Edit History

Cointhief

Cointhief

Tarto nods at the Prince "I know of at least one relative off hand, a fairly famous troupe member of the Royal Theater Company. Oh, that's on the Rock of Bral. Kiboko Ryeback. The two were somewhat estranged, but I'm sure he'd appreciate something more than the Fleet notices we've sent."

~~~ 

The days roll by as Tarto continues your training to keep your edge...and stave off boredom. You find yourself dreaming for another encounter with a goldfish-bowl-with-a-brain-in-it, space flux, or at least Popsicle's antics to liven things up. Finally the hadozee instructor gives in and breaks out a few boxes of ammo for an impromptu firearms training. The change of pace is welcome from what had been a rather drabby business.

Off duty, Saerthe likewise starts to let his guard down. Revealing his alchemical prowess, the silver-eyed enchanter breaks out some kind of distilled, nebulous drink. Its potent fumes fuel many a game of cards...and for better or worse you've now just about memorized every card in the Wildspace creature silhouettes deck he brought along.

One day, the crew is all gathered on the Command Deck for mealtime (the scorched graveyard of Ryeback's pork joint loosing its flair). Here, the pieces of dusty cardboard and solid stone they try to convince you is food makes you wish you had taken those H'Cathan doom radishes from the cave. Sometimes it seemed the kittens were eating better...it was easy to trust the little halfling with gold eyes who guaranteed a lead content of less than 25 ppb.

Then suddenly Saerthe startles saying, "Feels like an asteroid coming up on us...big one!" as the spelljammer's tyrant-heightened senses reach out into Realmspace. As expected, the ship lurches to a stop and Saerthe remarks "I'm sure I'm right but go get a visual to confirm...something doesn't feel right." Tarto hands you back the sending stone. "Just in case. Now go stretch them legs."

image.png.de13597c1518bfee8a92b170fe69a985.pngAssuming you heed the command, the best vantage can be had from the Hollow Deck...just a quick jump down the hole and across the gravity plane. Up near Lou's mangonel, Lazuli is the first to spot it. There is indeed a rocky debris field floating just outside your ship's air envelope. About half a mile away, a pock-marked asteroid rotates slowly. The asteroid is at least three times larger than the massive tyrant.

Lou and Celsior notice a brief glint, the shimmer hinting a metallic vessel...but it disappears behind the asteroid just as quickly.

Lou feel free to post a followup to the kittens if you like, can retcon it back in.

Cointhief

Cointhief

Tarto nods at the Prince "I know of at least one relative off hand, a fairly famous troupe member of the Royal Theater Company. Oh, that's on the Rock of Bral. Kiboko Ryeback. The two were somewhat estranged, but I'm sure he'd appreciate something more than the Fleet notices we've sent."

~~~ 

The days roll by as Tarto continues your training to keep your edge...and stave off boredom. You find yourself dreaming for another encounter with a goldfish-bowl-with-a-brain-in-it, space flux, or at least Popsicle's antics to liven things up. Finally the hadozee instructor gives in and breaks out a few boxes of ammo for an impromptu firearms training. The change of pace is welcome from what had been a rather drabby business.

Off duty, Saerthe likewise starts to let his guard down. Revealing his alchemical prowess, the silver-eyed enchanter breaks out some kind of distilled, nebulous drink. Its potent fumes fuel many a game of cards...and for better or worse you've now just about memorized every card in the Wildspace creature silhouettes deck he brought along.

One day, the crew is all gathered on the Command Deck for mealtime (the scorched graveyard of Ryeback's pork joint loosing its flair). Here, the pieces of dusty cardboard and solid stone they try to convince you is food makes you wish you had taken those H'Cathan doom radishes from the cave. Sometimes it seemed the kittens were eating better...it was easy to trust the little halfling with gold eyes who guaranteed a lead content of less than 25 ppb.

Then suddenly Saerthe startles saying, "Feels like an asteroid coming up on us...big one!" as the spelljammer's tyrant-heightened senses reach out into Realmspace. As expected, the ship lurches to a stop and Saerthe remarks "I'm sure I'm right but go get a visual to confirm...something doesn't feel right." Tarto hands you back the sending stone. "Just in case. Now go stretch them legs."

image.png.de13597c1518bfee8a92b170fe69a985.pngAssuming you heed the command, the best vantage can be had from the Hollow Deck...just a quick jump down the hole and across the gravity plane. Up near Lou's mangonel, Lazuli is the first to spot it. There is indeed a rocky debris field floating just outside your ship's air envelope. About half a mile away, a pock-marked asteroid rotates slowly. The asteroid is at least three times larger than your vessel.

Lou and Celsior notice a brief glint, the shimmer hinting a metallic vessel...but it disappears behind the asteroid just as quickly.

Lou feel free to post a followup to the kittens if you like, can retcon it back in.

Cointhief

Cointhief

~~~ 

Assuming you heed the command, the best vantage can be had from the Hollow Deck...just a quick jump down the hole and across the gravity plane. Up near Lou's mangonel, Lazuli is the first to spot it. There is indeed a rocky debris field floating just outside your ship's air envelope. About half a mile away, a pock-marked asteroid rotates slowly. The asteroid is at least three times larger than your vessel.