Edit History

Cointhief

Cointhief

"Someone was making it appear that Vocath was bribing Miken. Vocath claims he merely wanted to extract and interrogate Miken. I doubt how his hired goons handled it is exactly the way he wanted it to go..." Tarto begins.

"I wouldn't put it past him. Cold, smug, prideful, wealthy. Rumor has it Vocath runs an illegal death arena somewhere out in some unlinked wildspace system. He's got more allies than we do, thats for sure..." Mirt remarks. "I hate to admit it, but Vocath could have just wiped us out if he really wanted to. His plans to raise a mercenary fleet in Realmspace...well, it ain't the first system he's made that pitch. Probably just couldn't stand it some punk was putting his brand on everything."

Sarthe nods "You are quite right though, Celsior. The mercane are an enigmatic lineage. They can be as alien and aberrant as the Neogi, but are typically much less combative. Ah, with your learning you will understand this: their origins are planar, not material. Guessing at their motives requires a psychology that hasn't been invented yet."

"They definitely hold a grudge though. You get one chance with them, one offense and you're through. I hope you never have to deal with them directly." Tarto adds.

Cointhief

Cointhief

"Someone was making it appear that Vocath was bribing Miken. Vocath claims he merely wanted to extract and interrogate Miken. I doubt how his hired goons handled it is exactly the way he wanted it to go..." Tarto begins.

"I wouldn't put it past him. Cold, smug, prideful, wealthy. Rumor has it Vocath runs an illegal death arena somewhere out in some unlinked wildspace system. He's got more allies than we do, thats for sure..." Mirt remarks. "I hate to admit it, but Vocath could have just wiped us out if her really wanted to. His plans to raise a mercenary fleet in Realmspace...well, it ain't the first system he's made that pitch. Probably just couldn't stand it some punk was putting his brand on everything."

Sarthe nods "You are quite right though, Celsior. The mercane are an enigmatic lineage. They can be as alien and aberrant as the Neogi, but are typically much less combative. Ah, with your learning you will understand this: their origins are planar, not material. Guessing at their motives requires a psychology that hasn't been invented yet."

"They definitely hold a grudge though. You get one chance with them, one offense and you're through. I hope you never have to deal with them directly." Tarto adds.