Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 5 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +7 or DC 151st 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2| Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

Before Arriving Back in Kalaman

Mery rides along on Handsome back to Kalaman in silence. There's a lot she wants to say, to let the others know that she's screaming for help on the inside, but the words won't come out. Besides, she doesn't trust herself. And if they're all tired and weary, silence at least means nothing that causes more problems gets said. It just also means that nothing gets resolved.

For PhoenixSlayer when Kai hugs Mery

Kai notices two things when he hugs Mery. The first is that she is really tense about something, although he gets the impression that she was tense before he hugged her. The second is that she doesn't seem to know what to do with being hugged. He gets the impression that she likes being hugged but something is preventing her from being able to 'receive' a hug. He doesn't know what that might be, though.

After Arriving at the Folketh Estate

She stumbles into bed, exhausted, when they finally arrive back at the Folketh estate, but her rest is plagued by nightmares of witches and being maneuvered into things she doesn't want to do by a shadowy masculine figure. She wakes feeling, if anything, worse but is grateful that she at least has her own room and hopefully didn't wake any of the others if her bad dreams made her call out. She takes breakfast back to her room and downs it without tasting it.

She goes out for an early ride on Handsome and spends the rest of the morning until they have to leave learning how to groom him and care for her tack from the lad in charge of the horses. She also restocks Handsome's travel grain and grabs a few apples and carrots to feed him as treats for when they're on the road.

Once they're in the city, she struggles to stay awake, but does find the driftglobe to be interesting. Upon studying it, she debates how to handle what she thinks she might know. She finally decides, a bit reluctantly, to give it a try. Preparing herself to forcefully hawk a loogie on the 'h', she looks at it and says,"Lūkḫūt!" trying a couple of different variations in case she hadn't gotten the intonation quite right, which was always a risk with languages she hadn't grown up speaking. 'I kind of hope this doesn't work.'

She wants to say something to Cudgel, but her exhausted brain isn't working very well. She settles for, "We were told you had died. I am glad to see our source was wrong, and I'm sorry about Jeyev. I would have liked for many reasons to have been proved wrong about him," and a touch on the Dwarf's shoulder.

She also manages to catch Governor Miat before they leave. She tells the Governor, "We encountered a noble of the Cevelcedi family on our mission. They were under the control of a creepy undead skeletal knight. We took out the skeleton, but unfortunately the noble died as well. We took the family crest out of the noble's armor and wanted to return the crest to the family. Can you recommend the best way to get that family a message with the crest and let them know their relative has passed? We unfortunately don't have a first name, but we can describe the individual, and we've got their dirty clothing. We can get that cleaned and send it back as well if you think that's appropriate."

When everyone has left and it's just the group, she starts feeling nauseated and even looks decidedly green around the gills. But there is at least one matter she feels able to address. "There's something unrelated to our business at hand that I've been wanting to tell you guys for what feels like forever now. It's just either not been on my mind or else we've been busy with other matters, but Cudgel's return has brought it to mind again." She then pauses for two beats. "I'm not convinced yet that Ser Becklin is dead. Some things haven't been adding up, starting with that first scout's report when they gave Ser Becklin's helm to Ser Darrett. I didn't want to tell this to Cudgel in case Ser Becklin is dead, but I think we should keep an eye out for her in case she's alive."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (4 per long and short rest, for 1d8)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d8). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Cutting Words (requires use of bardic inspiration)

Also at 3rd level, you learn how to use your wit to distract, confuse, and otherwise sap the confidence and competence of others. When a creature that you can see within 60 feet of you makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a damage roll, you can use your reaction to expend one of your uses of Bardic Inspiration, rolling a Bardic Inspiration die and subtracting the number rolled from the creature’s roll. You can choose to use this feature after the creature makes its roll, but before the GM determines whether the attack roll or ability check succeeds or fails, or before the creature deals its damage. The creature is immune if it can’t hear you or if it’s immune to being charmed.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

20 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability
  • 3rd (2/2 slots): dispel magic, hypnotic pattern

Class Features:

• 4/4 Bardic Inspiration (1d8) with Font of Inspiration, recovered after a long or short rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)

Mery rides along on Handsome back to Kalaman in silence. There's a lot she wants to say, to let the others know that she's screaming for help on the inside, but the words won't come out. Besides, she doesn't trust herself. And if they're all tired and weary, silence at least means nothing that causes more problems gets said. It just also means that nothing gets resolved.

Kai notices two things when he hugs Mery. The first is that she is really tense about something, although he gets the impression that she was tense before he hugged her. The second is that she doesn't seem to know what to do with being hugged. He gets the impression that she likes being hugged but something is preventing her from being able to 'receive' a hug. He doesn't know what that might be, though.

She stumbles into bed, exhausted, when they finally arrive back at the Folketh estate, but her rest is plagued by nightmares of witches and being maneuvered into things she doesn't want to do by a shadowy masculine figure. She wakes feeling, if anything, worse but is grateful that she at least has her own room and hopefully didn't wake any of the others if her bad dreams made her call out. She takes breakfast back to her room and downs it without tasting it.

She goes out for an early ride on Handsome and spends the rest of the morning until they have to leave learning how to groom him and care for her tack from the lad in charge of the horses. She also restocks Handsome's travel grain and grabs a few apples and carrots to feed him as treats for when they're on the road.

Once they're in the city, she struggles to stay awake, but does find the driftglobe to be interesting. Upon studying it, she debates how to handle what she thinks she might know. She finally decides, a bit reluctantly, to give it a try. Preparing herself to hawk a loogie on the 'h', she looks at it and says,"Lūkḫūt!" trying a couple of different variations in case she hadn't gotten the intonation quite right, which was always a risk with languages she hadn't grown up speaking. 'I kind of hope this doesn't work.'

She wants to say something to Cudgel, but her exhausted brain isn't working very well. She settles for, "We were told you had died. I am glad to see our source was wrong, and I'm sorry about Jeyev. I would have liked for many reasons to have been proved wrong about him," and a touch on the Dwarf's shoulder.

She also manages to catch Governor Miat before they leave. She tells the Governor, "We encountered a noble of the Cevelcedi family on our mission. They were under the control of a creepy undead skeletal knight. We took out the skeleton, but unfortunately the noble died as well. We took the family crest out of the noble's armor and wanted to return the crest to the family. Can you recommend the best way to get that family a message with the crest and let them know their relative has passed? We unfortunately don't have a first name, but we can describe the individual, and we've got their dirty clothing. We can get that cleaned and send it back as well if you think that's appropriate."

When everyone has left and it's just the group, she starts feeling nauseated and even looks decidedly green around the gills. But there is at least one matter she feels able to address. "There's something unrelated to our business at hand that I've been wanting to tell you guys for what feels like forever now. It's just either not been on my mind or else we've been busy with other matters, but Cudgel's return has brought it to mind again." She then pauses for two beats. "I'm not convinced yet that Ser Becklin is dead. Some things haven't been adding up, starting with that first scout's report when they gave Ser Becklin's helm to Ser Darrett. I didn't want to tell this to Cudgel in case Ser Becklin is dead, but I think we should keep an eye out for her in case she's alive."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d8). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Also at 3rd level, you learn how to use your wit to distract, confuse, and otherwise sap the confidence and competence of others. When a creature that you can see within 60 feet of you makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a damage roll, you can use your reaction to expend one of your uses of Bardic Inspiration, rolling a Bardic Inspiration die and subtracting the number rolled from the creature’s roll. You can choose to use this feature after the creature makes its roll, but before the GM determines whether the attack roll or ability check succeeds or fails, or before the creature deals its damage. The creature is immune if it can’t hear you or if it’s immune to being charmed.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

Class Features:

• 4/4 Bardic Inspiration (1d8) with Font of Inspiration, recovered after a long or short rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

Mery rides along on Handsome back to Kalaman in silence. There's a lot she wants to say, to let the others know that she's screaming on the inside, but the words won't come out. Besides, she doesn't trust herself. And if they're all tired and weary, silence at least means nothing that causes more problems gets said. It just also means that nothing gets resolved.

Once they're in the city, she struggles to stay awake, but does find the driftglobe to be interesting. Upon studying it, she debates how to handle what she thinks she might know. She finally decides, a bit reluctantly, to give it a try. Preparing herself to hawk a loogie on the 'h', she looks at it and says,"Lūkḫūt!" trying a couple of different variations in case she hadn't gotten the intonation quite right, which was always a risk with languages she hadn't grown up speaking. 'I kind of hope this doesn't work.'

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

Mery rides along on Handsome back to Kalaman in silence. There's a lot she wants to say, to let the others know that she's screaming on the inside, but the words won't come out. Besides, she doesn't trust herself. And if they're all tired and weary, silence at least means nothing that causes more problems gets said. It just also means that nothing gets resolved.

She also manages to catch Governor Miat before they leave. She tells the Governor, "We encountered a noble of the Cevelcedi family on our mission. They were under the control of a creepy undead skeletal knight. We dispatched the skeleton, but unfortunately the noble died as well. We took the family crest out of the noble's armor and wanted to return the crest to the family. Can you recommend the best way to get that family a message with the crest and let them know their relative has passed? We unfortunately don't have a first name, but we can describe the individual, and we've got their dirty clothing. We can get it cleaned and send it back as well if you think that's appropriate."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She also manages to catch Governor Miat before they leave. She tells the Governor, "We encountered a noble of the Cevelcedi family on our mission. They were under the control of a creepy undead skeletal knight. We dispatched the skeleton, but unfortunately the noble died as well. We took the family crest out of the noble's armor and wanted to return the crest to the family. Can you recommend the best way to get that family a message with the crest and let them know their relative has passed? We unfortunately don't have a first name, but we can describe the individual, and we've got their dirty clothing. We can get it cleaned and send it back as well if you think that's appropriate."

When everyone has left and it's just the group, she starts feeling nauseated and even looks decidedly green around the gills. But there is at least one matter she feels able to address. "There's something unrelated to our business at hand that I've been wanting to tell you guys for what feels like forever now. It's just either not been on my mind or else we've been busy with other matters, but Cudgel's return has brought it to mind again." She then pauses for two beats. "I'm not convinced yet that Ser Becklin is dead. Some things haven't added up, starting with that first scout's report when they gave Ser Becklin's helm to Ser Darrett. I didn't want to tell this to Cudgel in case Ser Becklin is dead, but I think we should keep an eye out for her in case she's alive."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

Mount Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC