Edit History

PureChance

PureChance

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 () | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis takes care to listen carefully to Mery's story, though he finds it difficult not to jump in. He also gives his new companions time to speak, nodding appreciatively when Coltan mentions the difficulties he may face on their next mission. It seems most of them share his concerns about timing - so far none of their journeys have gone to plan. This was meant to only be a funeral for starters! They had been thrust from one catastrophe, or at best complication, to another. The fact that they'd had to postpone this conversation so long was proof of it already.

"Indeed Coltan," he replied to the dwarf, "I had intended to seek Ser Colpher out already to discuss the events that brought us to this point. To be entirely honest, even those graphic threats felt like they skirted the edge of allowable behaviour even if they were a deceit, and I would have his wisdom on that as well as a number of other points."

"Kai has the right of it, Mery," he continues, "we need to be able to trust you to hold to your duty, no matter how uncomfortable it is, when our lives may be on the line." He holds up a hand to forestall her response for a moment. "And I know you gave the condition of your life being in danger, and those three circumstances that push you beyond, but if there's anything this mission has just shown us it's that we don't know how much danger we're in. None of us knew those goblins were ahead, we couldn't have, None of us knew of those witches in the wood. We couldn't have. So our decisions are always made on incomplete information, and we won't know if our lives are in danger as a result. Modri, Modri, was almost put down by goblins of all things. That fight could have very easily gone another direction, and we were one person down. If you had been slower to notice what the witches were doing, or the rules of their magic any different, you may have never escaped. We won't always have time to slow down. We've barely had it till now."

He paused for a moment, letting his silence hammer home his point. If she felt guilty by his words, well that was the point. She'd shown no ounce of remorse so far. The ale arrives at the same time, and the silence extends. It doesn't seem right to speak whilst servants are around.

"The same is true of those situations you mentioned. What drove you to the edge last time was not any of those. You said yourself you didn't realise it would. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep going, keep fighting. I agree with Coltan, challenge makes you stronger, and I'm happy to be there to face it with you or shield you from it as you would prefer. I'd rather none of us died to Takhisis."

He turns to the sea elf, "For that matter Kai, I'm not sure any of us are fearless. My old mentor used to say that bravery wasn't avoiding fear, it was fighting despite it. The first time I saw those monsters I was terrified, I've no shame to say, yet I fought on, as did we all. Gods, it's difficult to believe they seem almost commonplace already."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

Artanis takes care to listen carefully to Mery's story, though he finds it difficult not to jump in. He also gives his new companions time to speak, nodding appreciatively when Coltan mentions the difficulties he may face on their next mission. It seems most of them share his concerns about timing - so far none of their journeys have gone to plan. This was meant to only be a funeral for starters! They had been thrust from one catastrophe, or at best complication, to another. The fact that they'd had to postpone this conversation so long was proof of it already.

"Indeed Coltan," he replied to the dwarf, "I had intended to seek Ser Colpher out already to discuss the events that brought us to this point. To be entirely honest, even those graphic threats felt like they skirted the edge of allowable behaviour even if they were a deceit, and I would have his wisdom on that as well as a number of other points."

"Kai has the right of it, Mery," he continues, "we need to be able to trust you to hold to your duty, no matter how uncomfortable it is, when our lives may be on the line." He holds up a hand to forestall her response for a moment. "And I know you gave the condition of your life being in danger, and those three circumstances that push you beyond, but if there's anything this mission has just shown us it's that we don't know how much danger we're in. None of us knew those goblins were ahead, we couldn't have, None of us knew of those witches in the wood. We couldn't have. So our decisions are always made on incomplete information, and we won't know if our lives are in danger as a result. Modri, Modri, was almost put down by goblins of all things. That fight could have very easily gone another direction, and we were one person down. If you had been slower to notice what the witches were doing, or the rules of their magic any different, you may have never escaped. We won't always have time to slow down. We've barely had it till now."

He paused for a moment, letting his silence hammer home his point. If she felt guilty by his words, well that was the point. The ale arrives at the same time, and the silence extends. It doesn't seem right to speak whilst servants are around.

"The same is true of those situations you mentioned. What drove you to the edge last time was not any of those. You said yourself you didn't realise it would. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep going, keep fighting. I agree with Coltan, challenge makes you stronger, and I'm happy to be there to face it with you or shield you from it as you would prefer. I'd rather none of us died to Takhisis."

He turns to the sea elf, "For that matter Kai, I'm not sure any of us are fearless. My old mentor used to say that bravery wasn't avoiding fear, it was fighting despite it. The first time I saw those monsters I was terrified, I've no shame to say, yet I fought on, as did we all. Gods, it's difficult to believe they seem almost commonplace already."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

He paused for a moment, letting his silence hammer home his point. If she felt guilty by his words, well that was the point. The ale arrives at the same time, and the silence extends. It doesn't seem right to speak whilst servants are around.

"The same is true of those situations you mentioned. What drove you to the edge last time was not any of those. You said yourself you didn't realise it would. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep going, keep fighting. I agree with Coltan, challenge makes you stronger, and I'm happy to be there to face it with you or shield you from it as you would prefer."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features: