Edit History

PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin
Level 5 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Breastplate, +2 Shield) | HP: 58/58 (5d10+10+10) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 20 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 17, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Escaped!

Having escaped the notice of the RDA, Merituuli finally manages to breathe a sigh of relief. It had been close during a few moments - especially trying to keep poor Tiergan hidden - but his newly-discovered magic had pulled through. He gives the baculite shell a kiss and places it onto his back once more before approaching Modri and patting him on the shoulder. With a grin he says, "Glad you're safe, friend. I'll ask Kalasääski as well, but how many do you think are in there? Hunni seems confident in 'two', but I've come to learn that 'two' means 'many' for her."

Kalasääski eventually returns from their high-altitude avoidance of the situation, perching on a branch near the sea elf and waiting patiently. Focusing on his spiritual connection to the osprey, his eyes flash the same yellow as theirs for a moment before he says, "Modri is thinking about 40 in the outpost. What did you see?"  After Kalasääski confirms the same amount, Merituuli nods gravely. "That's going to be tough. We'll need to take this as slowly and carefully as possible. Good work, friend." He strokes the osprey atop the head before returning to the others and delivering the news.

Planning

After entering The Trance and delving through ancestral memories for guidance, Merituuli sees the first signs of Lieutenant Raven and her group beginning to filter into position. He reports on the number of soldiers within and the close call they had, before realizing a way Hunni could better report on her own findings. He finds a stick and a patch of dirt before approaching the gully dwarf and saying, "Hunni, I know you're... well, not great with numbers... but I had an idea! I'd like you to scratch a mark in the dirt here for every different soldier you saw in the outpost. I'm curious to see if it lines up with what Modri and Kalasääski reported."

Like Artanis, he also requisitions some climbing equipment, though he goes for the full climber's kit. Not quite as athletic as Mr. Dashing Knight... hopefully this'll pull me through! He takes a moment to familiarize himself with the equipment and thanks Lieutenant Raven profusely. He memorizes Coltan's color code and ensures his heavy crossbow and bolts are in good condition.

Back amongst themselves, Merituuli adds to the plan. "I can use my magics to muffle our approach and climb as well. The more risks we mitigate, the better. I might have some difficulty empowering my shell in the Silence area... but I have some backup if we need it." He pulls a well-sharpened whalebone dagger from a side holster and twirls it for a moment. "This little friend saved me from a shark once. Hopefully it'll decide to save me again."

As a group, they also take some time to go through the magic items gifted by Decimus and Mery. Merituuli claims the Cloak of Elvenkind and the Wand of Web, and attunes to both of them in the intervening time before setting out to Wheelwatch once more.

In between all of it, Kai uses some of the herbs he purchased in Kalaman to craft a Potion of Healing. The red, shimmering liquid of the finalized potion glows slightly in the setting sunlight.

At the Wall

On the way, Merituuli readies the climber's kit equipment, putting on the boot tips, gloves, and harness. Just before reaching the wall, he puts up the hood of the Cloak of Elvenkind - its magic takes swift effect and he blends in with his surroundings. He then touches the baculite shell and once more calls on the silence of the ocean depths, bathing the party in an aura of shadow.

Approaching as quietly as possible, he throws his rope up and connects his harness to it. Giving it a tug, he is about to start climbing when Hunni mentions teleporting up instead of climbing. "I think I'm pretty secure, but if you're just using magic to get up there, mind checking our ropes before we start? If you stay near the wall, you'll still be in range of my magic. I can come up right behind you."

Once everyone is in position, Merituuli climbs upwards, with Kalasääski following soon after. Together with the rope and climber's kit, he makes short and easy work of the wall, cresting over and ducking down.

OOC

Just before getting to the wall, I'll put the hood up on the Cloak of Elvenkind and cast Pass without Trace.  Everyone will have a +10 to Stealth as long as they stay within 30 ft. of me! Credit as well to @KingGoblin for coming up with the idea of checking / lowering ropes. Might help the others during the climb!

Alert: Other creatures don't gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.

Concentration:

Bonus Action: —

Action:

Movement:

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Attacks Per Action: 2

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+4 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +7 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

AC: 18 (Breastplate, +2 Shield) | HP: 58/58 (5d10+10+10) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 20 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 17, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)

Escaped!

Having escaped the notice of the RDA, Merituuli finally manages to breathe a sigh of relief. It had been close during a few moments - especially trying to keep poor Tiergan hidden - but his newly-discovered magic had pulled through. He gives the baculite shell a kiss and places it onto his back once more before approaching Modri and patting him on the shoulder. With a grin he says, "Glad you're safe, friend. I'll ask Kalasääski as well, but how many do you think are in there? Hunni seems confident in 'two', but I've come to learn that 'two' means 'many' for her."

Kalasääski eventually returns from their high-altitude avoidance of the situation, perching on a branch near the sea elf and waiting patiently. Focusing on his spiritual connection to the osprey, his eyes flash the same yellow as theirs for a moment before he says, "Modri is thinking about 40 in the outpost. What did you see?"  After Kalasääski confirms the same amount, Merituuli nods gravely. "That's going to be tough. We'll need to take this as slowly and carefully as possible. Good work, friend." He strokes the osprey atop the head before returning to the others and delivering the news.

Planning

After entering The Trance and delving through ancestral memories for guidance, Merituuli sees the first signs of Lieutenant Raven and her group beginning to filter into position. He reports on the number of soldiers within and the close call they had, before realizing a way Hunni could better report on her own findings. He finds a stick and a patch of dirt before approaching the gully dwarf and saying, "Hunni, I know you're... well, not great with numbers... but I had an idea! I'd like you to scratch a mark in the dirt here for every different soldier you saw in the outpost. I'm curious to see if it lines up with what Modri and Kalasääski reported."

Like Artanis, he also requisitions some climbing equipment, though he goes for the full climber's kit. Not quite as athletic as Mr. Dashing Knight... hopefully this'll pull me through! He takes a moment to familiarize himself with the equipment and thanks Lieutenant Raven profusely. He memorizes Coltan's color code and ensures his heavy crossbow and bolts are in good condition.

Back amongst themselves, Merituuli adds to the plan. "I can use my magics to muffle our approach and climb as well. The more risks we mitigate, the better. I might have some difficulty empowering my shell in the Silence area... but I have some backup if we need it." He pulls a well-sharpened whalebone dagger from a side holster and twirls it for a moment. "This little friend saved me from a shark once. Hopefully it'll decide to save me again."

As a group, they also take some time to go through the magic items gifted by Decimus and Mery. Merituuli claims the Cloak of Elvenkind and the Wand of Web, and attunes to both of them in the intervening time before setting out to Wheelwatch once more.

In between all of it, Kai uses some of the herbs he purchased in Kalaman to craft a Potion of Healing. The red, shimmering liquid of the finalized glows slightly in the setting sunlight.

At the Wall

On the way, Merituuli readies the climber's kit equipment, putting on the boot tips, gloves, and harness. Just before reaching the wall, he puts up the hood of the Cloak of Elvenkind - its magic takes swift effect and he blends in with his surroundings. He then touches the baculite shell and once more calls on the silence of the ocean depths, bathing the party in an aura of shadow.

Approaching as quietly as possible, he throws his rope up and connects his harness to it. Giving it a tug, he is about to start climbing when Hunni mentions teleporting up instead of climbing. "I think I'm pretty secure, but if you're just using magic to get up there, mind checking our ropes before we start? If you stay near the wall, you'll still be in range of my magic. I can come up right behind you."

Once everyone is in position, Merituuli climbs upwards, with Kalasääski following soon after. Together with the rope and climber's kit, he makes short and easy work of the wall, cresting over and ducking down.

OOC

Just before getting to the wall, I'll put the hood up on the Cloak of Elvenkind and cast Pass without Trace.  Everyone will have a +10 to Stealth as long as they stay within 30 ft. of me! Credit as well to @KingGoblin for coming up with the idea of checking / lowering ropes. Might help the others during the climb!

Alert: Other creatures don't gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Escaped!

Planning

At the Wall

OOC

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Escaped!

Planning

At the Wall

Once everyone is in position, Merituuli climbs upwards, with Kalasääski following soon after. Together with the rope and climber's kit, he makes short and easy work of the wall, cresting over into the area of magical silence.

OOC

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Escaped!

Planning

At the Wall

On the way, Merituuli readies the climber's kit equipment, putting on the boot tips, gloves, and harness. Just before reaching the wall, he puts up the hood of the Cloak of Elvenkind - its magic takes swift effect and he blends in with his surroundings. He then touches the baculite shell and once more calls on the silence of the ocean depths, bathing the party in an aura of shadow. "Whenever you're ready, Coltan."

Approaching as quietly as possible, he throws his rope up and connects his harness to it. Giving it a tug, he is about to start climbing when Hunni mentions teleporting up instead of climbing. "I think I'm pretty secure, but if you're just using magic to get up there, mind checking our ropes before we start? If you stay near the wall, you'll still be in range of my magic, plus you'll be in Coltan's Silence. I can come up right behind you."

Once everyone is in position, Merituuli climbs upwards, with Kalasääski following soon after. Together with the rope and climber's kit, he makes short and easy work of the wall, cresting over into the area of magical silence.

OOC

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Escaped!

Planning

Back amongst themselves, Merituuli adds to the plan. "I can use my magics to muffle our approach and climb as well. The more risks we mitigate, the better. I might have some difficulty empowering my shell in the Silence area... but I have some backup if we need it." He pulls a well-sharpened whalebone dagger from a side holster and twirls it for a moment. "This little friend saved me from a shark, once. Hopefully it'll decide to save me again."

At the Wall

On the way, Merituuli readies the climber's kit equipment, putting on the boot tips, gloves, and harness. Just before reaching the wall, he puts up the hood of the Cloak of Elvenkind - its magic takes swift effect and he blends in with his surroundings. He then touches the baculite shell and once more calls on the silence of the ocean depths, bathing the party in an aura of shadow. "Whenever you're ready, Coltan."

Approaching as quietly as possible, he throws his rope up and connects his harness to it. Giving it a tug, he is about to start climbing when Hunni mentions teleporting up instead of climbing. "I think I'm pretty secure, but if you're just using magic to get up there, mind checking our ropes before we start? If you stay near the wall, you'll still be in range of my magic, plus you'll be in Coltan's Silence. I can come up right behind you."

OOC

Just before getting to the wall, I'll put the hood up on the Cloak of Elvenkind and cast Pass without Trace.  Everyone will have a +10 to Stealth as long as they stay within 30 ft. of me! Credit as well to @KingGoblin for coming up with the idea of checking / lowering ropes.

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells
PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Escaped!

Planning

Back amongst themselves, Merituuli adds to the plan. "I can use my magics to muffle our approach and climb as well. The more risks we mitigate, the better. I might have some difficulty empowering my shell in the Silence area... but I have some backup if we need it." He pulls a well-sharpened whalebone dagger from a side holster and twirls it for a moment. "This little friend saved me from a shark, once. Hopefully it'll decide to save me again."

At the Wall

Once everyone is in position, Merituuli climbs upwards, with Kalasääski following soon after.

OOC

Just before getting to the wall, I'll put the hood up on the Cloak of Elvenkind and cast Pass without Trace.  Everyone will have a +10 to Stealth as long as they stay within 30 ft. of me! Credit as well to @KingGoblin for coming up with the idea of checking / lowering ropes.

Concentration:

Action:

Movement:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 3/3 Favored Foe Marks
  • 4/4 1st Level Spells
  • 1/2 2nd Level Spells