The 8th Day of the Campaign - About 4:50 AM–5:00 AM

• Solinari: Waning Gibbous
  • Lunitari: Waning Crescent
  • Nuitari: Waxing Crescent

Wheelwatch Outpost

(Everyone)

IC

Round 4

Coltan, Merituuli, and Modri, each help drag bodies as far as they can in the round. There are large patches of blood on the ground staining the dirt where the three soldiers died!

Jail Cells

Arlo, Fairla, and Vigdan, you three have been sleeping the night away, about as comfortably as you possibly can. You’ve long since tuned out Elgo, the kender skirmisher, but you get awoken when Captain Vanse threatens to garrote the kender woman if she doesn’t shut up.

Captain Vanse gets up and heads out, talking about feeding Ixenkuhri and giving her a bath. It’s still dark out. It must be about four in the morning!

Something’s odd, though. You’re very used to the repetitive marching of armored men in the courtyard, all day, every day. Patrolling back and fourth. But now, something’s different. It’s quiet. REALLY quiet. No marching, no talking, no grousing about the terrible food. No stomping on the dirt with metal grieves. It’s unnervingly, really, really quiet.

“Hey!” Elgo, says, breaking the eerie silence. “I’ve been saving this for a whiles.” She reaches into her own mouth and after an effort that nearly results in a pool of vomit on the floor—somehow she stops herself gagging in the nick of time—she produces a lockpick. “Sures, they took me picks set away, but not like I’mma let them take all’a thems!”

After a lack of success, she holds up the still-wet lockpick and says, “any’ayas can pick yer cell door? . . . Cell Door . . . Cell ’o Door . . . Cellar Door? Selladoor . . . ah, yeah, the most beautiful phrase in common, I heard a man say once! Let me tells you about the time that . . .”

Lanal looks at Arlo, Fairla, and Vigdan and shrugs. “I think that’s the thirty-seventh time of the ‘cellar door’ story . . . well, she brings up a good point. Any of you three able to pick a lock?”

“Yeah, soz, iff’n yas can pick the sellador, then maybes we can gets our stuffs back. Dids they takes yer stuffs too?”

In fact, you do remember all your spell components, lockpicks, and any other equipment was moved somewhere else—probably wherever they took Elgo’s hoopack.

OOC

Walls. The walls of Wheelwatch are 20 feet high, with towers and fortifications adding an additional 10 feet for each floor.

Windows. The windows in these walls are 6-inch-wide arrow slits.

Light. Torches provide bright light throughout the fort.

Cell Door Lock. You can pick the lock of your cell with a DC 15 Dexterity (thieves’ tools) check.

Ixenkuhri. Anyone who understands draconicknows that “Ixenkuhri” means “Fire River”.

Gate Controls. The north and south gates each have a mechanism to open and close that gate. “Unlocking” (actually, engaging the internal mechanism) a gate mechanism requires using two separate gate keys or succeeding on a DC 14 Dexterity (thieves’ tools) check.

And, just because I’m not an asshole, “GOTCHA!” DM, fair warning:

It takes 1 minute to fully open or close the gates using the controls. Opening a gate attracts the attention of all creatures in areas W1, W2, W3, and W4.

I know one of you suggested it, but your mission is to help them re-take the fort, so breaking the mechanism after you open the gates will probably go SUPREMELY unappreciated by the Kalaman army, who will then have no way of closing the gates to defend the fort from further attacks.

Finally, you are still in initiative. A clock has started ticking, so to speak. You have to find two keys, there are three bodies on the ground and blood everywhere. A patrol could begin on any one of the four walls at any time, and someone is giving something a scrub-down in the stables—who knows how long that’s going to last?

Map

image.png.c336cd2eae93d59c4de81880495c1a25.png

Statblocks

Red Dragon Army SoldierRed Dragon Army Soldier

Medium Humanoid, typically Lawful Evil
Armor Class 17 (scale mail, shield)a
Hit Points 22 (4d8 + 4)

Name Coordinates HP Max HP % Health Notes
RDAS1 Y28 0 29 0% Dead!
RDAS2 W31 0 34 0% Dead!
RDAS3 U28 0 33 0% Dead!

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
15 (+2) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0)

Skills Athletics +4, Perception +2
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Draconic
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Draconic Devotion. While the soldier can see a Dragon that isn’t hostile to it, the soldier has advantage on attack rolls.

Actions

Multiattack. The soldier makes two Longsword or Javelin attacks.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

• Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) slashing damage (or 7 (1d10 + 2) slashing damage if used with two hands), plus 2 (1d4) fire damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target.

• Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage plus 2 (1d4) fire damage.
Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Linaras, the 27th Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Sunday, March 27, 351 AC)

Wheelwatch Outpost

(Everyone)

IC

Round 4

Coltan, Merituuli, and Modri, each help drag bodies as far as they can in the round. There are large patches of blood on the ground staining the dirt where the three soldiers died!

Jail Cells

Arlo, Fairla, and Vigdan, you three have been sleeping the night away, about as comfortably as you possibly can. You’ve long since tuned out Elgo, the kender skirmisher, but you get awoken when Captain Vanse threatens to garrote the kender woman if she doesn’t shut up.

Captain Vanse gets up and heads out, talking about feeding Ixenkuhri and giving her a bath. It’s still dark out. It must be about four in the morning!

Something’s odd, though. You’re very used to the repetitive marching of armored men in the courtyard, all day, every day. Patrolling back and fourth. But now, something’s different. It’s quiet. REALLY quiet. No marching, no talking, no grousing about the terrible food. No stomping on the dirt with metal grieves. It’s unnervingly, really, really quiet.

“Hey!” Elgo, says, breaking the eerie silence. “I’ve been saving this for a whiles.” She reaches into her own mouth and after an effort that nearly results in a pool of vomit on the floor—somehow she stops herself gagging in the nick of time—she produces a lockpick. “Sures, they took me picks set away, but not like I’mma let them take all’a thems!”

After a lack of success, she holds up the still-wet lockpick and says, “any’ayas can pick yer cell door? . . . Cell Door . . . Cell ’o Door . . . Cellar Door? Selladoor . . . ah, yeah, the most beautiful phrase in common, I heard a man say once! Let me tells you about the time that . . .”

Lanal looks at Arlo, Fairla, and Vigdan and shrugs. “I think that’s the thirty-seventh time of the ‘cellar door’ story . . . well, she brings up a good point. Any of you three able to pick a lock?”

“Yeah, soz, iff’n yas can pick the sellador, then maybes we can gets our stuffs back. Dids they takes yer stuffs too?”

In fact, you do remember all your spell components, lockpicks, and any other equipment was moved somewhere else—probably wherever they took Elgo’s hoopack.

OOC

Walls. The walls of Wheelwatch are 20 feet high, with towers and fortifications adding an additional 10 feet for each floor.

Cell Door Lock. You can pick the lock of your cell with a DC 15 Dexterity (thieves’ tools) check.

Anyone who understands draconicknows that “Ixenkuhri” means “Fire River”.

Gate Controls. The north and south gates each have a mechanism to open and close that gate. “Unlocking” (actually, engaging the internal mechanism) a gate mechanism requires using two separate gate keys or succeeding on a DC 14 Dexterity (thieves’ tools) check.

It takes 1 minute to fully open or close the gates using the controls. Opening a gate attracts the attention of all creatures in areas W1, W2, W3, and W4.

I know one of you suggested it, but your mission is to help them re-take the fort, so breaking the mechanism after you open the gates will probably go SUPREMELY unappreciated by the Kalaman army, who will then have no way of closing the gates to defend the fort from further attacks.

Finally, you are still in initiative. A clock has started ticking, so to speak. You have to find two keys, there are three bodies on the ground and blood everywhere. A patrol could begin on any one of the four walls at any time, and someone is giving something a scrub-down in the stables—who knows how long that’s going to last?

Map

Statblocks

Hit Points 22 (4d8 + 4)

RDAS1 Y28 0 29 0% Dead!
RDAS2 W31 0 34 0% Dead!
RDAS3 U28 0 33 0% Dead!

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Draconic Devotion. While the soldier can see a Dragon that isn’t hostile to it, the soldier has advantage on attack rolls.

Actions

• Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) slashing damage (or 7 (1d10 + 2) slashing damage if used with two hands), plus 2 (1d4) fire damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target.

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

Wheelwatch Outpost

(Everyone)

IC

Round 4

Jail Cells

OOC

Map

Statblocks

Hit Points 22 (4d8 + 4)

RDAS1 Y28 0 29 0% Dead!
RDAS2 W31 0 34 0% Dead!
RDAS3 U28 0 33 0% Dead!

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

Wheelwatch Outpost

(Everyone)

IC

Round 4

Coltan, Merituuli, and Modri, each help drag bodies as far as they can in the round.

Jail Cells

OOC

Map

Statblocks

Hit Points 22 (4d8 + 4)

RDAS1 Y28 0 29 0% Dead!
RDAS2 W31 0 34 0% Dead!
RDAS3 U28 0 33 0% Dead!

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions