Edit History

PureChance

PureChance

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis sheaths his longsword, breathing heavily. He looks down on the broken body of the Red Dragon Captain at the base of the wall. The man had demonstrated none of the qualities of a true knight - no empathy, no leadership, no honour. It was a fitting end. Still, there is no time to rest despite the hard fought battle. If his allies' counts were true many more soldiers lie still within the fort, and they would have to move quickly to maintain the element of surprise. He nods towards Modri and their new companion of circumstance - the lady in white - before leading the way down the stairs.

With both keys secured by the freed prisoners, Artanis grunts as he sets his weight against the wheel of the gate, though any sound is disconcertingly suppressed once again by Coltan's divine powers. Despite his growing exhaustion, he musters enough drive to fight alongside the regular troops that Mayor Raven leads to take the fort, doing his best o bolster their resolve against the monsters and stepping in to save more than one that had hesitated in horror. He remembered all to clearly how he felt the first time he saw these draconians. He's thankful that the Mayor is here to oversee the interrogations, and avoid any more unpleasant instances...

Whilst the fort is secured and Coltan works on harvesting the dragonelle, Artanis introduces himself to the mage who had - surprisingly given her slight build - sent the Captain tumbling to his death. He makes sure to renew his stash of Red Dragon javelins before leaving, eager to return them to the enemy again, and leaves behind his regulars for the army's benefit. He's thrilled to see Tiergan back as well, the warhorse uninjured but clearly a little upset to be left out of the battle. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you're there for the next mission," Artanis promises him, laughing. "I'll not be trading you in for one of those dragons any time. That creature didn't have half your heart."

He's more than happy to be joined on the journey back to Kalaman by the other two prisoners as well; though he's clearly embarrassed by Vigdan recognising them as the 'Heroes of High Hill', he can't help hide a smile as well.

Back in Kalaman, word of Lord Barakis leading an assault causes Artanis to raise a mailed palm to his face and groan. For the benefit of Mage Fairla and Arlo, who may not have had the pleasure of meeting the infamous Barakis before, he shares his impression of the man as a blusterous lout full of hot air, and he is in no way surprised by Ser Darrett's concern. "Coltan is right, I'm sure Ser Barrett is doing his best, but we need to get there as soon as possible to minimise his influence. Preferably without meeting him till after, otherwise I'll be in the same position as Ser Darrett. We might have to strike a bit of a balance actually, if we're too successful we'll just embolden Lord Barakis and the Council to launch more operations spearheaded by him - at least till Marshall Vendri returns."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

Artanis sheaths his longsword, breathing heavily. He looks down on the broken body of the Red Dragon Captain at the base of the wall. The man had demonstrated none of the qualities of a true knight - no empathy, no leadership, no honour. It was a fitting end. Still, there is no time to rest despite the hard fought battle. If his allies' counts were true many more soldiers lie still within the fort, and they would have to move quickly to maintain the element of surprise. He nods towards Modri and their new companion of circumstance - the lady in white - before leading the way down the stairs.

With both keys secured by the freed prisoners, Artanis grunts as he sets his weight against the wheel of the gate, though any sound is disconcertingly suppressed once again by Coltan's divine powers. Despite his growing exhaustion, he musters enough drive to fight alongside the regular troops that Mayor Raven leads to take the fort, doing his best o bolster their resolve against the monsters and stepping in to save more than one that had hesitated in horror. He remembered all to clearly how he felt the first time he saw these draconians. He's thankful that the Mayor is here to oversee the interrogations, and avoid any more unpleasant instances...

Whilst the fort is secured and Coltan works on harvesting the dragonelle, Artanis introduces himself to the mage who had - surprisingly given her slight build - sent the Captain tumbling to his death. He makes sure to renew his stash of Red Dragon javelins before leaving, eager to return them to the enemy again, and leaves behind his regulars for the army's benefit. He's thrilled to see Tiergan back as well, the warhorse uninjured but clearly a little upset to be left out of the battle. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you're there for the next mission," Artanis promises him, laughing. "I'll not be trading you in for one of those dragons any time. That creature didn't have half your heart."

He's more than happy to be joined on the journey back to Kalaman by the other two prisoners as well; though he's clearly embarrassed by Vigdan recognising them as the 'Heroes of High Hill', he can't help hide a smile as well.

Back in Kalaman, word of Lord Barakis leading an assault causes Artanis to raise a mailed palm to his face and groan. For the benefit of Mage Fairla and Arlo, who may not have had the pleasure of meeting the infamous Barakis before, he shares his impression of the man as a blusterous lout full of hot air, and he is in no way surprised by Ser Darrett's concern. "Coltan is right, I'm sure Ser Barrett is doing his best, but we need to get there as soon as possible to minimise his influence. Preferably without meeting him till after, otherwise I'll be in the same position as Ser Darrett. We might have to strike a bit of a balance actually, if we're too successful we'll just embolden Lord Barakis and the Council to launch more operations spearheaded by him - at least till Marshall Vendri returns."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (6 THP) | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 2/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 0/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (6 THP) | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 2/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 0/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)