Safehouses (proposal)

FredRogers

Ok, here's what I have for the safe houses.  21 points is too much or too little for one place, so I suggest two.  

One main house that we could stay in for a while if we needed to, and a bolthole that would be for emergencies.

Converted Warehouse on the Waterfront

Obviously a corporate apartment building or love nest, shouldn't invite too much scrutiny

14 dots
Size: 4
Luxury: 3 (Looks like a love nest)
Mondragora Garden: 2 (Basement?) Basically a blood investment bank, 2 blood donated raises a 4 blood crop in a month, which lasts until picked.
Security: 2 (electronic surveillance & motion detectors/security doors)
Secret Escape Route: 1 (Underwater)
Secret Entry: 1 (?)
Retainer: 1 (Maintenance, light cleaning, Security)

Bolthole (abandoned shack?)

3 dots
Size: 2
Secret Entry: 1

Fleet: 1

Sublime suggested a place in his domain, the waterfront.
That works for me. A little investment and we could have jet-skis or a couple small power boats for leaving in an emergency

The bolthole should be just outside of town, some ramshackle abandoned house or something.

Edited by FredRogers (see edit history)

Note too that Marcus has an office/warehouse in the same area as his Domain.  It's 2 dots in size with 1 in security (because I can't do math the first time).  It's the head quarters of his company.  He would welcome investment into expanding it if anyone wanted to.  Moving to 4 dots in size would control the entire block, for example, and give us much needed space.  It's an option.  He has it as it either way.

Also, rules-wise:  I thought a new Background, bought with experience, costs 3 dots to start and 2xcurrent level to improve.

Under this rule, it would cost:

New Background: 3 dots

Size from 1 to 2: +2 dots

Size from 2 to 3: +4 dots (I'd recommend stopping here as this is a large building)

Size from 3 to 4: +6 dots 

Honestly, it gets a lot more complicated here.  Security is listed as just another dot that's specific to security.  In this case, that would make it:

Security 1 (total 4 to 5): +8 dots

Security 2 (total 5 to 6): +10 dots

Already just with a four dot size and 2 dot security, you're looking at way more than we have to invest.  The 1:1 point cost was for Freebie points at creation only.  @ArcaneDesperado Please tell me if I'm wrong.  Marcus would love to invest more in his Backgrounds.  hehe  And, I'm not trying to be a buzz-kill but I just had to redo, for a second time, ALL of my xp expenditures because I was on the same faulty logic of 1:1.