Basics

[Name should link to sheet] Flavinia "Vinnie" Calutio

Female Human, Andoran

Classes: Bard 9/Fighter 9

Alignment: Not Lawful, Not Evil.

Role: TBD

Officer: TBD

Appearance

A sharp heart shaped face, framed by red flowing hair that seems to be intentionally groomed to appear unkempt in a very specific way, considering it's general cleanliness. Flavinia keeps her face as polished as that of any noblewoman with an army of servants to care for it. Most of the time, her lips, red of course, flashes a slight mysterious smile, with joy, mischief and life dances in her eyes. At least when she happens to be in a good mood. There is confidence in every step, and a very distinct attitude of "Look at me! Pirate does not mean uncultivated".

Her garb is practical at the core, mostly, sturdy boots, the most robust trousers available at port and a loose-fitting white shirt. Belts and pouches to carry items easily accessible on her person, and then she added an outer layer to catch everyone's attention, she likes to prance around in a black longcoat and matching bicorn, all with golden details, buttons, shoulder pads, cuffs, hems. Belted together just above the waist. She usually wears a red handkerchief around the neck and with large golden earrings, or at least when she dresses up for port. Usually coat and hat goes away when working the ship, with her handkerchief getting her hair under control and her head shielded from the sun. Due to prestidigitation, her apparel is always immaculately clean and well groomed.

She does seem a little sophisticated, with a vocabulary and diction that would make her glide through the royal court without raising eyebrows, although the quips, opinions and comments that she often makes, in rather vivid detail, would likely make half the women there faint out of shock, but mostly because of the corsets that are in fashion (or so Vinnie would claim).

Personality

She is high spirited and sassy with a devil may care attitude and a way of behaving when out of danger suggesting that she might be reckless and foolhardy. Loves nothing more than to one-up others, and never shut up about if she can upstage men at things they didn’t think a “scrawny lass” could compete with. Likes to flirt, likes to lead men on to nowhere (and sometimes makes them wonder if she prefers girls), while she works as hard as the next sailor (or at least, gets as much work done as the next sailor, maybe a little bit more, tends to use magic though, so she probably doesn’t really work as hard), she somehow seems to have a an incurable appetite for stories and tall tales, having quite a few of those to tell herself, usually heavily exaggerated and embellished (all for dramatic appeal of course, no self-aggrandizing motives, no, no. Not at all, everything is true, as if a proper pirate would ever lie or make anything up as she goes.).

Background

"My name is Constance Flavinia Juventia....eh, nevermind, I just go by Flavinia, that is pronounced Fla-Vin-Ia, so most friends just go with Vinnie since I get rather vexed by anyone not getting it right, the rest? The rest I just made it so that if I ever were to get caught and sent to the gallows, adding an extra minute of reading it out by the herald in his somber monotone means one more minute for my real friends to come to the rescue, I'm optimistic like that, or maybe that's only something I say to make it sound less pompous. I mean, I did make up all those names, you know?"

Flavinia likes to claim that she was once the governor's daughter, kidnapped by pirates for ransom, and by the time her father gathered up the money, she had taken such a liking to a pirate's life that she ran away the day after returning to rejoin her newfound friends and onwards to the adventure. Anyone looking more closely finds no records of one Governor Marcellus Caluto at all, no Marcellus Caluto either, unless one happens to read some vert specific ancient chronicles and wonders if she simply took the name of a noble family whose line and the realm they once served crumbled to dust over a thousand years ago. If challenged, she will deflect with humor, or spin some other tale. No more true then the first.

"Well, the truth is boring"

The reality is that she was born Marjorie Sargent, daughter of lesser Andoran nobility and a cadet branch at that, her family estate is a day's ride by carriage from Queenstown, the lands are relatively modest in size, but with magical talent in the blood and a long tradition of arranging marriages to cousins displaying such aptitudes. Proximity to court, an aptitude for magic and being no rival to anyone of real power, Sargents have often been selected for various offices at court, the councilors that gets things done. They were also among the first to invest in ships for privateers and have grown rich as a result. And also imprinting many tales of grand adeventures at sea on young Marjorie, who started dreaming of an entirely different life. She had the best tutors, especially after the signs of her talents began to show. And in true Sargent fashion, she was supposed to marry the heir to the Sargent lands, a great honor of course, her father had expected to be the grey eminence overseeing the family, seeing that her husband to be was well...only one Sargent was willing to use the word "Inbred" among other characteristics that the rest would only use about Iverinians, and she was 12 at the time, which meant that her escape happened to be years in the planning.

Edited by Havelock (see edit history)

Breakdown:

19 Character points.

Bard spellcasting: 10: 9+1 banked for next level access.

Extra point buy: 4 (Tentatively)

Leaves 5 points, possibly 2 for LA buyoff of Aasimar or something, 3 for fancy skill focus?

So 45 point buy.

Hmm, let's go human fighter/bard to make it simple.

STR 11-3

DEX 16-6

CON 16-6

WIS 10-2

INT 14-6

CHA 18-16

=45

+2 to all ability scores (+1 per 4 levels)

All saves good, +6. BAB +11 HD 108+9x(CON+other)

Contacts: 4+CHA Because Bard.

Defense bonus=+9

Feats: 10 (1 per level+human)+6 combat feats (fighter)

+3 Will (Bravery from Fighter)

Skills 12x(10+1+INT)

Feats "a la carte":

Fighter:

Two-Weapon Fighting: Two-Weapon Defence, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Weapon Focus: Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization. The restriction “fighter level 4*n” is replaced by “BAB 5*n”

Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative.

Candidates for last two: Combat Reflexes, Quick Draw, Improved Critical, Improved Toughness.

General candidates (+whatever from above list):

Song of the Heart (ECS)* Dragonfire Inspiration (DM)* Melodic Casting, Lyric Spell, Extra Music, Skill Focus, Haunting Meody (ECS)*, Martial Stance (ToB)*, Martial Study (ToB)*, Song of the White Raven (ToB)*, Snowflake Wardance, Lingering Song, [Domain Devotion Feat(s)]

*From other places than approved sources, so may be unavailable.

Deities she might like: Olidammara, Celestian, Lirr,

Shopping list:

2x crystal echoblades (If they can be made in dagger form) 2x4302=8604 or 2x +1 Daggers at 4604 total.

Making them +2 weapons->+12k (rather a lot).

Wands of CLW+Lesser Vigor, 1500

Handy Haversack 2000

Cloak of Cha+2 4000, +4 is another 12k (rather a lot).

Vest of resistance +1 1000, +2 is another 3k.

Badge of Valor 1200 (throw on Nat Armor +1 for 2k?)

RoP+1 2k (+6k for +2 is expensive).

Edited by Havelock (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'l just pull out.

Too much stuff left to do, hard to conjure up the will to get it done before the deadline. And I'm starting in a new job in April which likely will eat into the time and energy I otherwise would have to help lift the game off the ground.