Chapter One Discussion(s)

AberrantForm

Glad to hear you're feeling better! 'tis the season of Nurgle it seams; something keeps getting passed around ad nauseam at my work place, though in my case it seems to end up as a perpetual low grade crud rather than knocking me out outright.

Heyo, technical question. So I noticed that everything in the rp is viewable to anyone, except for the IC and Maps/Locations tabs. The only difference I see on those, is that I had set them as "show for Cirlot". So now I understand that by doing so, it made that material only viewable to you. I can't figure out how to undue that and make them viewable to all; any suggestions?

I think you need to go to the first post in the private thread and click the elipsis in the upper right hand corner and then select "edit"

Example.png.82be7ef0e2f167facb4ad6562bc3f97d.png

That should bring up the topic master menu and the view controls are at the bottom. I believe you should be able to remove specific users from the drop down which would then open it to everyone?

ExampleII.png.d8bcbe5386bca220b20d9de793415121.png

Heh - She's for the Castle & Crusades game I'm in. She's . . . interesting. It was a collaborative world building exercise and her corner of the world is kinda wild. A fallen kingdom ruled over by a benign undead lich-queen who lets adventurers in to delve the ruins, with smallfolk caravans the only official authorized traders and guides . . . . I'll probably end up stealing what I wrote for her and run the setting in Shadowdark or something similar at some point. The game itself is good but dying a slow death due to the GM vanishing pretty regularly. 😑

Anyway, I think I'm generally good for a scene change - not quite sure where Kit's going to next: I think he needs to nail down his living arrangements at the office and possibly show the flag at his properties, but I think you had an order/agenda for this intro section, and I don't want to drag you into giving Kit a walking tour of ikekburo.

Sounds like a cool setting, bummer on it's slow demise.

Scene change it is! There is an agenda; expose Kit to the fundamental goings-on of the Tokyo underworld. To that end, things are going apace. There is one more person I plan on you to meet, but it will trigger at a particular moment. The current mode is generally sandbox, so whatever you feel kit would do, or whoever you think he would seek to engage with, is what I'm rolling with. I'll leave my next post in such a state for you to determine your next step.

So Kit's not gonna ignore a text from Taro, so he'll be heading that way - if Taro indicates the car would be needful Kit will double back for it, otherwise he'll walk (I think I google mapped the shrines right, which is where the 10 minute walk came from). Would have written more of the walk but wanted to leave the door open for Taro respond to Kit's text.

Apologies for the delayed response, Easter weekend involved back to back family gatherings (both of which I hosted). Regarding Taro's shrine, i'm basing it LOOSELY off a RL location, but heavy-tailored for the Ko Shi connection. 10 minute walk is about right.

No worries! 'Sides I remember when we were both cautioning that posting might be slow back when we were originally talking via PM 😅 Here's hoping Easter and the associated events were good! Sympathies/congrats for the hosting gig - I don't get the chance to host family much but in my local friend group I'm one of the normal organizers so between weekly game nights and monthly events I get it. It's fun but also a lot of work!

Gamewise, it occurs I just realized I'm not sure if Taro is aware of Kit's other ties - like, does he know about Kyoko? Seems like Kit might compartmentalize if he could but Taro also seems . . . worldly, for a priest, so it could go either way.

It was great, but yes, a lotta work. My house is kinda whack (cheap land lord lol), but it is somewhat spacious and conveniently situated so we end up hosting a lot of holidays. Tis a blessing of loving gatherings and a curse of many chores.

Hmm, it is up to you. On one hand, Taro might not be the sort to pry into your business or look into the people you associate with. On the other hand, you've gotten drunk with him aplenty, so who knows what you may have let slip or jabbered about.

Dangit, apologies - I had a half formed notion for the post (Kit seems more confrontational with Aki, and I'm not sure if he's mustering up this reserve out of obedience or defiance) but game night ran long and my brain has gone on walkabout. I'll try and scrape something together coherent tomorrow.

I understand! No worries, I GUESS I'll just have to watch an extra episode or two of Supernatural dag-nabit.

I'm trying to hone in on the different personality approaches between Rin's personas. That includes style when it comes to instruction/mentoring. I felt that Aki would have a very demanding/challenge yourself/don't disappoint me style. Mayhaps she meant what she said about "making you do it". Or maybe she merely sought to "up the stakes".

Might not be perfectly in character but dang it, if it popped up in my head and I couldn't shake it then it ends up inflicted on someone else.

I like the angle on the persona and it fits for Aki - I spun it a bit into her manipulations serving as a physical locus for Kit to focus on to help control the flow of vitae.  I figure she might be more direct/aggressive but she's no less smart than Rin so the sort of layered manipulation by force would fit?

Fair warning I might be offline for a short bit - my laptop is having fan issues so chances are it's going into the shop as soon as I can confirm they have the parts. Hopefully it's a simple swap but no telling 'til someone can look at it.