Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 1

Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

Caltrix required a few moments to adjust to events.

It made a sort of sense, after all. The ramshackle street; the warehouses; the lack of traffic -- not in keeping with an active occult curio shoppe in the vicinity. Still, the halfling had had little traffic in her life with the ars magica. Of course, magic and its evidences were all about ... pseudodragons and imps flew over the city, after all ... but that was a far cry from having directly experienced a spell or magical effect.

Collecting her wits, though, she introduced herself to Lira, and the rest of the group who might have missed her greeting to Carthen, as Caltrix, ... the ... the Locksmith.

She had observed carefully on whom Zellara's gaze had fallen when each card was named. The Esoteric One, as she'd thought of him, Ionacu and his raven, seemed to be The Inquisitor amongst them. The little rogue suppressed the wariness that arose at the epithet: even 'locksmith' could be viewed ambiguously, after all, she reflected.

She then gave those assembled a précis version of her background touching on:

• Lamm's embezzling of funds from The Gamester's Roll, a gambling den run by the Cerulean Society.
  • That she and Lollifar had discovered this, but were in turn set-up by Lamm to take the blame (and the fall).
  • That Lollifar* was taken captive (whereabouts and fate unknown) whilst she had been chased up into the Shingles.
  • Leaves the fate of Conso ambiguous -- well, other than that he had made a gruesome mess on the street after his fall. Her face reflects a certain grim satisfaction when relating this.
  • That she'd been living by street performing** (acrobatics and card tricks) whilst trying to evade the Cerulean Society until such time as she could make her case for innocence.
  • And, of course, that she had been keeping her eyes and ears open for word of Lamm or one of his minions.

I can use a blade, though I'm not much of a warrior, she continued. I can find my way around quietly and usually quick to spot things out of place; am good with ... er ... devices ... and know my way around a circus and gambling games.

She concluded after this brief monologue.

Hopefully, she thought, I've made it clear what I can offer to a group effort to rid the world of Gaedren Lamm - and why - without giving away too much information.

The little halfling-with-more-than-a-dash-of-gnome was a happy-go-lucky sort of personality. Her nature was often at odds with what was seemingly becoming her more clandestine professional calling. Fate would reveal, she supposed. In any case, the Game was to be enjoyed.

Beware the hidden door, for behind it lies both treasure and peril.

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

* I updated App to define Lollifar as a human woman, in her early 30's. She had been a croupier at the Gamester's Roll who worked along with Caltrix. The two had shared a flat.

** Not Performance, as in the PF2e Skill. Entertainment might be a better non-Game term.

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

It made a sort of sense, after all. The ramshackle street; the warehouses; the lack of traffic -- not in keeping with an active occult curio shoppe in the vicinity. Still, the halfling had had little traffic in her life with the ars magica. Of course, magic and its evidences were all about ... pseudodragons and imps flew over the city, after all ... but that was a far cry from having directly experienced a spell or magical effect.

Collecting her wits, though, she introduced herself to Lira, and the rest of the group who might have missed her greeting to Carthen, as Caltrix, ... the ... the Locksmith.

She had observed carefully on whom Zellara's gaze had fallen when each card was named. The Esoteric One, as she'd thought of him, Ionacu and his raven, seemed to be The Inquisitor amongst them. The little rogue suppressed the wariness that arose at the epithet: even 'locksmith' could be viewed ambiguously, after all, she reflected.

• Lamm's embezzling of funds from The Gamester's Roll, a gambling den run by the Cerulean Society.
  • That she and Lollifar had discovered this, but were in turn set-up by Lamm to take the blame (and the fall).
  • That Lollifar was taken captive (whereabouts and fate unknown) whilst she had been chased up into the Shingles.
  • Leaves the fate of Conso ambiguous -- well, other than that he had made a gruesome mess on the street after his fall. Her face reflects a certain grim satisfaction when relating this.
  • That she'd been living by street performing* (acrobatics and card tricks) whilst trying to evade the Cerulean Society until such time as she could make her case for innocence.
  • And, of course, that she had been keeping her eyes and ears open for word of Lamm or one of his minions.

I can use a blade, though I'm not much of a warrior, she continued. I can find my way around quietly and usually quick to spot things out of place; am good with ... er ... devices ... and know my way around a circus and gambling games.

Hopefully, she thought, I've made it clear what I can offer to a group effort to rid the world of Gaedren Lamm - and why - without giving away too much information.

The little halfling-with-more-than-a-dash-of-gnome was a happy-go-lucky sort of personality. Her nature was often at odds with what was seemingly becoming her more clandestine professional calling. Fate would reveal, she supposed. In any case, the Game was to be enjoyed.

OOC

* Not Performance, as in the PF2e Skill. Entertainment might be a better non-Game term.

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

Collecting her wits, though, she introduced herself to Lira, and the rest of the group who might have missed her introduction to Carthen, as Caltrix, ... the ... the Locksmith.

• That Lollifar was taken captive (whereabouts and fate unknown) whilst she had been chased up into the Shingles.
  • That she'd been living by street performing* (acrobatics and card tricks) whilst trying to evade the Cerulean Society until such time as she could make her case for innocence.

OOC

* Not Performance, as in the PF2e Skill. Entertainment might be a better non-Game term.

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

Collecting her wits, though, she introduced herself to Lira, and the rest of the group who might have missed her introduction to Carthen, as Caltrix, ... the ... the Locksmith.

• That she'd been living by street performing (acrobatics and card tricks) whilst trying to evade the Cerulean Society until such time as she could make her case for innocence.

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

Collecting her wits, though, she introduced herself to Lira, and the rest of the group who might have missed her introduction to Carthen as Caltrix, ... the ... the Locksmith. She had observed carefully on whom Zellara's gaze had fallen when each card was named.

• That she'd been living by street performing (acrobatics and card tricks) whilst trying to evade the Cerulean Society until such time as she could make her case for innocence.

OOC

ACTIONS