Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

Some thoughts (of mine) from the Discord over to here:

• I'm not sanguine on 'sneaking.' Granted, it is raining and overcast, but it is daylight and folks are active. We can't Follow the Expert so the entire party using Avoid Notice means x7 stealth checks (assuming there is someone to notice) nor does anyone have Quiet Allies feat (yet). Without cover or concealment to approach (as I was hoping that the warehouse hop-down might provide), it seems a more "we have every reason to be here to do business" might be more 'stealthy' than actually sneaking

What if, say, we look for some things in the warehouse that we could grab to make it SEEM that we were a group arriving with goods? Get THEM to come out to see versus us having to go in (obviously, we'll need to get inside at some point, but if we can take a few thugs out in the open with a bit of 'surprise,' it might make the subsequent searching easier)?

• Another possibility might be a distraction by fire? I'm concerned that setting fire to the larger vessel might be problematic or get out of hand, but perhaps setting fire to the skiff might bring out some of the ruffians from within that we could ambush?

This said, should the group prefer to make a sneak/Avoid Notice approach to the building proper, Caltrix will do her part.

Vedast

Vedast

Some thoughts (of mine) from the Discord over to here:

• I'm not sanguine on 'sneaking.' Granted, it is raining and overcast, but it is daylight and folks are active. We can't Follow the Expert so the entire party using Avoid Notice means x7 stealth checks (assuming there is someone to notice) nor does anyone have Quiet Allies feat (yet). Without cover or concealment to approach (as I was hoping that the warehouse hop-down might provide), it seems a more "we have every reason to be here to do business" might be more 'stealthy' than actually sneaking

What if, say, we look for some things in the warehouse that we could grab to make it SEEM that we were a group arriving with goods? Get THEM to come out to see versus us having to go in (obviously, we'll need to get inside at some point, but if we can take a few thugs out in the open with a bit of 'surprise,' it might make the subsequent searching easier)?

• Another possibility might be a distraction by fire? I'm concerned that setting fire to the larger vessel might be problematic or get out of hand, but perhaps setting fire to the skiff might bring out some of the ruffians from within that we could ambush?

This said, should the group prefer to make a stealthy approach to the building proper, Caltrix will do her part.