Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

We probably run the risk of decision paralysis.

Personally, I don't think the notion of sending someone "inside" during a "distraction" will go well: we're not here to pilfer the desk or safe (I don't think). Ostensibly, we're after one guy, Lamm, and those who would protect/assist him, and, whatever due respect for the Law we might otherwise have, I don't think we're here to bring Lamm before a no-bail magistrate.

All this to say that I think we should be expecting the deception to bring out one or two of the operatives who we then simply attack, or given an ultimatum (and then attack) or ...

I think the distracting group needs to be large enough to fight ... either out front or trying to force its way inside. Maybe four?

I like the idea of two-three on the roof, either to provide cover and/or to interdict anyone fleeing out the back. Valerica suggested that we rig a grappling hook so that we can descend down to support. Caltrix has one.

I (via Caltrix) am still taken with dealing with that skiff, but perhaps I exaggerate (imagine) its importance. I'd like to try to disable it, but it isn't something I consider critical.

=========

All this said, if folks are more in favor of trying to sneak or break into the rear whilst the frontal distraction happens, I'll support that. I guess my feeling is that we're at more of an advantage fighting outside, rather than inside a structure that the enemy knows and may well have booby-trapped.

Or any other ideas. But I suspect we need to make a decision and go.

Vedast

Vedast

We probably run the risk of decision paralysis.

Personally, I don't think the notion of sending someone "inside" during a "distraction" will go well: we're not here to pilfer the desk or safe (I don't think). Ostensibly, we're after one guy, Lamm, and those who would protect/assist him, and, whatever due respect for the Law we might otherwise have, I don't think we're here to bring Lamm before a no-bail magistrate.

All this to say that I think we should be expecting the deception to bring out one or two of the operatives who we then simply attack, or given an ultimatum (and then attack) or ...

I think the distracting group needs to be large enough to fight ... either out front or trying to force its way inside. Maybe four?

I like the idea of two-three on the roof, either to provide cover and/or to interdict anyone fleeing out the back. Valerica suggested that we rig a grappling hook so that we can descend down to support. Caltrix has one.

I (via Caltrix) am still taken with dealing with that skiff, but perhaps I exaggerate (imagine) its importance. I'd like to try to disable it, but it isn't something I consider critical.

=========

All this said, if folks are more in favor of trying to sneak or break into the rear whilst the frontal distraction happens, I'll support that.

Or any other ideas. But I suspect we need to make a decision and go.