HP 48/48

HD 8/8d6

1st 4/4

2nd 3/3

3rd 2/2

4th 2/2

Condition Normal

Forum Sheet

"I'd heard of the disturbance at Dreykun's Ferry, but I didn't realize..." Barris starts, looking at Calar with surprise. "The full story didn't make it all the way out to the town I was in at the time, but to put it another way, the gist of the story certainly did. I even heard people discussing it in the tavern."

Hoping to save Jacoby, Callie, and the rest of the group a second fumble, Barris keeps up his momentum as the conversation moves forward. "A story, is it..." He thinks for a few moments, resting a hand on the book in the sling around his shoulder. "I could read out some finance records from the capital. Guaranteed to make the trip pass in a flash, as I'm sure it'll put you all straight to sleep." He chuckles to himself, but continues. "Well, one thing that comes to mind - ah, and a cautionary tale at that. If you ever have occasion to do business in Alondale, stay away from a trading house called the Ruby Road. For a long time now they've been engaged in price fixing scams, especially on leather goods. Some could argue that's just the privilege afforded by being a large and successful trading house, but in fact it's rooted in exploitation of purchase points and strong-arming the suppliers of hides, which goes beyond simple economics of wholesaling into..." He trails off, looking around, and clears his throat. "In any case, Alondale as a whole is quite under the trading house's thumb and their reach is extensive. And, as it turns out, they have stringent objections to people attempting to disrupt their dirty business, which is why there are warrants for my arrest out across much of the western part of the country." He says this last part with a certain amount of pride, sitting up on the bench and looking rather pleased.

RedSavant

RedSavant

https://i.imgur.com/tyj5JlF.png

Barris Astelan
Human Scribe 8

AC 18

HP 48/48

HD 8/8d6

1st 4/4

2nd 3/3

3rd 2/2

4th 2/2

Condition Normal

Forum Sheet

"I'd heard of the disturbance at Dreykun's Ferry, but I didn't realize..." Barris starts, looking at Calar with surprise. "The full story didn't make it all the way out to the town I was in at the time, but to put it another way, the gist of the story certainly did. I even heard people discussing it in the tavern."

Hoping to save Jacoby, Callie, and the rest of the group a second fumble, Barris keeps up his momentum as the conversation moves forward. "A story, is it..." He thinks for a few moments, resting a hand on the book in the sling around his shoulder. "I could read out some finance records from the capital. Guaranteed to make the trip pass in a flash, as I'm sure it'll put you all straight to sleep." He chuckles to himself, but continues. "Well, one thing that comes to mind - ah, and a cautionary tale at that. If you ever have occasion to do business in Alondale, stay away from a trading house called the Ruby Road. For a long time now they've been engaged in price fixing scams, especially on leather goods. Some could argue that's just the privilege afforded by being a large and successful trading house, but in fact it's rooted in exploitation of purchase points and strong-arming the suppliers of hides, which goes beyond simple economics of wholesaling into..." He trails off, looking around, and clears his throat. "In any case, Alondale as a whole is quite under the trading house's thumb and their reach is extensive, which is why there are warrants for my arrest out across much of the western part of the country." He says this last part with a certain amount of pride, sitting up on the bench and looking rather pleased.