Edit History

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

8 hours ago, RagallachMC said:
  1. I can take a Shortbow +1 for my uncommon item? Does that count against the starting gold?
  2. I paid for a double sized rowboat (50gp for a standard, so I doubled it to 100gp), But I think he should have something a bit bigger that could sail. a keelboat is 3000gp in the DM's guide, but that's like a full on ship. What do you think about 300gp for a 20', single mast sailing boat. It would have a small cabin and a couple storage lockers. Sound fair?
  1. Your starting equipment at 5 gives you one uncommon, non-consumable magic item. You may purchase consumable magic items with the 500 gp you start with, but not non-consumables. If you’d like your uncommon, non-consumable magic item to be a +1 shortbow, that’s fine with me. If you already have an uncommon, non-consumable magic item chosen, then you cannot purchase another one.

2. Alright, just to save you a bunch of starting gold that can better be used elsewhere, you’re not going to have any real opportunity to use that boat in this campaign. There is ONE small hand-waved mention of the characters taking a boat to a location, but it’s implied that they’re ferried there and dropped off along with a whole lot of other people—so your 300 gp small boat wouldn’t be big enough, anyway.

• Maybe the reason your smuggler has all that extra gold to start with is because he sold his smuggling boat?

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

8 hours ago, RagallachMC said:
  1. I can take a Shortbow +1 for my uncommon item? Does that count against the starting gold?
  2. I paid for a double sized rowboat (50gp for a standard, so I doubled it to 100gp), But I think he should have something a bit bigger that could sail. a keelboat is 3000gp in the DM's guide, but that's like a full on ship. What do you think about 300gp for a 20', single mast sailing boat. It would have a small cabin and a couple storage lockers. Sound fair?
  1. Your starting equipment at 5 gives you one uncommon, non-consumable magic item. You may purchase consumable magic items with the 500 gp you start with, but not non-consumables. If you’d like your uncommon, non-consumable magic item to be a +1 shortbow, that’s fine with me. If you already have an uncommon, non-consumable magic item chosen, then you cannot purchase another one.

2. Alright, just to save you a bunch of starting gold that can better be used elsewhere, you’re not going to have any real opportunity to use that boat in this campaign. There is ONE small hand-waved mention of the characters taking a boat to a location, but it’s implied that they’re ferried there and dropped off along with a whole lot of other people—so your 300 gp small boat wouldn’t be big enough, anyway.