Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

An entirely different question. I'm looking at the 6. Inventory in Applications, and you may color me confused. Some parts are pretty clear, but the prices elude me. For example, say I want a scroll for a 1st level spell. The price is (1d6+1)x5gp. Can I decide I want to look at a specific scroll (say, Sleep), roll the price, and then decide if I want to buy it or not? And if I don't, can I roll again for a different scroll (say, Shield)? Or do I have to buy a scroll if I roll for its price?

This becomes particularly problematic when it comes to high-level scrolls. 1d6*50gp gives a variance between 50gp and 300gp. I'll gladly give 50gp for a level 3 spell, but 300gp is quite expensive for a level 2 spell.

Ayeba

Ayeba

An entirely different question. I'm looking at the 6. Inventory in Applications, and you may color me confused. Some parts are pretty clear, but the prices elude me. For example, say I want a scroll for a 1st level spell. The price is (1d6+1)x5gp. Can I decide I want to look at a specific scroll (say, Sleep), roll the price, and then decide if I want to buy it or not? And if I don't, can I roll again for a different scroll (say, Shield)? Or do I have to buy a scroll of I roll for its price?

This becomes particularly problematic when it comes to high-level scrolls. 1d6*50gp gives a variance between 50gp and 300gp. I'll gladly give 50gp for a level 3 spell, but 300gp is quite expensive for a level 2 spell.