Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

More questions from yours truly as I am piecing together a character.

1. I want to take a background from Strixhaven. Can that be refluffed as
a. A subdivision of one the mage orders. Most likely (but not necessarily) the Order of the Red Robes?
b. A subdivision of the Mages of High Sorcery, but not directly under one of the three big orders. Still under the jurisdiction of the Conclave, though.
c. A small mage division that is unconnected to the Mages of High Sorcery, if such a thing exists.
d. A mentorship under a senior (or perhaps renegade) mage from one of the orders, which for reasons do not see the need to bring his/her student into their order itself?
If none of the alternatives work, I may have to drop that background and take the Mage of High Sorcery background instead.

2. In your setting, how loud do verbal components have to be? Are we talking whispering, normal dialogue volume, or does it cause the voice to be reverberating or otherwise be extremely easy to pick out for anyone even remotely awake?

3. Flying races are not allowed. What about Aasimar with Radiant Soul? Flight 1/day for 1 minute.

4. How common is it that Gods in this setting contact mortals more or less directly? Are we talking "yeah, that happens from time to time", or "You must either be joking, or you're a prophet"?

5. Are goblins hunted on sight in this setting, or just if they go out and do stuff like plunder, steal, kidnap or kill? 

On 3/15/2023 at 12:34 PM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Loyalties. You are either being courted by or are a recent initiate of a faction, an organization on the continent of Ansalon for numerous purposes. See below for faction information. Why did you join the Faction? Who acted as your mentor?

6. I can't find the factions writeup that you're referring to. I assume that the Mages of High Sorcery, or more specifically the three orders are part of them.

Ayeba

Ayeba

a. A subdivision of one the mage orders. Most likely (but not necessarily) the Order of the Red Robes?
b. A subdivision of the Mages of High Sorcery, but not directly under one of the three big orders. Still under the jurisdiction of the Conclave, though.
c. A small mage division that is unconnected to the Mages of High Sorcery, if such a thing exists.
d. A mentorship under a senior (or perhaps renegade) mage from one of the orders, which for reasons do not see the need to bring his/her student into their order itself?
If none of the alternatives work, I may have to drop that background and take the Mage of High Sorcery background instead.

2. In your setting, how loud do verbal components have to be? Are we talking whispering, normal dialogue volume, or does it cause the voice to be reverberating or otherwise be extremely easy to pick out for anyone even remotely awake?

3. Flying races are not allowed. What about Aasimar with Radiant Soul? Flight 1/day for 1 minute.

4. How common is it that Gods in this setting contact mortals more or less directly? Are we talking "yeah, that happens from time to time", or "You must either be joking, or you're a prophet"?

5. Are goblins hunted on sight in this setting, or just if they go out and do stuff like plunder, steal, kidnap or kill?

Ayeba

Ayeba