Edit History

morgan_

morgan_

Mage of High Sorcery Background

Prerequisite: Dragonlance Campaign
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Languages: Two of your choice (Elvish, Gnomish)
Equipment: A bottle of colored ink, an ink pen, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

Feature: Initiate of High Sorcery

You gain the Initiate of High Sorcery feat.

In addition, the Mages of High Sorcery provide you with free, modest lodging and food indefinitely at any occupied Tower of High Sorcery and for one night at the home of an organization member.

Building a Mage of High Sorcery Character

Mages of High Sorcery are typically sorcerers, warlocks, or wizards and might have any subclass. Spellcasters who gain their magic through devotion are less likely to be welcomed among the traditionalist mages. Nevertheless, the Mages of High Sorcery are shrewd, and they rarely let unique opportunities or individuals pass them by. Even members of martial classes who train in magic might find a rare place among the group’s three orders.

Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket. (A spellbook emblazoned with the triple moon symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery)

Source: DSotDQ, page 30

Feature

Personality Trait
I judge people by their actions, not their words.
If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.

Ideal
Self-Improvement. The goal of a life of study is the betterment of others. (Any)
Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good)

Bond
I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw
I'm a sucker for a pretty face; it's very easy to win my trust.

morgan_

morgan_

Mage of High Sorcery Background

Prerequisite: Dragonlance Campaign
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Languages: Two of your choice (Elvish, Gnomish)
Equipment: A bottle of colored ink, an ink pen, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

Feature: Initiate of High Sorcery

You gain the Initiate of High Sorcery feat.

In addition, the Mages of High Sorcery provide you with free, modest lodging and food indefinitely at any occupied Tower of High Sorcery and for one night at the home of an organization member.

Building a Mage of High Sorcery Character

Mages of High Sorcery are typically sorcerers, warlocks, or wizards and might have any subclass. Spellcasters who gain their magic through devotion are less likely to be welcomed among the traditionalist mages. Nevertheless, the Mages of High Sorcery are shrewd, and they rarely let unique opportunities or individuals pass them by. Even members of martial classes who train in magic might find a rare place among the group’s three orders.

Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket. (A spellbook emblazoned with the triple moon symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery)

Source: DSotDQ, page 30