Ghongh's Arrival

Ghongh ignored the remark about his accommodation until Gudo mentioned sleeping, at which Ghongh was puzzled after all he normally meditated right about where Gudo was standing. "um.. could you describe what you need for sleep? If it's going to be a long journey I'm guessing you will need something to sleep."  

At finally getting a formal greeting Ghongh smiled and offered his name in return. Waiting for the description of the "bed" before doing his best to manifest one for the patrolman.

After making something for the patrolman to be more comfortable Ghongh would take the helm and in his native tongue send the ship on it's way all while tetsu rested on his head.

Gudo scans the ship's interior again. "Well, really, I can sleep on my back pretty decently so long as I don't roll over too much. I'd at least need a blanket to keep warm."

After seeing Ghongh's Matter Creation on display, he's initially shocked but seems to roll with it.

"...So, like, did you pull that out of thin air or what? Because, I mean, if you're up for it, there's something else I had in mind."

He reaches into his bag and pulls out a magazine, opening to a bookmarked page. He shows it to Ghongh, revealing the sales profile of an oblong-shaped cushion with an indentation in the middle.

"Because I've been saving up for this and, like, it would save me a lot of time and money if you could just whip this up."

While they're discussing this, the travel time ticks by. Eventually, both Ghongh's ship and Gudo's computer indicate that they've arrived. This catches Gudo by surprise.

"Huh? Why'd we stop? Did you enter the coordinates in wrong? There's no way we've already arrived."

Checking his computer, he finds that it states them to be positioned near Earth's orbit.

"Oh great, this thing must be on the fritz too. Now we'll have to stop until I get this thing fixed and that's just gonna make this whole trip take longer." He gives an exasperated sigh before walking to the port window. "Well, let's see where we are. Hopefully, it's a habitable planet in case we need to go down for parts or anything."

Stepping up to the window, and likely needing a boost, he'd take a look at the little blue planet before them.

"Well, it's got water, so that's a good sign...wait a minute," he starts working through his computer again, accessing the info on Earth and getting a picture to confirm it. He does a double-take, realizing that they match.

"W-wait, what?! But that's impossible!? We were over 20 Krawls away! We couldn't have gotten there in...five minutes," he says in shock after checking the elapsed travel time on the map system.

(Lore Point: A Krawl is a unit of measurement used by at least the Galactic Patrol if not other forces in space. 1 Krawl is equal to 1 Million Kilometers.)

He's stunned at this development, starting to worry if he's gotten in over his head by accompanying Ghongh; between the matter creation and the ship moving at 1/8th the speed of light. He slowly turns to Ghongh, unsure of how to proceed at first.

"...Heheh, well, looks like we've arrived," he says with an awkward laugh. "So...guess the next step is figuring out where to land?"

He sets to working on his mobile computer some more, getting closer range maps of Earth's topography.

"Okay, there's the major population centers. Just gotta avoid those...hmm, a lot of open space. Should be easy to touch down without being noticed. 'Course, then we gotta figure out how to hide this thing."

After a few seconds, he approaches Ghongh while holding up the computer. "Alright, get us here. These mountains should be remote enough to land and have spots to hide your ship in."

Ghongh enjoys the short chat and does his best to make the cushion for his guest, at the doubt of the arrival Ghongh let's it play out without interrupting thinking maybe gudo just expected his people to not be capable of making an efficient craft. But as gudo confirms and accepts the reality of their location Ghongh chimes in with "this ship was made the same as those, but by an entire group of my people." his goal was to reassure gudo of the craftsmanship of the vehicle they were in, but Ghongh couldn't tell if it put the small aliens mind at ease or not.

He would set the ship to move over the location specified and have them stay afloat for a short time and observe the airspace between them and the location to make sure not to collide with any native vehicles of any kind before landing the ship.

Posted (edited)

Ghongh's comment only left Gudo with more questions, but he put those in the back of his mind for now.

Descending into the planet's atmosphere, at much slower and more controlled speeds this time, laid the breadth of the surface out before Ghongh's eyes. It was picturesque from so far away, with much more variety than Namek. Patches of green, brown, white, and a vast pool of blue surrounding it all. As Ghongh guided the ship as Gudo directed, a mountain range would come into view.

"Yeah, that's it. Down there," Gudo says, pointing out the window. "That's perfect. Nobody for miles and plenty of spots to hide in," he says with a confident nod.

The ship glided effortlessly into the rocky range, weaving around peaks and between cliffs like the breeze. There was certainly plenty of parking up here, only question was to find a spot he liked.

"Hey, how 'bout there," Gudo pointed out to a narrow valley shielded by stepped cliffs. "Bet nobody would find us in there...'course, then we'd have to figure out how to get out..." He rubbed his chin in thought.

Edited by Lord_Rednevac (see edit history)

"what do you mean we will have to figure out how to get out?" Ghongh asked innocently as he parked the ship in the primo hidden parking. "I've been meaning to ask, how are you getting back to the station?" he asks with a smile as he begins to gather his things to depart the ship.

The ship set down so softly one would barely notice it wasn't flying anymore. From beyond the windows, Ghongh could see the cliffs of the protective valley rising around him. Gudo perked up at Ghongh's question.

"Oh, yeah, sure, let me just lead you to this underdeveloped planet and leave you completely unattended," Gudo said sarcastically before getting back to business. "Here's the deal, pal. You're here to look for somebody, I'm gonna help you find them, then you leave and take me back to my station. Starting right now, I'm your chaperone and foremost expert on this planet. You want to blend in and not draw undue attention to yourself here, then we've got to work together. Got it?"

As they were leaving the ship, he had a devious thought to himself. And once you find the other Namekian on this rock, I can bust the both of you for breaking galactic law by hiding on a protected world.

Once outside, he'd look high and scan the horizon, observing the valley and cliffs surrounding them.

"As for getting out, looks like we're in for a hike. Guess that's the price you pay for security."

Ghongh looks at the patrolman and mentally shrugs to himself. "we will be here a while then... hope you don't mind overtime." Ghongh was attempting a joke.

Leaving most of his belongings on the ship and did his best to obscure its look as to not draw attention. Then looking at the sky he spoke up before they started trudging up the cliffs. "I think I need to scout ahead just to be sure we are not going to stumble on a small group of the indigenous people." Without waiting for a response Ghongh summons some of his ki and gently lifts into the air, flying low up the cliffsides to peer over and down before they walked the whole way.

Edited by lasthope (see edit history)

Gudo scanned the horizon as Ghongh spoke. "Yeah, I guess we got a lot of ground to cover...hang on, do you even know where this guy is?" It finally dawned on him that Ghongh a stranger to this world and the cosmos at large, didn't know where he was going. As he turned to address him he noticed the young Namekian take off towards the sky. God-smacked, he stared in shock before coming to his senses.

"Hey, get back here! Earthlings don't fly! ...At least take me with you," he called frantically, starting to run behind him as fast as his stumpy legs could carry him.

Ghongh honestly was happy to finally be able to stretch out, he was not ready to play taxi and instead made his low sweep to scout the area outside the valley the ship had been landed in.

"it will be faster if I just go and check, be right back." Ghongh was slightly taken aback at the thought that a race couldn't fly, how did they get around?

[Should make some sort of roll to check the surrounding area?]

From bellow, Gudo waves his arms widely at Ghongh in a vain attempt to get the Namekian to land. He watches him turn into a green dot against the blue sky and just stares. "Oh no...Oh this is bad." Stuck on Earth with his only means of transportation seemingly ditching him, he started to regret his decision.

Ghongh, meanwhile, was getting a beautiful birds-eye view of the land below. An arid mesa stretched out before him, giving way to wide, grassy plain. The air was cool but dry; breathable, thankfully, but different from Namek. Before him was a wide swatch of green lowland and behind him the low rolling mountains. It seemed pleasant and inviting...so far, at least.

One thing caught his eye. It was hard to entirely understand from his position, but he saw a long stretch of dark-colored structure snaking across the ground below. It didn't look naturally occurring, at least he didn't think so. Maybe that could lead somewhere?

Ghongh took in his surroundings with joy, it had been too long since he was able to just move... after a few minutes of "scouting" he doubled back keeping landmarks in mind and any trails he saw that should make traveling easier.

He flies back to Gudo oblivious to the mounting panic he caused by leaving the patrolman, after all... he was the one with all the experience, surely gudo knew how to handle himself on an alien planet.

"found a few easy looking paths, but no signs of any earthlings. You ready to head out or?" Ghongh asks before landing.

He'd find Gudo not far from where he left him. The stocky little grub had sprinted a short distance and climbed up a short cliff that was as tall as his waist. He had stopped for the moment in a mix of catching his breath and starting to hyperventilate. Once he heard Ghongh's voice he looked up from his doubled-over position and straightened himself up and cleared his throat to try and regain composure.

"Ahem, y-yeah, good work. I'm done testing the limits of this planet's gravity. Not sure if you heard me once you took off but be careful showing off any extraordinary abilities you got. Our records show most Earthlings don't do stuff like that so you'll make it too obvious that you're not from around here."

He paused, looking up at Ghongh and taking in the full scale of the Namekian.

"...Come to think of it, we're probably going to need disguises too. Something to help us blend in and not draw attention. 'Course, we don't have any Earth money to get clothes or anything," he starts thinking aloud and tapping a foot contemplatively. Then, he gets an idea.

"Say, you don't think that whole Make-Stuff Beam you used could make clothes, could it?"

"clothes, accessories pretty much anything mondane.. it would take more of my people to make something like the ship though." he says not boasting, just matter of factly. He sits down landing beside his patrolman friend.

"so, where do we go from here? I have more goals than just speaking with my... cousin of sorts. Ill probably be here for a very long time and thats if i find him quickly." Ghongh admits hinting at how long the patrolman may be away from his post, wondering if that will be alright.

Gudo nodded along as Ghongh spoke, flinching in realization at the end.

"Oh no, you're not pulling a fast one on me here." He points a finger up at Ghongh in a 'see here' kind of gesture. "I'm taking you to see your guy and then you're taking me back. We can discuss your return trip after that." Meanwhile, in the back of his mind, he intended to arrest the both of them so this bluff seemed passable to him at the moment.

"Now," he declared, raising his pointing hand to the sky. "Let's find this path you found and start getting somewhere!" He paused for a moment, holding his triumphant pose before continuing. "...but first, let's get those disguises cooked up."

**Some Time Later**

With some sufficient disguises and supplies made by Ghongh, he and Gudo made their way down the mountain to find the trail he had mentioned; a long stretch of metal bars and wooden beams fastened into the ground (Train Tracks).

"Must be one of their roads or some other thing that keeps their settlements connected. Heh, how primitive," he laughed haughtily while readying his tablet.

"Okay! First things first, we check major population centers for this guy then branch out into the boonies. No telling where he might be on this crazy rock." He let a sigh and looked skyward. "What I'd give for one of those 'Scouters' those Empire goons have..."

He started marching along the side of the tracks, heading Eastward, and continuing to talk as he expected Ghongh to follow. "Though, how hard could finding him be? How many green people are on this planet?"

Ghongh listened and followed, he felt the Powers of the people in the area he could sense, hoping to get some heading.

"well there are at least two." he says as a joke before continuing "you shouldn't mock the people of this planet, their progress and struggles are commendable in their own right." his tone becoming slightly more harsh, but only a touch..