Edit History

EmBark

EmBark

The Debate

@moossabi

Pako bows in respect and welcome to the response from the Druids.

"As you state, these are recent events, not reflective of your millennia-long relationship to the Emperor. I would certainly not recommend you elevate this grief to divinity! What I recommend is the recognition that this grief is not caused by the divinity of the Emperor, but a lack of it among those in the Imperial Court that brought forth this command. It is said that two things are certain: death and taxes. Death is the domain of the divine. Taxes are the domain of the temporal. The Emperor has existed for countless millennia. The individuals of the Imperial Court have not. They bear not the wisdom that is afforded those of an age like you or I, and certainly not the wisdom of the Emperor. It is there that I believe lies a necessary separation. For much like how a servant or even the priests of gods are not afforded being as perfect and powerful as the master or god they serve, the Imperial Court is human."

He makes a gesture.

"Alas, I am no politician. I think it is worth investigating why the Imperial Court hounds you so, my compatriots. I fear I should not speak much to them, lest this become a political conversation rather than a religious one, and my tongue become unrestrained in the flow of my controversial opinions. As to the Emperor's divinity--"

Pako's speech halted as he sensed something behind him and he turned around. In the distance there shone a green light that had risen up from among the trees and rose and flew and twisted through the air at high speed, coming in the direction of the amphitheater where the debate took place. As it came closer, it became apparent that it took a humanoid shape, as Guyineber circled above the amphitheater, leaving a green light trail behind her, before landing near the druids.

"Oh wow! Thank you, honoured Druids, for inviting us to this event. Your homelands are gorgeous!"

Guyineber stood nearly 8 imperial foot tall, with curved white horns with a green glow coming from between the ridges. The same glow came from her green eyes and bony growths on her back. Her skin was a rich magenta shade and her crystal weave space suit was a space-black uniform with a strange shimmer to it, like that of gems or precious metal.

"I have been very excited to come here and meet with you, honoured Druids, who to my knowledge occupy a similar honoured space in your civilization as flightmasters do in ours. Flightmaster Pako here is my captain, pilot, scout and priest. It is a position I hope to hold in time. I hope to learn from you as I hope you will learn from us. Our magic I have already shown you in part! It is studied through Science, empowered by Holy Space and guided by the Emperor and Ophon, who are one and the same. I am have mastered the magic of flight and light constructs, but have yet to learn the magic that conquers life and smites disease, as flightmaster Pako has. Yet yours! Your magic, of nature and of defeating the process of aging entirely, that is fascinating. Like your lands, verdant and green, it is beautiful to see. Forgive me, I have not met elves before. Is it rude to compliment your beauty? I hope it is not."

Flightmaster Pako coughed and Guyineber looked at him.

"We had just been discussing the divinity of the Emperor."

He held up his hand apologetically at the Druids.

"Ah! Of course! Forgive me, honoured Druids." Guyineber bowed. "The Emperor is certainly divine. The Emperor and Ophon are one. The Emperor is eternal. Some see there to be a 'current' Emperor, rather than just an eternal one, and while there is credence to that, all those in the past who were called Emperor who were merely human have been subsumed into the divinity that is the Emperor, the one who is Parent to us all."

She bowed again to the Druids. "Forgive me for the interruption to the debate. I did not mean to be rude. I shall save my further words and shows of magic, proud though I am of it."

The Banquet

@volthawk

Guyineber's eyes were wide open in delight as she moved through the banquet hall.

"So much food! Such variety! I am delighted, for am I famished."

As she begins loading up two plates, she gives a grin to a Sansarite representative further down the table, holding up one plate.

"Big girl. Very active. Gotta eat!"

The Party

@moossabi

Pako raises his glass in greeting Hekla dei Fiori. "Thirst is the sin and pleasure of the living, I always figured."

He looked over her wheelchair. An interesting contraption. He had seen some humans in wheelchairs before, though in the low-gravity regions of Mekhala they tended to be rare. Rarer still among the Llort Society, so studious in the magic of flight. Science certainly was amazing in all its forms across all orbits.

Pako shows a smile partly hidden by his rich mustache. "Not rude at all, certainly from such kind and respectful company. I am 191 revolutions of age in Mekhalan years. The conversion to Sansarite and imperial years escapes me."

EmBark

EmBark

The Debate

@moossabi

Pako bows in respect and welcome to the response from the Druids.

"As you state, these are recent events, not reflective of your millennia-long relationship to the Emperor. I would certainly not recommend you elevate this grief to divinity! What I recommend is the recognition that this grief is not caused by the divinity of the Emperor, but a lack of it among those in the Imperial Court that brought forth this command. It is said that two things are certain: death and taxes. Death is the domain of the divine. Taxes are the domain of the temporal. The Emperor has existed for countless millennia. The individuals of the Imperial Court have not. They bear not the wisdom that is afforded those of an age like you or I, and certainly not the wisdom of the Emperor. It is there that I believe lies a necessary separation. For much like how a servant or even the priests of gods are not afforded being as perfect and powerful as the master or god they serve, the Imperial Court is human."

He makes a gesture.

"Alas, I am no politician. I think it is worth investigating why the Imperial Court hounds you so, my compatriots. I fear I should not speak much to them, lest this become a political conversation rather than a religious one, and my tongue become unrestrained in the flow of my controversial opinions. As to the Emperor's divinity--"

Pako's speech halted as he sensed something behind him and he turned around. In the distance there shone a green light that had risen up from among the trees and rose and flew and twisted through the air at high speed, coming in the direction of the amphitheater where the debate took place. As it came closer, it became apparent that it took a humanoid shape, as Guyineber circled above the amphitheater, leaving a green light trail behind her, before landing near the druids.

"Oh wow! Thank you, honoured Druids, for inviting us to this event. Your homelands are gorgeous!"

Guyineber stood nearly 8 imperial foot tall, with curved white horns with a green glow coming from between the ridges. The same glow came from her green eyes and bony growths on her back. Her skin was a rich magenta shade and her crystal weave space suit was a space-black uniform with a strange shimmer to it, like that of gems or precious metal.

"I have been very excited to come here and meet with you, honoured Druids, who to my knowledge occupy a similar honoured space in your civilization as flightmasters do in ours. Flightmaster Pako here is my captain, pilot, scout and priest. It is a position I hope to hold in time. I hope to learn from you as I hope you will learn from us. Our magic I have already shown you in part! It is studied through Science, empowered by Holy Space and guided by the Emperor and Ophon, who are one and the same. I am have mastered the magic of flight and light constructs, but have yet to learn the magic that conquers life and smites disease, as flightmaster Pako has. Yet yours! Your magic, of nature and of defeating the process of aging entirely, that is fascinating. Like your lands, verdant and green, it is beautiful to see. Forgive me, I have not met elves before. Is it rude to compliment your beauty? I hope it is not."

Flightmaster Pako coughed and Guyineber looked at him.

"We had just been discussing the divinity of the Emperor."

He held up his hand apologetically at the Druids.

"Ah! Of course! Forgive me, honoured Druids." Guyineber bowed. "The Emperor is certainly divine. The Emperor and Ophon are one. The Emperor is eternal. Some see there to be a 'current' Emperor, rather than just an eternal one, and while there is credence to that, all those in the past who were called Emperor who were merely human have been subsumed into the divinity that is the Emperor, the one who is Parent to us all."

She bowed again to the Druids. "Forgive me for the interruption to the debate. I did not mean to be rude. I shall save my further words and shows of magic, proud though I am of it."

The Banquet

@??? (whoever among the other players wants to give Moos a break from responding to literally everyone :p)

Guyineber's eyes were wide open in delight as she moved through the banquet hall.

"So much food! Such variety! I am delighted, for am I famished."

As she begins loading up two plates, she gives a grin to a Sansarite representative further down the table, holding up one plate.

"Big girl. Very active. Gotta eat!"

The Party

@moossabi

Pako raises his glass in greeting Hekla dei Fiori. "Thirst is the sin and pleasure of the living, I always figured."

He looked over her wheelchair. An interesting contraption. He had seen some humans in wheelchairs before, though in the low-gravity regions of Mekhala they tended to be rare. Rarer still among the Llort Society, so studious in the magic of flight. Science certainly was amazing in all its forms across all orbits.

Pako shows a smile partly hidden by his rich mustache. "Not rude at all, certainly from such kind and respectful company. I am 191 revolutions of age in Mekhalan years. The conversion to Sansarite and imperial years escapes me."