About me:

I've been into RPGs since I was a wee lad, and storytelling in general since before even that. I've dipped my toe in a wide number of systems over the years, and although I've discovered a few favorites, I'm always looking to try something new and push my boundaries.

I got my start in PbP with freeform, so a more collaborative, narrative-focused system like Ironsworn seems like a great way to get back to those roots.

Game preferences:

I have fairly eclectic tastes, and I enjoy mixing things up on occasion. That said, there are some universal elements that speak to me.

• I like weird stuff. China Mieville, Jeff VanDermeer, the more surreal and bizarre the better. In particular, I enjoy settings where you can never predict what you'll encounter next.
  • I like the feeling of a world on the precipice of something--a dramatic change of some sort. Maybe it's a kingdom on the brink of civil war, a planet teetering on the knife edge of a climate crisis, or a post-apocalyptic wasteland that is about to undergo some strange new transformation.
  • In general, I usually tend toward darker/grittier tones, but I appreciate having balance in my games. Non-stop grimdark suffering isn't any more interesting to me than a game that's all rainbows and unicorns. I prefer a world (and characters!) that is dynamic, multi-faceted and inspiring to the imagination.
  • Re: posting rate, I'm still getting back into the swing of things after an extended hiatus, so a more sedate pace would suit me best. A few posts a week, with weekends being free or reserved only for checking in.
  • More to come...?

Character preferences:

My taste in characters is as varied as my taste in games and settings, so it's hard to pin down exactly. However, I always try to have a concrete goal for my characters (even if they're not consciously aware of that goal), and something that is drawing them away from that goal. I think the push and pull of a characters Need v Want is key to giving them good motivations and driving them towards the tastiest parts of the story.

More to come...?