Edit History

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 3/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (4); Spells Known (4 + 1)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

"It is lucky you are here to record this, Io," he replies when the bard asks for their tales. "Our historian came to an unfortunate end. Perhaps you could make use of the goods we gathered for him at least - fine parchment, ink and a pegasus quill. He seemingly believed the tools made the artist. The worst of the stories are true - this is not a heroic tale but rather one of desperation and loss. Even amongst the outskirts we still found yet more Infernal cultists."

“I shall humbly accept these items, take good care of them, and put them to good use,” Io says with seriousness and humility. “You honor me to entrust them to me. I’ll go over your notes thoroughly, too. I want my song to be compelling, but accurate, as well.”

"If you can work on securing some lodging that will start to help, Io. If you could, whilst in the temple district, perhaps stop by the Shrine of Suffering as well? We have a Chosen of the Broken God amongst our caravan, which may encourage them to offer a little more aid. Though I imagine they are already stretched thin."

“That’s good to know, Cloak Keryn,” Io says, “Thank you! I’m going to be going ‘door-to-door’, so to speak, in the temple district, regardless, but I figured I’d start where I’m most welcome, and now I know where I can drop a good word to gain some more welcome, too!”

Did the one Keryn introduced as Gaerzil just sneer at her?

“Er . . . it’s nice to meet you, Gaerzil,” Io offers hesitantly. “I’m sure this situation hasn’t been kind to you or your fellows. Let’s do our best!”

"Your performance after our last journey together, ehrm... four month ago? Was a good show, yes? I enjoyed. But de other lutist, ehhhh..." Mishka teeters one palm back and forth a bit, showing that she was not so impressed with whoever it was Io had performed with. "Kept on tryink to sink louder dan you. Made for competition, not harmony." She holds up her hands, as though backing away. "But I am not musician, maybe dat was intended."

“Thank you so much!” Io beams. “Unfortunately, I had to part ways with them not long after that. You’re right, they were ‘competing’ with me for dominance rather than trying to harmonize, as they ought to have been. We ended up having a big row about it backstage right before a big performance, and they accused me of not knowing my place and claimed to be the ‘lead singer’ and such. Anyway, I headed back to Neverwinter after that,” she lamented.

"You can just call me Gwen," she clarifies after Keryn introduces her.

“It’s nice to meet you, Gwen,” Io greets her back. “The task seems impossible, but as they say, ‘you miss all the targets you don’t loose an arrow at’. The situation is dire, but let’s not lose hope!”

Io will similarly greet Hravin when or if he introduces himself.

Once dismissed, the first thing Io will do is begin thoroughly perusing the report Keryn submitted. From there, she’ll begin formulating a song.

Making her way down to the temple district, she’ll stop into the temple of Corellon and appeal to them to let some of the refugees in and inquire as to what conditions they need met and how many they can spare space for.

Her next stop is the Shrine of Suffering. She’ll explain to them that a Chosen of the Broken God is amongst the flock of refugees.

Once she’s done those two, she’ll work her way from temple to shrine and from shrine to temple begging and pleading for their help.

All the while, she’ll have her new song stewing in her head. As the afternoon settles into evening, it’s time to debut her new song at the local tavern where she earns her room and board.

Io Plays Her New SongUpon the day Elturel fell from sight,
Its grand duke vanished, swallowed by the void.
Amongst the chaos, flames and fear alight,
Six heroes, brave, by fates were then employed.

Gaerzil, Grug, and fair Gwen's strength combined,
With Keryn, Kilros, Silvia by side,
Fought Lemures in burning inn confined,
And through the peril, friendship they did bide.

They fed a caravan, midst hunger's snare,
Met Vollis, stopped a rite to commune Dis.
Gaerzil's missiles rent the Vrock midair,
A victory that echoed through abyss.

Errands for one whose end came with a burst,
Their path, though strange, by courage was coerced.

This band of six, through trial and through flame,
Did forge a bond unbreakable and true.
Their deeds, though small, like whispers of their name,
Grew into legends that within hearts grew.

For every soul they saved from fiery fate,
For every meal secured against despair,
Their story wove through threads of love and hate,
A tapestry of hope in darkest air.

Yet Vollis' ritual, sinister and grim,
Was shattered by their will to overcome.
Gaerzil's spell, a deadly seraphim,
Vanquished the Vrock, its beating wings fell dumb.

In errands' grip, they served annoyance's whim,
Till bursting chest did signal twilight's dim.

Elturel's loss, a backdrop to their tale,
Did cast long shadows, painting heroes' quest.
For in this world where darkness might prevail,
Such acts of valor put to noble test.

Their union formed in fire and in strife,
Together stood against infernal breed.
From saving lives to ending Vrockish life,
Their bond was forged in every selfless deed.

When night did fall and chest did burst asunder,
The stars above bore witness to their plight.
Their journey marked by magic, awe, and wonder,
In lands where evil dared to snuff out light.

So sing of six who braved the night's harsh weather,
In Elturel's tale, they're woven deep together.

[Thanks to Kavonde for the bullet-point list I fed into the AI Poem Generator]

OOC

Movement: temple to shrine and shrine to temple, then to her tavern that evening

Action: begging, pleading, persuading, and singing

Bonus Action: —

Rection: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)

Player Notification Tags go Here

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

"It is lucky you are here to record this, Io," he replies when the bard asks for their tales. "Our historian came to an unfortunate end. Perhaps you could make use of the goods we gathered for him at least - fine parchment, ink and a pegasus quill. He seemingly believed the tools made the artist. The worst of the stories are true - this is not a heroic tale but rather one of desperation and loss. Even amongst the outskirts we still found yet more Infernal cultists."

“I shall humbly accept these items, take good care of them, and put them to good use,” Io says with seriousness and humility. “You honor me to entrust them to me. I’ll go over your notes thoroughly, too. I want my song to be compelling, but accurate, as well.”

"If you can work on securing some lodging that will start to help, Io. If you could, whilst in the temple district, perhaps stop by the Shrine of Suffering as well? We have a Chosen of the Broken God amongst our caravan, which may encourage them to offer a little more aid. Though I imagine they are already stretched thin."

“That’s good to know, Cloak Keryn,” Io says, “Thank you! I’m going to be going ‘door-to-door’, so to speak, in the temple district, regardless, but I figured I’d start where I’m most welcome, and now I know where I can drop a good word to gain some more welcome, too!”

“Er . . . it’s nice to meet you, Gaerzil,” Io offers hesitantly. “I’m sure this situation hasn’t been kind to you or your fellows. Let’s do our best!”

"Your performance after our last journey together, ehrm... four month ago? Was a good show, yes? I enjoyed. But de other lutist, ehhhh..." Mishka teeters one palm back and forth a bit, showing that she was not so impressed with whoever it was Io had performed with. "Kept on tryink to sink louder dan you. Made for competition, not harmony." She holds up her hands, as though backing away. "But I am not musician, maybe dat was intended."

“Thank you so much!” Io beams. “Unfortunately, I had to part ways with them not long after that. You’re right, they were ‘competing’ with me for dominance rather than trying to harmonize, as they ought to have been. We ended up having a big row about it backstage right before a big performance, and they accused me of not knowing my place and claimed to be the ‘lead singer’ and such. Anyway, I headed back to Neverwinter after that,” she lamented.

“It’s nice to meet you, Gwen,” Io greets her back. “The task seems impossible, but as they say, ‘you miss all the targets you don’t loose an arrow at’. The situation is dire, but let’s not lose hope!”

Once dismissed, the first thing Io will do is begin thoroughly perusing the report Keryn submitted. From there, she’ll begin formulating a song.

Making her way down to the temple district, she’ll stop into the temple of Corellon and appeal to them to let some of the refugees in and inquire as to what conditions they need met and how many they can spare space for.

Her next stop is the Shrine of Suffering. She’ll explain to them that a Chosen of the Broken God is amongst the flock of refugees.

Once she’s done those two, she’ll work her way from temple to shrine and from shrine to temple begging and pleading for their help.

All the while, she’ll have her new song stewing in her head. As the afternoon settles into evening, it’s time to debut her new song at the local tavern where she earns her room and board.

Upon the day Elturel fell from sight,
Its grand duke vanished, swallowed by the void.
Amongst the chaos, flames and fear alight,
Six heroes, brave, by fates were then employed.

Gaerzil, Grug, and fair Gwen's strength combined,
With Keryn, Kilros, Silvia by side,
Fought Lemures in burning inn confined,
And through the peril, friendship they did bide.

They fed a caravan, midst hunger's snare,
Met Vollis, stopped a rite to commune Dis.
Gaerzil's missiles rent the Vrock midair,
A victory that echoed through abyss.

Errands for one whose end came with a burst,
Their path, though strange, by courage was coerced.

This band of six, through trial and through flame,
Did forge a bond unbreakable and true.
Their deeds, though small, like whispers of their name,
Grew into legends that within hearts grew.

For every soul they saved from fiery fate,
For every meal secured against despair,
Their story wove through threads of love and hate,
A tapestry of hope in darkest air.

Yet Vollis' ritual, sinister and grim,
Was shattered by their will to overcome.
Gaerzil's spell, a deadly seraphim,
Vanquished the Vrock, its beating wings fell dumb.

In errands' grip, they served annoyance's whim,
Till bursting chest did signal twilight's dim.

Elturel's loss, a backdrop to their tale,
Did cast long shadows, painting heroes' quest.
For in this world where darkness might prevail,
Such acts of valor put to noble test.

Their union formed in fire and in strife,
Together stood against infernal breed.
From saving lives to ending Vrockish life,
Their bond was forged in every selfless deed.

When night did fall and chest did burst asunder,
The stars above bore witness to their plight.
Their journey marked by magic, awe, and wonder,
In lands where evil dared to snuff out light.

So sing of six who braved the night's harsh weather,
In Elturel's tale, they're woven deep together.

[Thanks to Kavonde for the bullet-point list I fed into the AI Poem Generator]

OOC

Movement: temple to shrine and shrine to temple, then to her tavern that evening

Action: begging, pleading, persuading, and singing

Interact-with-Object:

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Interact-with-Object: