Edit History

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 1/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (4); Spells Known (4 + 1)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)
11 Tarkash, Year of Three Ships Sailing, 1492 DR

Stonyeyes District, Outer City,
Baldur’s Gate, Sword Coast

Iolanthe will study the letter as best she can for any clues—though, like Mishka, she wasn’t at the farm, so there’s a lot she’s missing.

“It sounds like a branch of the Halls moved here to the ’Gate and just add it to their name: ‘Hallgate’, if I’m reading this correctly. I guess the very existence of Mrs. Hall points to these names probably not being code names or ciphers.”

“There also doesn’t seem to be anything pointing towards a hidden cipher in this letter—strange capital letters, letters higher or lower than they ought to be in the line; the acrostic looks sufficiently nonsensical—If there is a hidden message, then I’m not seeing it.”

At the crime scene, Iolanthe will look for clues about the murder. Once she’s had a good gander at the scene, she’ll pull out a pad of parchment and a quill.

“Alright, Mrs. Hall,” Iolanthe asks matter-of-factly, “I know you’re grieving, so I don’t want to take up too much of your time, but what can you tell us about Markus Hallgate and the Hallgate family? Did Markus or any other Hallgates contact Segren Hall before . . . well, the incident? What can you tell us about either of their associations with a Zariel cult”—here, she holds up one of the Zariel cultists’ flaming obsidian hammer pendants. “Do you know of anyone that might have wanted Markus Hallgate dead?”

Iolanthe is going to keep a keen eye and ear on Mrs. Hall during her interrogation—regardless of who is asking her questions, to suss out any lies she might tell!

“Hravin, Keryn, Mishka, Gaerzil, Gwen, do any of you have anything you’d like to ask?”

OOC

Movement:

Action: Investigation on the Letter/Investigate the crime scene/Interrogate Vasha Hall

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

Iolanthe will study the letter as best she can for any clues—though, like Mishka, she wasn’t at the farm, so there’s a lot she’s missing.

“It sounds like a branch of the Halls moved here to the ’Gate and just add it to their name: ‘Hallgate’, if I’m reading this correctly. I guess the very existence of Mrs. Hall points to these names probably not being code names or ciphers.”

“There also doesn’t seem to be anything pointing towards a hidden cipher in this letter—strange capital letters, letters higher or lower than they ought to be in the line; the acrostic looks sufficiently nonsensical—If there is a hidden message, then I’m not seeing it.”

At the crime scene, Iolanthe will look for clues about the murder. Once she’s had a good gander at the scene, she’ll pull out a pad of parchment and a quill.

“Alright, Mrs. Hall,” Iolanthe asks matter-of-factly, “I know you’re grieving, so I don’t want to take up too much of your time, but what can you tell us about Markus Hallgate and the Hallgate family? Did Markus or any other Hallgates contact Segren Hall before . . . well, the incident? What can you tell us about either of their associations with a Zariel cult”—here, she holds up one of the Zariel cultists’ flaming obsidian hammer pendants. “Do you know of anyone that might have wanted Markus Hallgate dead?”

OOC

Movement:

Action: Investigation on the Letter/Investigate the crime scene/Interrogate Vasha Hall

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Interact-with-Object:

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

OOC

Movement:

Action: Investigation on the Letter

Bonus Action:

Reaction: Casting the healing word spell on both Grant Yoreling and Keryn.

Interact-with-Object: