Edit History

Kavonde

Kavonde

1710466354262.jpg.7c6c9ba2eb32efeb569316d00e2bc66a.jpgGaerzil | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | 2nd: 2/2
Active Effects: N/A

Gaerzil, walking out of the guard tower providing access to the wall, crosses his arm across his chest and taps his chin thoughtfully. "The victim was caught unawares, some time before Deepnight. The culprit then drew these symbols, which are Infernal runes reading 'for the fallen' and what appears to be an attempt at the unholy symbol of the archdevil Zariel, in the victim's fresh blood. He or she then ascended the wall, likely with the aid of magic, judging by the lack of footprints. Once there, they cleaned their boots in a nearby puddle, concealing any further trail they may have left."

He turns to examine the body again. "I think it's safe to assume this has something to do with the devil cults we've been dealing with." He looks at the Artful Dodger and raises an eyebrow in a silent "I told you so."

The black-and-white cat rolls its eyes and goes back to licking its paws.

"So, we can likely rule out most practitioners of divine magic, since jump, levitate, dimension door and so on are generally the domain of arcane spellcasters like myself, or perhaps the occasional druid or ranger, though... not many of them are likely to worship devils. Of course, anyone familiar with casting spells from scrolls or armed with the right potions could also manage such an escape, so..." He shrugs, spreading his hands. "The only conclusion we can draw from the evidence at hand is that the killer has access to magic through some means or another, which narrows it down to just, say, two-thirds of the city's population or so."

Kavonde

Kavonde

1710466354262.jpg.7c6c9ba2eb32efeb569316d00e2bc66a.jpgGaerzil | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | 2nd: 2/2
Active Effects: N/A

Gaerzil, walking out of the guard tower providing access to the wall, crosses his arm across his chest and taps his chin thoughtfully. "The victim was caught unawares, some time before Deepnight. The culprit then drew these symbols, which are Infernal runes reading 'for the fallen,' in the victim's fresh blood. He or she then ascended the wall, likely with the aid of magic, judging by the lack of footprints. Once there, they cleaned their boots in a nearby puddle, concealing any further trail they may have left."

He turns to examine the body again. "I think it's safe to assume this has something to do with the devil cults we've been dealing with." He looks at the Artful Dodger and raises an eyebrow in a silent "I told you so."

The black-and-white cat rolls its eyes and goes back to licking its paws.

"So, we can likely rule out most practitioners of divine magic, since jump, levitate, dimension door and so on are generally the domain of arcane spellcasters like myself, or perhaps the occasional druid or ranger, though... not many of them are likely to worship devils. Of course, anyone familiar with casting spells from scrolls or armed with the right potions could also manage such an escape, so..." He shrugs, spreading his hands. "The only conclusion we can draw from the evidence at hand is that the killer has access to magic through some means or another, which narrows it down to just, say, two-thirds of the city's population or so."