Chapter II: Stopped at the Gate

Gregorotto

cHP4Kvz.png

Name: Hravin Snaefoss | Race/Class: Human Cleric 2 | HP: 21/21 AC: 14 PP: 13 SS: 2/3

Red tape, indeed.

Mishka's point was taken, but not at face value. "I supposed one must know the rules well before one can break them. Appropriately," he said, emphasising the last word more Hex's benefit than Mishka's. Hravin was not exactly the most apt judge of character, but she didn't strike him as someone who always follows the letter of the law. Time would tell, he supposed. In any case, she was certainly pleasant company, with an interesting accent that piqued his curiosity.

"Qan-Di!" Hravin shouted excitedly as they reconvened with the others. "A sight for sore eyes, to be sure! We will have to catch up soon, but first the folks at the gat---" stopping short, his attention was called by shadows in the corners of his eye, moving in a pattern that didn't match the normal traffic, instead seeming to converge on...them.

"Gods, an ambush!" he growled, realizing they had been taken by surprise. With his mace in hand, he prepared to face what may come, but not before gracing his companions with Denier's assistance.

OOC

Action: Cast Bless on Io, Gwen and Gaerzil

Bonus: Prep Melee with Mace if C4 comes near him or Qan-Di (if possible)

Movement: Stay Put

The Before Times

Hex nods to Keryn's willingness to follow the rules but a twinkle in his eye indicates a readiness to bring the pain down upon Mishka's shoulders. "Need I remind you, 'leetle gurl,' of the nature of your role in the Lords' Alliance: you serve at the leisure of Baldur's Gate's leaders, not her people. The mob is merely that: leaders are made from sterner stuff, to the benefit of all. If you want to serve the people, right now, in the immediacy, you need to do as you're told and prevent anarchy from rising up and harming the people. We do this for their benefit: a mob would only invite random violence and the destruction of all we love."

A wonderful man, that Hex.

In Sorcerous Sundries, the mention of Raf gets a rise out of Gwen. The elderly Halruaan narrows his eyes at her speech, and nods. "Oh yes, there's no doubt. Told me to call him Raf, after giving his exquisitely long and pompous name. I don't recall it, I never do with nobleborns. Always a title and a single name: never their full name or they begin to think above their station as a patriarA patriar is a term for nobility in Baldur's Gate. Few common-born ever reach this rank, and it remains inherited for many, though it is not unheard of for nobles to lose this rank in debt or dishonor.: they presume godhood! But no: this Raf was charming, handsome too but not my flavor. As I understand it, the Watch and the Flaming Fist are both in the business of looking for him, not withstanding my eloquent report that will almost certainly condemn him to the gallows." That can't be right. Gwen's Raf? A wanted criminal?

⛧ Round I ⛧

Regrouping, cultists with Vollis' name on their mouth step from the crowd and draw weapons.spacer.png

Mishka is quick on the uptake, the ground north of her and Keryn erupting with brown, thick vines shooting up and entangling the three cultists that would presume to appear from above. Though the leader almost breaks freeCult Fanatic Str Save 10 vs. DC 13, fail, the other two are hopelessly stuckC1 Str save 5 vs. DC 13, failure; the womanC5 Str Save Nat 1 vs. DC 13, failure falls prone, in fact, her crossbow all but taken from her. As Mishka marches into the market and screams let loose from the civilian populace, Hravin applies an application of bonuses and boons to the newcomer Iolanthe and to Gwen and Gaerzil, who looks over to the nearest cultist who is now partially restrained. "What are you going to do, stab me with that little thing?"

The western-most cultist, seeing the restraint on his leader, growls. "Bleed them dry!" Just before he can march towards Qan-Di, Mishka appears yet again, hammer at the ready. This makes his job easier, he feels, as he turns and brings his dagger deep across her chest, sending blood flyingC4 Attack 18 vs. Mishka AC 14, hit; Uses Ferocious Surge, turning it into a crit: 8 slashing damage. One cultist comes to Keryn, another to Gwen, neither realizing the danger, but bringing danger with them as well. The one attacking Keryn brings her dagger deep into his left shoulder, threatening to sever the tendonC3 Attack 18 vs. Keryn AC 14, hit: uses Ferocious Surge to make it a crit: 6 slashing damage; the one near Gwen slashes across her armor, but the armor does its job expertlyC2 Attack 15 vs. Gwen AC 18, miss. The taunted and entangled cultist near Rivalen lashes out despite his entanglement, and Rivalen masterfully dodgesC1 Attack with Disadvantage 17/11 vs Rivalen AC 12, miss. "I say, feisty fellow; Gaerzil, show me what you've learned since you departed my service."

The leader, still standing, can still cast spells, so he does so: a massive glowing red weapon appears beside Keryn.

It slashes out at him, catchingCult Fanatic Spiritual Weapon Attack 19 vs. Keryn AC 14, hit for 9 slashing damage Keryn on the right shoulder. These cultists mean business.

But so do the heroes from Elturel and their new allies.

Out of Character

spacer.png
Initiative
Party
Cultists

Enemies
Cult Fanatic-AC 13, 33/33 HP, Entangled
Cultist 1-AC 12, 9/9 HP, Entangled
Cultist 2-AC 12, 9/9 HP
Cultist 3-AC 12, 9/9 HP
Cultist 4-AC 12, 9/9 HP
Cultist 5-AC 12, 9/9 HP, Entangled, Prone

Begin Round 2! Now everyone can act!

Blessed is marked on Io, Gwen, and Gaerzil; Entangled is just assumed from the area marked by MC.

1710466354262.jpg.7c6c9ba2eb32efeb569316d00e2bc66a.jpgGaerzil | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | 2nd: 1/2
Active Effects: N/A

"Of course," Gaerzil says with an insufferable little smirk. He draws a small chip of mica from a pouch on his belt, then makes a few arcane gestures and incantations. Rivalen can clearly recognize that he's casting the spell shatter. However, at the very end of his casting, Gaerzil adds a few unexpected words to the spell before pointing to the spot in the center of the vines Mishka summoned. Instead of the deafeningly loud, ringing chime that the spell usually produces, there's silence... and yet the cultists trapped within the vines scream and writhe as if the spell hit them exactly as intended.

He turns back to Rivalen, clearly feeling quite smug. "A bit of a twist on the classic," he says, rubbing his knuckles on his chest. "I call it mindshatter."

OOC

Gaerzil is going to cast shatter in the middle of the cluster of cultists north of him; that'll be 3d8 damage, half with a DC 13 Reflex save. (Which they have disadvantage on; thanks, Mishka!) However, since he's showing off for his former boss, he's also going to use his Order of the Scribes feature to swap the damage from thunder to psychic, thanks to his also knowing mind thrust as a 2nd-level spell.

Yes, I know. I hate him, too.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)
Name
Mindshatter damage (3d8, DC 13 reflex for half)
3d8 1,6,1

token_1-2.png.787bd575645206ea3ebb0c28bcc2ce92.pngKeryn Donnathlascen

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 9/24 () | HD: 3/3 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +5 (Dex&Cha)
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan, Illuskan, Draconic, Thieves' Cant

Battle

Under attack from multiple angels, Keryn cannot defend them all - especially when one was borne of magic and not present a moment ago. Blood drips form his shoulder, staining his ultramarine cloak darker til it is lost against the midnight leather. With a flourish, he draws his silver rapier and lashes out at the cultist before him, drawing an arcane sigil of Elven High Magic with his off hand - no doubt recognisable to Rivalen as reminiscent of the Ary’Faern’Kerym of ancient Myth Drannor. The blade strikes true, drawing blood, but lacks power thanks to his wound. Nonetheless, a shimmering web of mail arises around the cultist, and Keryn withdraws under its protection, making to hide amongst one of the stalls as he looks for the potion they found.

OOC

Action: Booming Blade vs Cultist3

Bonus Action: Hide

Movement: As per Roll20 - no AoO from C3 thanks to fancy footwork.

Reaction: Absorb Elements if triggered

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Booming Blade . Melee Weapon Attack: +1d8 Thunder damage if creature moves.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Cunning Action . Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Steady Aim . You give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven't moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra [2d6] damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll. [You also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; ... you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll]

Fancy Footwork . During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can't make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Booming Blade vs C3
1d20+5 13
Piercing Damage (inc. Sneak Attack)
1d8+2d6+3 1,2,1
Thunder Damage (if moves)
1d8 5
Stealth
1d20+5 5

15db87f7234cb3659c849826814290cf.jpgGwen | HP 37/37 | AC 18 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 12
Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1 | Superiority Dice: 4/4 (DC 13)

Gwen knows better than most how dangerous cities can be. She was a Hellrider, after all, and had many violent encounters within city walls. Still, she is surprised by just how quickly violence finds them in Baldur's Gate, and by its source. Cultists? Seeking revenge for Vollis? What had they gotten themselves into?

Gwen feels the punch of a dagger failing to penetrate her armor. The half-orc spins about and headbutts the dishonorable cultist, creating just enough room for her to slip her battle axe out from her belt.

By the time the cultist recovers from the headbutting, it's too late. Gwen's axe crunches into his forehead with a gory splat!

Gwen wrenches her axe free of the dead man's head and surveys the situation. It looks like a number of the cultists have been ensnared by one of her companion's spells, but the nearest cultist is still managing to swipe at Rivalen. Gwen hefts her shield and axe, then rushes to Rivalen's side.

Action: Gwen attacks Cultist 2

To Hit

Damage

Move: Moving to Rivalen's right.

Name
To Hit
1d20+5 10
Damage
1d8+5 8

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 3/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (4); Spells Known (4 + 1)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

The Before Times

Once they leave the premises, Iolanthe leans over to Mishka and in a quiet voice, she says, “Don’t worry, Mishka, I fully agree with you. ‘Don’t dare help anyone,’ my half-elven ass! Either way, though, it’s best not to antagonize your ‘boss’. Besides, it’s a lot easier to gain forgiveness—especially if you’re an invaluable asset—than it is to get permission.”

Round 2

Iolanthe thanks Hravin for blessing her. Little does she know but just seconds later, that blessing will come in handy!

Iolanthe watches as Keryn nearly run Cultist 3 through with his rapier, then Gwen headbutt and split Cultist 2 down the middle. They’ve got things well in hand. But just to help ensure the odds are in their favor, Iolanthe unslings her yarting and plucks out an inspiring tune with guiding magic woven into its notes. Keryn receives a d6 bardic inspiration die!

Iolanthe moves around Hravin and Qan-Xi to the space ten feet south of Cultist 4.

image.png.074759010b06e5b0bd40677037bf1dd1.png

Her hair begins to rise and her eyes glow briefly as she holds out her finger and points it at Cultist 2.

H₂elbʰósh₃rḗǵs bʰleh₁stus! she intones in harsh, eerie, loud whispers. A beam of crackling energy streaks towards the cultist.

The eldritch blast would have sailed by him, harmlessly impacting against the sturdy wooden tent-pole next to him, but Deneir’s blessings seem to course-correct the supernatural energies. It just hits, dealing 10 force damage!

OOC

Movement: 30 ft.

Action: Cast the eldritch blast spell on Cultist 4 (not Cultist 2, as the dice say; that was a typo).

Bonus Action: Give bardic inspiration (d6) to Keryn.

Reaction: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Eldritch Blast Spell Attack vs Cultist 2; Force Damage; Critical Force Damage (if Applicable)
8; 10; 9
1d20+5;1d10;1d10 [3]; [3,10]; [3,10,9]
1d4 Bonus from Bless
1d4 4

Entangle  

image.png.b83004cc44fdabaa5de7b43552146d01.pngMishka Strakeln (Dwarven Artificer 1)

HP: 2/10 | AC: 14 | Passive Perception: 13
Active Effects:
NA

Spells and Expendables

Expendable Used Total Recharge
Magical Tinkering 0 3 NA
Comprehend Languages (no spell slot used) 0 1 Long Rest
Entangle (no spell slot used) 1 1 Long Rest
Spell Slots Lvl 1 0 2 Long Rest

Prepared Spells:

Level 1: Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Tasha's Caustic Brew, Comprehend Languages*, Entangle*.

*Do not count against prepared spells, as they are granted by my Rune Shaper feat.

Misty lets out a string of Dwarven curses that included a few harsh words about the lineage of whoever crafted this armor (it was her). Her arm is immediately weakened, and she is unsure if she'll even be able to strike the foe, let alone take him down. Just as she was about to resort to more magic, she's instead showered in blood, which mingles with her own.

Mishka is blissfully unaware of hepatitis.

"Many tanks," she says to Io. Her immediate threat dealt with, she looks over her shoulder and sees Keryn's assailant. She twirls her body around, using the momentum to launch her hammer at the foe.

OOC

Action: Thrown Hammer Attackthis many damage if it hits.
Move: Better if I don't, I feel.
Reaction: Absorb Elements if triggered.

Note that the above was written with the assumption that Cultist 4 is dead. If something happened such that he is still alive, then Mishka, bleeding as she is from the attack, would not have thrown her weapon away, and would have made a melee attack against the foe standing right next to her.

Name
Thrown Hammer Attack
1d20+4 6
this many damage
1d4+2 1

cHP4Kvz.png

Name: Hravin Snaefoss | Race/Class: Human Cleric 2 | HP: 21/21 AC: 14 PP: 13 SS: 1/3

Hravin's eyes went wide when he saw Mishka's condition only moments into the fray. As her hammer sails through the air, Hravin peels around the back of the cart where another dead cultist lay, and places his hand on Mishka's shoulder. Syllabals intoned, Hravin felt the familiar warmth of Denier's approval flow through his fingers and into his new companions wounds. "Keep thy flesh whole, thy mind open and thy spirit willing." The phrase wasn't required for the spell, but helped him focus the weave of energy.

OOC

Move to Mishka around the back of the cart since C4 is dead, get that Cure Wounds action

Action: Cast Cure Wounds on Mishka

Bonus:

Movement: Move to Mishka

Posted (edited)

⛧ Round II ⛧

The cultists had their chance. Vollis' vengeance begins to go south immediately after the guards from Elturel whisk away the fog of confusion.

Rivalen sees it all. He watches as his former apprentice summons forth a rather rudimentary shatter spell but alters it, destroying the minds of the northerly cultists but not killing any of themCult Fanatic Con save 13 vs. DC 13, success for half psychic damage
C4 Con save 13 vs. DC 13, success for half psychic damage

C1 Con save 8 vs. DC 13, failure for full psychic damage
: from the blood that begins to come from their eyes, nose, and ears, it obviously has had a powerful effect. If it affects the Halruaan mage at all, he doesn't show it. "Very good, Gaerzil, an excellent reapplication of the spell's theory with another spell's effects mapped out to it. I had not taken you for a creature of improv, but this is quite the development in your training!"

Nearby comes a blade which hits the cultist near Keryn and Rivalen already knows what it is: but the cultist does not, and she pays for it with her life. As she begins to try and pursue where she thinks Keryn has gone, the blade booms and she is sent reeling into several crates, whose breaking proves fatal as it stabs her in the throat. Though it is not magic, out of the corner of his eye he spies the spray of blood from the crunchingly fatal blow Gwen applies to the cultist nearest her and she soon comes charging around the corner, causing the still-standing but very entangled cultist to reel in fear, trying to run but locked in place. Io moves and launches into both a small ditty and shoots off a blast that catches the cultist near Mishka, sending him reeling as the eldritch blast finds him. Mishka attempts to throw her hammer at the leader of the cultists, but it falls short and lands in a tent; the gnome within yells something at her that is incomprehensible and terrifying.

As Hravin begins to heal her, Qan-Di observes the carnage and cannot help herself but grin. "Quite the entourage you've gathered here, both friend and foe."

The three remaining cultists prepare for the end of their attack, it having backfired spectacularly. The bearded fellow, bloodied and about to fall over, roars back to his companions, "Go! I'll hold them off! Report the scum are in Baldur's Gate!" With that, he strikes out at Gwen, catching her in the side and drawing bloodC1 Attack 19 vs. Gwen AC 18, hit for 4 slashing damage. The other two, leader included, breakCult Fanatic Strength save 14 vs. DC 13, freed
C4 Strength save 16 vs. DC 13, freed
free of the entanglement and begin to head down the street, the woman looking back at the group and drawing her dagger, ready to use it if pursued. The leader moves his own magically summoned weapon, pursing Keryn through the tents and successfully spyingCult Fanatic Perception check 14 vs. Hide DC 10, success him: the blade cuts a clear slashCult Fanatic Spiritual Weapon 17 vs. Keryn DC 14, hit for 6 slashing damage across Keryn's chest, along his clavicle. Any higher and it would have been fatal.

Keryn has a clear shot, if he wants it.

Out of Character

spacer.png
Initiative
Party
Cultists

Enemies
Cult Fanatic-AC 13, 29/33 HP
Cultist 1-AC 12, 1/9 HP, Entangled
Cultist 2-AC 12, 0/9 HP
Cultist 3-AC 12, 0/9 HP

Cultist 4-AC 12, 0/9 HP
Cultist 5-AC 12, 4/9 HP

Begin Round 3!

If CF and C4 are pursued, this initiates a Chase instead of combat. Assuming anyone wants to take part, you can Dash 3+your Con modifier, you can attack or use spells, and if you do participate, you roll 1d20 so we can determine a complication. On an 11-20, no complications; on the other numbers, fun situations I'll spell out for you in the chat, so roll first then do your post if you're chasing.

You can also choose not to chase and instead focus on killing C1 or C4: it seems unlikely that CF can be killed in the time allotted, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

cHP4Kvz.png

Name: Hravin Snaefoss | Race/Class: Human Cleric 2 | HP: 21/21 AC: 14 PP: 13 SS: 0/3

The action was quick. Catching his breath, he gave a lopsided grin to Qan-Di. "Well, they woke me from a nap. What else could I do but join them?"

With that, possibly his best quip ever by his own reckoning, Hravin summoned the scorn of Denier like the lash of a harsh instructor burning across his knuckles, wound up with a few steps forward and slung the radiant bolt in a graceful overhand pitch straight at the raving Cultist Fanatic.

OOC

Hravin shoots Guiding Bolt at CF

Action:

Bonus:

Movement:

Name
Spell_to_Hit
1d20+5 2
DMG_on_HIt
4d6 1,1,6,3

token_1-2.png.787bd575645206ea3ebb0c28bcc2ce92.pngKeryn Donnathlascen

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 3/24 () | HD: 3/3 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +5 (Dex&Cha)
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan, Illuskan, Draconic, Thieves' Cant

Battle

Somehow the cultists ethereal sword follows Keryn as he dashes away, the lack of body wielding it disguising most of the minute muscular tells he would usually rely on to dodge. He doesn't know who this organisation is, or what they have against the party, but he figures they can't be allowed to escape again when the Lord's Alliance was so woefully under-informed. He's also a little aggrieved at being bested twice now by this magic user without so much chance as giving a scratch in return.

Skirting the edge of the plants, he powers forward - his training clearly on display as he closes the gap with ease despite his injuries, positioning himself to duel the leader. He thrusts the rapier forward - perfectly timed to slide into the mans chest as he focuses on dodging the ball of magic headed his way. The point misses any vital organs, however the same shimmer of air establishes itself as Keryn's offhand completes the necessary arcane gesture.

OOC

Action: Booming Blade vs CF

Bonus Action: Dash (1/5)

Movement: Chase

Reaction: Absorb Elements if triggered

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Booming Blade . Melee Weapon Attack: +1d8 Thunder damage if creature moves.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Cunning Action . Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Steady Aim . You give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven't moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra [2d6] damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll. [You also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; ... you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll]

Fancy Footwork . During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can't make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Chase Complication
1d20 18
Booming Blade vs CF
1d20+5 20
Critical! Damage (inc. Sneak Attack)
2d8+4d6+3 3,3,5,2,1,2
Conditional Thunder Damage
1d8 3

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 1/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (4); Spells Known (4 + 1)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

Round 3

When Hravin’s guiding bolt spell fails to hit, she plays him a sacred tune in the dorian mode to inspire him, granting him a d6 of bardic inspiration.

Iolanthe dodges and weaves her way through the gaps in benches and stalls, around a dead cultist and over to a spot where she can get a good line of sight on the fleeing cultits. Pointing her finger at Cultist 5, her eyes glow and her hair rises again as the crackling energy races down her arm. H₂elbʰósh₃rḗǵs bʰleh₁stus! she intones in harsh, eerie, loud whispers. The beam streaks towards the fleeing cultist.

“Stop in the name of the Council of Four, heathen cultists! Surrender peacefully and the rest of you need not die like dogs! Cooperate, and you might even be spared execution!”

image.png.eda3379465c716099a14c32f0d14096b.png

OOC

Movement: 30 ft.

Action: Cast the eldritch blast spell on Cultist 5.

Bonus Action: Give bardic inspiration (d6) to Hravin.

Reaction: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)
Name
Eldritch Blast Spell Attack vs Cultist 5 + Bless; Force Damage; Critical Force Damage (if Applicable)
17; 9; 2
1d20+1d4+5;1d10;1d10 [9,3]; [9,3,9]; [9,3,9,2]

image.png.b83004cc44fdabaa5de7b43552146d01.pngMishka Strakeln (Dwarven Artificer 1)

HP: 10/10 | AC: 14 | Passive Perception: 13
Active Effects: NA

Spells and Expendables

Expendable Used Total Recharge
Magical Tinkering 0 3 NA
Comprehend Languages (no spell slot used) 0 1 Long Rest
Entangle (no spell slot used) 1 1 Long Rest
Spell Slots Lvl 1 0 2 Long Rest

Prepared Spells:

Level 1: Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Tasha's Caustic Brew, Comprehend Languages*, Entangle*.

*Do not count against prepared spells, as they are granted by my Rune Shaper feat.

Hravin's touch caused Mishka's wounds to heal up quite nicely, and she felt suddenly more able to breathe. "Thankink you much," she says, trying not to be rude in the middle of combat, but still somehow coming off as brushing off the Cleric.

Of course, there was no time for further niceties. Hells, there was no time for Mishka to so much as stop and grab her hammer. Instead, there was only time to chase down the cultist leader, who was quickly getting away with Keryn in hot pursuit. Mishka was sure that Io could handle whatever was left of the last cultist here. And she knew that she had a fair bit of stamina for the run. She only hoped that it was more than this cult leader had.

Drawing her sickle, she began pursuit, hoping that her hammer would be there when she returned. With a passing thought, she released the Entangle spell, freeing whatever living cultists were still there and clearing the way for others to run.

OOC

Cure Wounds

Move: Enter chase world!

Time for a chase complication

Name
Cure Wounds
1d8+3 7
Time for a chase complication
1d20 7

15db87f7234cb3659c849826814290cf.jpgGwen | HP 33/37 | AC 18 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 12
Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1 | Superiority Dice: 4/4 (DC 13)

Gwen swings her axe across at the cultist's head, but twists the handle at the last moment so she clubs him rather than hack his face in two.

Bonk!

The cultist drops to the ground unconscious. "We'll save him for questioning," Gwen says to no one in particular, then sets off after the fleeing cultists.

Action: Gwen attacks Cultist 1

To Hit

Non-Lethal Damage

Movement: Chase!

Chase Complication

Name
To Hit
1d20+5 7
Non-Lethal Damage
1d8+5 2
Chase Complication
1d20 1

1710466354262.jpg.7c6c9ba2eb32efeb569316d00e2bc66a.jpgGaerzil | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st: 3/4 | 2nd: 1/2
Active Effects: N/A

Seeing Keryn sprinting off after the fleeing cultists and nearly skewering their leader with a savage thrust of his rapier, and seeing Gwen capably drop one of the other cultists with a nonlethal blow for later questioning, Gaerzil smirks and extends his hand towards the cultist fanatic and casts magic missile, three bolts of crackling blue force arcing out to unerringly track the would-be escapee and end his wretched life.

"Well, that was bracing," he says to Rivalen, turning to face his former master without bothering to watch to make sure his missiles fell their target. "Say, I don't suppose I could get a discount on copying a few spells from your spellbook, could I? I'd quite like to expand my arsenal of elemental damage types."

OOC

Throwing a level 1 magic missile at the Cultist Fanatic to hopefully finish him off.

Name
Magic Missile damage
3d4+3 1,3,2