Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

I'd like to ask for a piece of advice from someone more experienced than me. I rolled a 47 for Willpower, and while it's nice to be strong of will, that number might be a better fit elsewhere. I can't make up my mind whether it's better to put it in Weapon Skill or Agility. Whichever stat I pick gets boosted to 52, because Blood Angels have increases to both WS and Agility.

WS is obviously a lot better for offense, but it's also useful for melee defense. Very fitting for a Blood Angel, but the thing is... I don't need an amazing offensive potential. The previous value of 43 is perfectly acceptable to Zorael; he's an apothecary, so his primary role is not to go out there and kill everything that moves. Nor is it how I envisioned the character. 43 is a good enough skill before advancements.

Agility makes him Speedy Gonzales in power armor. Good initiative and movement, and it improves his defense against ranged somewhat (Dodge 42 -> 52). It does not increase his melee defense, as his parry is still better (43 + 10 from a balanced weapon). Better initiative too, I guess. Are there other uses I haven't thought of?

If you have other stats you suggest I switch it for instead, let me know. Here are the stats before switching anything around, but after the Blood Angel bonuses were added. It also includes a +5 to Fellowship (Sanguinary Priest), so I can get starting fellowship of 52 if I want to. But again, 44 is a perfectly fine value as well.

Weapon Skill: 43 (+4)
Ballistic Skill: 39 (+3)
Strength: 40 (+10)

Toughness: 46 (+8)
Agility: 42 (+4)
Intelligence: 50 (+5)

Perception: 44 (+4)
Willpower: 47 (+4)
Fellowship: 44 (+4)

Ayeba

Ayeba

I'd like to ask for a piece of advice from someone more experienced than me. I rolled a 47 for Willpower, and while it's nice to be strong of will, that number might be a better fit elsewhere. I can't make up my mind whether it's better to put it in Weapon Skill or Agility. Whichever stat I pick gets boosted to 52, because Blood Angels have increases to both WS and Agility.

WS is obviously a lot better for offense, but it's also useful for melee defense. Very fitting for a Blood Angel, but the thing is... I don't need an amazing offensive potential. The previous value of 43 is perfectly acceptable to Zorael; he's an apothecary, so his primary role is not to go out there and kill everything that moves. Nor is it how I envisioned the character. 43 is a good enough skill before advancements.

Agility makes him Speedy Gonzales in power armor. Good initiative and movement, and it improves his defense against ranged somewhat (Dodge 42 -> 52). It does not increase his melee defense, as his parry is still better (43 + 10 from a balanced weapon). Better initiative too, I guess. Are tehre other uses I haven't thought of?

If you have other stats you suggest I switch it for instead, let me know. Here are the stats before switching anything around, but after the Blood Angel bonuses were added. It also includes a +5 to Fellowship (Sanguinary Priest), so I can get starting fellowship of 52 if I want to. But again, 44 is a perfectly fine value as well.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Agility makes him Speedy Gonzales in power armor. Good initiative and movement, and it improves his defense against ranged somewhat (Dodge 42 -> 52). It does not increase his melee defense, as his parry is still better (43 + 10 from a balanced weapon). Better initiative too, I guess.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Agility makes him Speedy Gonzales in power armor. Good initiative and movement, and it improves his defense against ranged somewhat (Dodge 42 -> 52). It does not increase his melee defense, as his parry is still better (43 + 10 from a balanced weapon). Better initiative too, I guess.

If you have other stats you suggest I switch it for instead, let me know. Here are the stats before switching anything around, but after the Blood Angel bonuses were added.