Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

I have two different concepts for a character. I've started making both, but I'm not sure I'll finish both. They both use the same stats rolled. I'd like some GM input @Trish_the_Nugg_Queen to confirm that these concepts work with the setting. I'm pulling material from the 40k side, and not all of it is appropriate to 30k.

1. A White Scars Apothecary (or so he claims) that struggles with visions of the future. They are not always bad, but they will not hesitate to show him the worst possible outcomes, often at inappropriate times. This may or may not be the result of a gene deviation, which he tries to keep hidden.

He works and passes himself up as an apothecary. His connection to the warp is not hard to deduce and he does not deny it if someone asks him about it, but if no one else mentions it, neither will he.

Mechanically, he's a White Scars Librarian (Stormseer) with Gene-Seed Anomaly (Rites of Battle p87) that grants him Medicae as an advanced skill. I as a player (or you as a GM) choose when his powers manifest, but in-character he has little to no control over it. I'll take only powers that makes sense with this concept (unless he learns to embrace the warp more actively). His starting powers will be Reading, Short-Range Telepathy and either Inspire or Augury. Augury as written does not work with the concept -- it is a very deliberate act -- but if the GM allow some refluffing it could work. Inspire can be reinterpreted as a vision of the future where things work out, or the bad things that can happen if they succumb to pinning and fear, and thus helps his comrades to overcome their current situation. Heck, both are better fits than Short-Range telepathy, so if you allow refluffing of both, I'll take it.

The power that really shines with this concept is Possibility Shield, which I will take at first chance and probably have running for most of the fights. It costs 1000 xp, so I won't start with that, but I'll get it as soon as reasonably possible.

I also want to take the We Are All One deed (rites of Battle p85). He does not seek leadership for the power or because he is suited, but because he wants to avoid the negative outcomes he can see if he doesn't put his finger on the scale.

He's very much built to fulfill a support role in a group. While he is a space marine and no stranger to fighting, he's built to help his kill-team shine, not personally hog all the glory. He'll requisition reductor and narhecium at the start of every mission, which makes him a decent medic (50 int, +20 skill from narthecium --> 10 wounds healed on a lightly damaged subject).

2. A Blood Angel Apothecary who failed to protect his mortal family before he was turned into a space marine and later recruited into the Deathwatch. He views his duties in the Deathwatch as a second chance, a God-given opportunity to prove his ability to protect his family. That's how he views his kill-team and comrades; not as allies of convenience or even friends. They are his new family, his brothers, cousins and relatives, and he will give it all to protect them. His duty is not a burden, it is a blessing, and he embraces it. As part of his duty, he also needs to retrieve any fallen family's gene-seed and return them to their chapters, but he'd rather keep them all alive than see a single member of his family die.

Mechanically he is a Blood Angel Sanguinary Priest (500xp, First Founding p43) with Protector of the Chapter (400xp, Rites of Battle p84). He is an excellent healer and will only become better. His priorities are always to protect his kill-team first, and if he is ever forced to choose between saving a teammate and fulfilling his mission, he will prefer to keep everyone alive. He might even deviate from his mission in order to save space marines that are not members of the Deathwatch.

I've tried to include some flaws you as a GMs can use as flavor, story hooks or even distractions if you want to.

Ayeba

Ayeba

I have two different concepts for a character. I've started making both, but I'm not sure I'll finish both. They both use the same stats rolled. I'd like some GM input @Trish_the_Nugg_Queen to confirm that these concepts work with the setting. I'm pulling material from the 40k side, and not all of it is appropriate to 30k.

1. A White Scars Apothecary (or so he claims) that struggles with visions of the future. They are not always bad, but they will not hesitate to show him the worst possible outcomes, often at inappropriate times. This may or may not be the result of a gene deviation, which he tries to keep hidden.

He works and passes himself up as an apothecary. His connection to the warp is not hard to deduce and he does not deny it if someone asks him about it, but if no one else mentions it, neither will he.

Mechanically, he's a White Scars Librarian (Stormseer) with Gene-Seed Anomaly (Rites of Battle p87) that grants him Medicae as an advanced skill. I as a player (or you as a GM) choose when his manifests powers, but in-character he has little to no control over it. I'll take only powers that makes sense with this concept (unless he learns to embrace the warp more actively). His starting powers will be Reading, Short-Range Telepathy and either Inspire or Augury. Augury as written does not work with the concept -- it is a very deliberate act -- but if the GM allow some refluffing it could work. Inspire can be reinterpreted as a vision of the future where things work out, or the bad things that can happen if they succumb to pinning and fear, and thus helps his comrades to overcome their current situation. Heck, both are better fits than Short-Range telepathy, so if you allow refluffing of both, I'll take it.

The power that really shines with this concept is Possibility Shield, which I will take at first chance and probably have running for most of the fights. It costs 1000 xp, so I won't start with that, but I'll get it as soon as reasonably possible.

I also want to take the We Are All One deed (rites of Battle p85). He does not seek leadership for the power or because he is suited, but because he wants to avoid the negative outcomes he can see if he doesn't put his finger on the scale.

He's very much built to fulfill a support role in a group. While he is a space marine and no stranger to fighting, he's built to help his kill-team shine, not personally hog all the glory. He'll requisition reductor and narhecium at the start of every mission, which makes him a decent medic (50 int, +20 skill from narthecium --> 10 wounds healed on a lightly damaged subject).

2. A Blood Angel Apothecary who failed to protect his mortal family before he was turned into a space marine and later recruited into the Deathwatch. He views his duties in the Deathwatch as a second chance, a God-given opportunity to prove his ability to protect his family. That's how he views his kill-team and comrades; not as allies of convenience or even friends. They are his new family, his brothers, cousins and relatives, and he will give it all to protect them. His duty is not a burden, it is a blessing, and he embraces it. As part of his duty, he also needs to retrieve any fallen family's gene-seed and return them to their chapters, but he'd rather keep them all alive than see a single member of his family die.

Mechanically he is a Blood Angel Sanguinary Priest (500xp, First Founding p43) with Protector of the Chapter (400xp, Rites of Battle p84). He is an excellent healer and will only become better. His priorities are always to protect his kill-team first, and if he is ever forced to choose between saving a teammate and fulfilling his mission, he will prefer to keep everyone alive. He might even deviate from his mission in order to save space marines that are not members of the Deathwatch.

I've tried to include some flaws you as a GMs can use as flavor, story hooks or even distractions if you want to.