Edit History

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Team FLNS

Well. It wasn't like Team FLNS would be shown up by a mere Professor, whether his Semblance was pure shenanigans or not. Fen's first shot blew one of the remaining Nevermores out of the air, and her reverse shot sent a second flying into a third. The one that was sent flying was badly damage; the one it crashed into, beak-first, was instantly destroyed.

Sorin's charged blasts of multiple Dust types caught both targets solidly, the first one taking relatively less fire but more water and lightning, badly shocking it and eroding its defenses while also giving it a pretty severe scorching. The second caught more of the fire, managing to resist the shock and most of the erosion, but suffering massive burns.

Neither of them were in much of a position to weather any sort of a follow-up attack, which would have been fine for them if Hunters worked in teams of two. Since they didn't, Nicoale blew a massive hole into the first one's chest with a partially-charged shot from Caladbolg, while Chapi blinked over to butterfly-kick the second one in the face with fire blazing around one foot and lightning crackling around the other. Both of them collapsed and started dissolving, leaving the field clear.

OOC

Battle over! Everybody take a Hero Point! I figure I'll give you guys a chance to act before having the Fable brothers do anything, since they can't necessarily easily tell that all the Nevermores are down.

Team RACL

There wasn't really much time to await any responses from JNBS, although the "HOHOHO! ROUND TWO MOTHE..." that you heard dwindling behind you suggested they had it in hand.

Rhys's Olympian speed allowed you to keep up with Vlad as he tried to flee. The light blazing from Rhys's chains burned the master vampire, slowing his defense, and all three of you managed to get hands on Jack in a concerted effort to wrest him away.

"Now, now. No take-backs!" Vlad growled, and with a surge of inhuman strength fueled by his cursed Semblance, he heaved Jack free from all of you, though whether on main force or just on the fact that if you had tried to hold on in the face of Vlad's vampiric strength he would have torn your Aura-broken classmate in half was a matter that could be debated.

Regardless, he had Jack in hand, and took off down the darkened-but-not-actually-where-you-all-were, shadows from outside of Rhys's aura of light seeming to flow to him as he ran, fading him to near invisibility.

Mechanics

Vlad:
Free: Reconfigure Serial Killer. 14 points to Scaled Opportunity, 16 points to Aura Mobility, 4 points to Shadow Form, 6 points to Potence, 16 points to Shadowblend, 28 points to Fast Healing, 14 points to Rapid Recovery.
Free: Activate Shadowblend. He gets Total Concealment from Visual, Auditory, and Olfactory senses (he doesn't have the Complication the spawn do). He can't actually conceal Jack though so this only gives him the defensive benefits.
Move: Race.
Standard: Ghost. This is a bit of an odd call on his Combat Assassin Benefit. Functionally this is an attempt to Hide and he is in combat, so I'm going to give it to him on the check, but it won't count towards his degrees of success, since in normal situations Hide wouldn't give any benefit for those.
Vlad Stealth (DC 35, +5 for Combat Assassin not applied to degree of success, -2 for Impaired) ...Fails thanks to the Impaired.
End of Turn: Restorative Regeneration clears Vulnerable.
Resistance to recover from Impaired (DC 20, -2 for Impaired, -2 for Weakness) And very much does not recover from it.

All PCs are on turn.

Robin

Chro's own dagger caught him full in the chest, and though the fell power that Vlad had placed upon him meant biological matters like poison were a fair bit less threatening to him than most, added on to the rest of the damage you had caused, his sand-colored Aura started crackling around him as his Aura levels dropped into the red. "Urkh! Why you little-!"

WHAM!  Your bat clocked him full upside the head, snapping it to the side again, only this time you were prepared for the endurance that his Semblance offered him in a mountainous environment. WHAM! you dealt another resounding blow on the backswing, they kept coming. WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WH-

Chro's Aura snapped open as he disengaged his barrier!

-AM!

With his Aura barrier disengaged, your final blow delivered its full force straight to Chro's skull. He wasn't entirely defenseless - his Aura had to be almost exhausted, but it hadn't broken, so his Semblance and the enhanced physical resilience he derived from it was still going. Even so, being as tough as solid rock only mattered so much against an unmitigated hit from a Huntsman-level weapon. There was a distinct cracking sound and Inugame was fine.

But instead of slumping to the ground, his body collapsed...into a swirl of dark vapor, two roughly eye-shaped pits of red light opening up within it.

"I'll kill you! You hear me Robin! Next time I see you you're dead!" Chro ranted, but with his body having suffered what would normally have been mortal damage, he couldn't reform until his vampiric power had a chance to repair it. "DEAD!" he yelled again, as he flowed up through one of the vents near the ceiling.

OOC

Battle over! Take a Hero Point for the victory and another one for me Fiating Chro's escape.

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Team FLNS

Well. It wasn't like Team FLNS would be shown up by a mere Professor, whether his Semblance was pure shenanigans or not. Fen's first shot blew one of the remaining Nevermores out of the air, and her reverse shot sent a second flying into a third. The one that was sent flying was badly damage; the one it crashed into, beak-first, was instantly destroyed.

Sorin's charged blasts of multiple Dust types caught both targets solidly, the first one taking relatively less fire but more water and lightning, badly shocking it and eroding its defenses while also giving it a pretty severe scorching. The second caught more of the fire, managing to resist the shock and most of the erosion, but suffering massive burns.

Neither of them were in much of a position to weather any sort of a follow-up attack, which would have been fine for them if Hunters worked in teams of two. Since they didn't, Nicoale blew a massive hole into the first one's chest with a partially-charged shot from Caladbolg, while Chapi blinked over to butterfly-kick the second one in the face with fire blazing around one foot and lightning crackling around the other. Both of them collapsed and started dissolving, leaving the field clear.

OOC

Battle over! Everybody take a Hero Point! I figure I'll give you guys a chance to act before having the Fable brothers do anything, since they can't necessarily easily tell that all the Nevermores are down.

Team RACL

There wasn't really much time to await any responses from JNBS, although the "HOHOHO! ROUND TWO MOTHE..." that you heard dwindling behind you suggested they had it in hand.

Rhys's Olympian speed allowed you to keep up with Vlad as he tried to flee. The light blazing from Rhys's chains burned the master vampire, slowing his defense, and all three of you managed to get hands on Jack in a concerted effort to wrest him away.

"Now, now. No take-backs!" Vlad growled, and with a surge of inhuman strength fueled by his cursed Semblance, he heaved Jack free from all of you, though whether on main force or just on the fact that if you had tried to hold on in the face of Vlad's vampiric strength he would have torn your Aura-broken classmate in half was a matter that could be debated.

Regardless, he had Jack in hand, and took off down the darkened-but-not-actually-where-you-all-were, shadows from outside of Rhys's aura of light seeming to flow to him as he ran, fading him to near invisibility.

Mechanics

Vlad:
Free: Reconfigure Serial Killer. 14 points to Scaled Opportunity, 16 points to Aura Mobility, 4 points to Shadow Form, 6 points to Potence, 16 points to Shadowblend, 28 points to Fast Healing, 14 points to Rapid Recovery.
Free: Activate Shadowblend. He gets Total Concealment from Visual, Auditory, and Olfactory senses (he doesn't have the Complication the spawn do). He can't actually conceal Jack though so this only gives him the defensive benefits.
Move: Race.
Standard: Ghost. This is a bit of an odd call on his Combat Assassin Benefit. Functionally this is an attempt to Hide and he is in combat, so I'm going to give it to him on the check, but it won't count towards his degrees of success, since in normal situations Hide wouldn't give any benefit for those.
Vlad Stealth (DC 35, +5 for Combat Assassin not applied to degree of success, -2 for Impaired)
End of Turn: Restorative Regeneration clears Vulnerable.
Resistance to recover from Impaired (DC 20, -2 for Impaired, -2 for Weakness)

All PCs are on turn.

Robin

Chro's own dagger caught him full in the chest, and though the fell power that Vlad had placed upon him meant biological matters like poison were a fair bit less threatening to him than most, added on to the rest of the damage you had caused, his sand-colored Aura started crackling around him as his Aura levels dropped into the red. "Urkh! Why you little-!"

WHAM!  Your bat clocked him full upside the head, snapping it to the side again, only this time you were prepared for the endurance that his Semblance offered him in a mountainous environment. WHAM! you dealt another resounding blow on the backswing, they kept coming. WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WH-

Chro's Aura snapped open as he disengaged his barrier!

-AM!

With his Aura barrier disengaged, your final blow delivered its full force straight to Chro's skull. He wasn't entirely defenseless - his Aura had to be almost exhausted, but it hadn't broken, so his Semblance and the enhanced physical resilience he derived from it was still going. Even so, being as tough as solid rock only mattered so much against an unmitigated hit from a Huntsman-level weapon. There was a distinct cracking sound and Inugame was fine.

But instead of slumping to the ground, his body collapsed...into a swirl of dark vapor, two roughly eye-shaped pits of red light opening up within it.

"I'll kill you! You hear me Robin! Next time I see you you're dead!" Chro ranted, but with his body having suffered what would normally have been mortal damage, he couldn't reform until his vampiric power had a chance to repair it. "DEAD!" he yelled again, as he flowed up through one of the vents near the ceiling.

OOC

Battle over! Take a Hero Point for the victory and another one for me Fiating Chro's escape.