Edit History

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Team RACL

Anya landed a hit to Vlad's shoulder, which when you were running at supernatural speeds while carrying a guy was not especially helpful, and Vlad...didn't quite over-balance, but it threw off his stride, although he kept his hold on Jack.

...Until Lapis made the comment about his clothes. "Really?" Vlad asked. "If you would like to discuss business once this little tussle is done with, my Scroll handle is @KillerCountChocula. Send me a qu-oh," he cut off as Lapis took advantage of his momentary distraction to yoink Jack free from his grasp. A moment later, Rhys delivered his warning and turned.

Vlad did not pursue. "Well. Hopefully I can get a new suit out of this whole debacle, at least," he grumbled to himself consolingly, before wrapping his ludicrously long cape around himself and vanishing into shadow.

By the time you guys got back to the hostel, the vampire spawn were all down (judging by the additional damage to the floor and the fact JNBS were all on one side of the room now it seems like they had Hunter'd their way out of the press and then Nick and Solstice had broken out the grenades). The dire wolves were still up and fighting but they would have had that well in hand even before you guys got back. Once you did? I mean, please. I'm not going to say they were down before Lapis and/or Solstice could finish waking Jack up, but he didn't actually get to take a combat action, so...yeah.

Jack kinda blinkingly looked around, orienting himself. "Oh," he said, a bit sardonically. "You called in RACL. ...That was mean of you."  Anya and Lapis may or may not have been a bit new to pick up on it still, but Rhys for sure would know that coming from Jack Bones that was basically equivalent to a "thank you, we owe you one".

"Hohoho! And I will sleep like a baby!"

"Are you okay?" Solstice asked him.

Jack eyed her a moment. "Are you?"

Solstice's general compassion and concern for others have been well established so I'm sure it's perfectly obvious to everybody that she was definitely not dodging that question at all when instead of answering it she suddenly looked around worriedly and asked, "Wait, where's Robin?"

"One of the vampires did the same mist-grab-thing that they did to you. I had originally assumed he would also be down here. Since he wasn't...it seems likely the vampire responsible took him to some other location. If so...he might be facing it alone," Ben said grimly.

"Aw that poor, doomed vampire!"

"What an absolute idiot."

"Well...no, one on one? Against Robin?  That doesn't make sense. Their tactics had been really good before!"

"Possibly it just dropped him in some chamber that is easy to access in gaseous form but not so easy for a corporeal being to exit? It would probably be wise to go look for him."

(I'm not saying that the thoroughly-defeated gaseous-locked Chro was even then passing through the substructure close enough to get an earful of just how stupid he had been going for Robin like that. But I'm not saying that he wasn't, either.)

OOC

Battle over! Everybody take a Hero Point!

Team FLNS

As the battle began winding down and you guys started returning to Delores, several of the Fable brothers were speaking at once.

"Well I guess we were lucky a team of veteran Hunters happened to be-" one of themFedir started saying as Fen reached the doorway (yeah you guys had just waltzed in and wiped out eight Nevermores like it wasn't no thing, they assumed you were veterans).

"Fadi, Fang, go get Fen. Don't get too close until she-" another oneFred was directing a couple of the others.

"Just hold still and let me apply the-" a thirdFeivel was telling the most-injured oneFabian, as he bandaged a deep cut in his side.

"Wait...are you...why do you look like-" anotherFadi started to ask Fen, peering at her face.

"How does this work? I mean I've seen transfor-" yet anotherFerdinand was more asking himself than anybody, as he stared wonderingly around the space-warped interior of Delores.

...And all of the talking stopped when Fen raised her weapon.

The Fable brothers were badly hurt, Aura-broken, and obviously painfully outclassed here. But they weren't cowards. Weapons came out, held at ready guards, not in threatening stances, and two of themFred and Francis moved immediately to put themselves between the apparent threat and their brothers. "Woah woah woah!" one of the twoFred who had moved to the front (the same one who had been telling Fadi and Fang to go get Fen) shouted.

"Please," one of the brothersFarly implored. "There is no need for hostility. You saved us."

The tension...did seem to diminish a bit, as Chapi explained the plan. And sure, that sounded good to them, except...

Well, they were on their guard now, no longer entirely sure you guys had purely positive intentions. And as it turned out, Fen didn't acquire her reading-people skills on sheer osmosis. "Wait, just wait a minute. What's going on here? What aren't you telling us?" the most-injured of the brothersFabian demanded.

The others seemed to trust his instincts. Fortunately, Nicoale's authoritative statement (and probably more, the fact that it seemed like the Huntress with the sniper rifle was listening to her) kept them from trying anything aggressive.

"Thank you!" the one who had tried to de-escalate things beforeFarly said. "Yes, our sister is out there. We have to get to her. She's scared. The Nevermores came...I think she awakened a Semblance. We need to-"

Fen and Nicoale stepped on-board. The doors closed behind them. And since Dr. Brown would be making his own way home, that was everybody.

VWORP!

It wasn't super-obvious that any transport had taken place, from inside Delores. The frosted windows on her door didn't let through much detail. But it wasn't exactly difficult to notice the difference between the greenery of the forest, and the blue of the sky at the top of the mountain.

You had made it back to the future. And it appeared the Fable brothers had all made it with you!

"Wait..." the one who had been staring at FenFadi asked, "What just happened?"

Whether they had wanted to or not.

OOC

Fen! Take a shiny new (well, old, but whatever) Relationship Complication!

And then take a Hero Point from it, because yeah I would say complicated is the word to describe it.

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Team RACL

Anya landed a hit to Vlad's shoulder, which when you were running at supernatural speeds while carrying a guy was not especially helpful, and Vlad...didn't quite over-balance, but it threw off his stride, although he kept his hold on Jack.

...Until Lapis made the comment about his clothes. "Really?" Vlad asked. "If you would like to discuss business once this little tussle is done with, my Scroll handle is @KillerCountChocula. Send me a qu-oh," he cut off as Lapis took advantage of his momentary distraction to yoink Jack free from his grasp. A moment later, Rhys delivered his warning and turned.

Vlad did not pursue. "Well. Hopefully I can get a new suit out of this whole debacle, at least," he grumbled to himself consolingly, before wrapping his ludicrously long cape around himself and vanishing into shadow.

By the time you guys got back to the hostel, the vampire spawn were all down (judging by the additional damage to the floor and the fact they were all on one side of the room now it seems like they had Hunter'd their way out of the press and then Nick and Solstice had broken out the grenades). The dire wolves were still up and fighting but they would have had that well in hand even before you guys got back. Once you did? I mean, please. I'm not going to say they were down before Lapis and/or Solstice could finish waking Jack up, but he didn't actually get to take a combat action, so...yeah.

Jack kinda blinkingly looked around, orienting himself. "Oh," he said, a bit sardonically. "You called in RACL. ...That was mean of you."  Anya and Lapis may or may not have been a bit new to pick up on it still, but Rhys for sure would know that coming from Jack Bones that was basically equivalent to a "thank you, we owe you one".

"Hohoho! And I will sleep like a baby!"

"Are you okay?" Solstice asked him.

Jack eyed her a moment. "Are you?"

Solstice's general compassion and concern for others have been well established so I'm sure it's perfectly obvious to everybody that she was definitely not dodging that question at all when instead of answering it she suddenly looked around worriedly and asked, "Wait, where's Robin?"

"One of the vampires did the same mist-grab-thing that they did to you. I had originally assumed he would also be down here. Since he wasn't...it seems likely the vampire responsible took him to some other location. If so...he might be facing it alone," Ben said grimly.

"Aw that poor, doomed vampire!"

"What an absolute idiot."

"Well...no, one on one? Against Robin?  That doesn't make sense. Their tactics had been really good before!"

"Possibly it just dropped him in some chamber that is easy to access in gaseous form but not so easy for a corporeal being to exit? It would probably be wise to go look for him."

(I'm not saying that the thoroughly-defeated gaseous-locked Chro was even then passing through the substructure close enough to get an earful of just how stupid he had been going for Robin like that. But I'm not saying that he wasn't, either.)

OOC

Battle over! Everybody take a Hero Point!

Team FLNS

As the battle began winding down and you guys started returning to Delores, several of the Fable brothers were speaking at once.

"Well I guess we were lucky a team of veteran Hunters happened to be-" one of themFedir started saying as Fen reached the doorway (yeah you guys had just waltzed in and wiped out eight Nevermores like it wasn't no thing, they assumed you were veterans).

"Fadi, Fang, go get Fen. Don't get too close until she-" another oneFred was directing a couple of the others.

"Just hold still and let me apply the-" a thirdFeivel was telling the most-injured oneFabian, as he bandaged a deep cut in his side.

"Wait...are you...why do you look like-" anotherFadi started to ask Fen, peering at her face.

"How does this work? I mean I've seen transfor-" yet anotherFerdinand was more asking himself than anybody, as he stared wonderingly around the space-warped interior of Delores.

...And all of the talking stopped when Fen raised her weapon.

The Fable brothers were badly hurt, Aura-broken, and obviously painfully outclassed here. But they weren't cowards. Weapons came out, held at ready guards, not in threatening stances, and two of themFred and Francis moved immediately to put themselves between the apparent threat and their brothers. "Woah woah woah!" one of the twoFred who had moved to the front (the same one who had been telling Fadi and Fang to go get Fen) shouted.

"Please," one of the brothersFarly implored. "There is no need for hostility. You saved us."

The tension...did seem to diminish a bit, as Chapi explained the plan. And sure, that sounded good to them, except...

Well, they were on their guard now, no longer entirely sure you guys had purely positive intentions. And as it turned out, Fen didn't acquire her reading-people skills on sheer osmosis. "Wait, just wait a minute. What's going on here? What aren't you telling us?" the most-injured of the brothersFabian demanded.

The others seemed to trust his instincts. Fortunately, Nicoale's authoritative statement (and probably more, the fact that it seemed like the Huntress with the sniper rifle was listening to her) kept them from trying anything aggressive.

"Thank you!" the one who had tried to de-escalate things beforeFarly said. "Yes, our sister is out there. We have to get to her. She's scared. The Nevermores came...I think she awakened a Semblance. We need to-"

Fen and Nicoale stepped on-board. The doors closed behind them. And since Dr. Brown would be making his own way home, that was everybody.

VWORP!

It wasn't super-obvious that any transport had taken place, from inside Delores. The frosted windows on her door didn't let through much detail. But it wasn't exactly difficult to notice the difference between the greenery of the forest, and the blue of the sky at the top of the mountain.

You had made it back to the future. And it appeared the Fable brothers had all made it with you!

"Wait..." the one who had been staring at FenFadi asked, "What just happened?"

Whether they had wanted to or not.

OOC

Fen! Take a shiny new (well, old, but whatever) Relationship Complication!

And then take a Hero Point from it, because yeah I would say complicated is the word to describe it.