Edit History

Arbuthnott

Arbuthnott

1.jpg.b12b02209288ffd0d0862c1427fb0697.jpg

"Hold!" Amarandé calls out. "Everyone just.. hold, for a moment. These pots don't add up... I think this is a trap." Running a hand over his skullcap in agitation, he begins to pace.

"We have so far assumed that the solution is related to the arcane elements, courtesy of Valandil. Water [C] and Earth [G] seem obvious, but Air [A] seems a slight stretch, and was that Fire [I] or simply radiance? And what of the others? Hot soil suggests Magma [E], which is one of the para-elements, but Lightning [J] is instead a quasi-element... Perhaps Valandil is correct and we only have to fill four of the indentations, but then which is Earth: the hot dirt [E] or the vessel of clay [G], or even the skeletal visage [F]?"

"My thoughts keep returning to the symbol Valandil translated for us, the obvious hint that prompted this line of thinking. Why is it there? Shraevyn would have surely been able to remember the solution, so why leave a clue that would allow unwanted guests free access to his abode? It makes no sense! Unless it's a false lead; it's what I'd do.. and we've already encountered two mechanical traps, one of which was behind an obvious route forward."

Sitting crosslegged on the flood, he beckons Korlar over and begins to idly scratch the mastiff behind the ear. "There is another avenue of thought... Perhaps more clear than their corresponding elements, all eight of the primary schools of magic seem to be present among us. The invisible pot [A] represents Illusion, while the scrying water [C] is obviously Divination. The skull [F] is a symbol of Necromancy, and the snake [H] is clearly Conjuration. The lightning [J] would be Evocation... and the pot that opened my coffers [B] is probably Alteration... hmm.."

"The vision of a magical weapon [D] could either be Enchantment or Abjuration, although since nothing better represents enchantment I am more inclined in that direction.. Both of the earth pots [E&G] could be Alteration or Evocation, depending on the nature of their enchantment.. and that fiery light [I]? Was that Evocation or Abjuration? It is a complicated subject for sure, and I would never profess to be an expert."

"What do you all think? I know that not all of you are learned in the arcane arts, but doesn't this room stink of something foul to any of you? I just don't trust it."

Arbuthnott

Arbuthnott

1.jpg.b12b02209288ffd0d0862c1427fb0697.jpg

"Hold!" Amarandé calls out. "Everyone just.. hold, for a moment. These pots don't add up... I think this is a trap." Running a hand over his skullcap in agitation, he begins to pace.

"We have so far assumed that the solution is related to the arcane elements, courtesy of Valandil. Water [C] and Earth [G] seem obvious, but Air [A] seems a slight stretch, and was that Fire [I] or simply radiance? And what of the others? Hot soil suggests Magma [E], which is one of the para-elements, but Lightning [J] is instead a quasi-element... Perhaps Valandil is correct and we only have to fill four of the indentations, but then which is Earth: the hot dirt [E] or the vessel of clay [G], or even the skeletal visage [F]?"

"My thoughts keep returning to the symbol Valandil translated for us, the obvious hint that prompted this line of thinking. Why is it there? Shraevyn would have surely been able to remember the solution, so why leave a clue that would allow unwanted guests free access to his abode? It makes no sense! Unless it's a false lead; it's what I'd do.. and we've already encountered two mechanical traps, one of which was behind an obvious route forward."

Sitting crosslegged on the flood, he beckons Korlar over and begins to idly scratch the mastiff behind the ear. "There is another avenue of thought... Perhaps more clear than their corresponding elements, all eight of the primary schools of magic seem to be present among us. The invisible pot [A] represents Illusion, while the scrying water [C] is obviously Divination. The skull [F] is a symbol of Necromancy, and the snake [H] is clearly Conjuration. The lightning [J] would be Evocation... and the pot that opened my coffers [B] is probably Alteration... hmm.."

"The vision of a magical weapon [D] could either be Enchantment or Abjuration, although since nothing better represents enchantment I am more inclined in that direction.. Both of the earth pots [E&G] could be Alteration or Evocation, depending on the nature of their enchantment.. and that fiery light? Was that Evocation or Abjuration? It is a complicated subject for sure, and I would never profess to be an expert."

"What do you all think? I know that not all of you are learned in the arcane arts, but doesn't this room stink of something foul to any of you? I just don't trust it."