Professor Crisp - Human Gladiator Illusionist Wizard

Cointhief

Professor Crisp

Human Gladiator Illusionist Wizard

Character images for my dungeons and dragons characters (mostly females) |  Dungeons and dragons characters, Character portraits, Fantasy art women

Name: 'Professor' Novyn Crisp

Character Concept:

A hot-headed street-fighting arcane duelist (more 4D chess than blasty energy balls). Channeling kung-fu and anime tropes, with a wizardly twist. 'Professor' is like a stage name.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Human, Gladiator, Illusionist

Description/Past is Prologue:

★ Reputation reflects that she has had her ass kicked publicly more times than anyone can remember, typically by coming up with hyper-overly complicated schemes that are wholly ineffective

★ Eats fish tacos exclusively (stubbornly refuses other fare)

★ Talks loftily about 'technique' but it all sounds more like BS

★ Hardcore gambling addict, willing to bet on just about anything...even the completely absurd. Cheats often but not on locals

★ Rarely seen without a black eye, singed eyebrows, partially transmuted limb, or busted lip, constantly training for the next underground brawl

★Associates/crashes with an exotic ex-pirate tribal woman that treats her like a daughter, named Rummy. Claims certain infused teas enhance her fighting abilities, which Crisp stupidly believes

★ Idolizes a character known as 'the Great Vicario' who most agree was not a real person, a fellow arcane duelist known for uncanny tactics

★ Crisp's eyes are ever looking halfway into her own imagination. Her hair is a quick afterthought, suspicious holes filled with patches of glamour magic. The Professor's skin carries a peculiar scent like vanilla and fish...

Your Character’s Plothook:

Crisp heard a rumor that the Great Vicario learned his 'Over the Shoulder Boulder Thrower' technique from a semi-sentient talking stone which is now the namesake of Nightstone. Crisp has come eager to get the stone talking, and seeks to persuade it to spill the beans in exchange for what rocks love most: stability. She bears a (forged) written official document promising the rock a permanent position in the center of town.

Is Might Right? Certainly not. That's ridiculous. Truth is right...when molded into the most believable form.

Deity: Mask. The Blackheart's eternal tales of god-level intrigue have been Novyn's favorite stories since she was a little girl. Layers upon layers of deception, with effects and results so subtle that speculations fill tomes...from Crisp's perspective Mask is the greatest puzzle to solve, for at least magic gives up its secrets with enough effort.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIj3tuQTDY

Representative Color: This.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)
Name
Set 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 1,1,6,2,1,1,5,5,6,4,1,6,2,4,6,3,2,5,3,2,5,1,2,4
Set 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 4,1,2,6,1,2,6,2,1,5,3,4,5,3,2,2,4,1,5,5,5,6,1,1
Set 3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 3,3,1,3,1,6,6,2,4,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1,5,3,5,4,2,6,5

Posted (edited)

Professor Crisp Wizard 1 Character images for my dungeons and dragons characters (mostly females) |  Dungeons and dragons characters, Character portraits, Fantasy art women

8.14.10.18.12.14 | init +2 | AC 12 | HP 6/6 | HD 1 | AR 1 | Sup 1

Arcana +6, Deception +6*, Insight +4, Investigation +6, Sleight of Hand +4, Stealth +4, thieves' tools +4

Slots: 00

In the fabricated reality of Crisp's wild scheme...

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

So, I sort of merged the Description and Past is Prologue parts. I am the kind of person to develop a character way more in game, based on things that happen in the game and with other characters, than to plan a bunch. I don't know anything about Dirty Harry's parents or family but he is still an awesome character.

But if you need more, just ask.

Also, full disclosure, I have been DM for this adventure in the past. Of course I can separate the two experiences. I play for the creative writing elements of pbp.

Thanks for taking a look.

Sorry for the lateness in reviewing this app. I needed a break for a couple of days.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:58 AM, Cointhief said:

Professor Crisp

Human Gladiator Illusionist Wizard

Character images for my dungeons and dragons characters (mostly females) |  Dungeons and dragons characters, Character portraits, Fantasy art women

Name: 'Professor' Novyn Crisp

Character Concept:

A hot-headed street-fighting arcane duelist (more 4D chess than blasty energy balls). Channeling kung-fu and anime tropes, with a wizardly twist. 'Professor' is like a stage name.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Human, Gladiator, Illusionist

I never would have thought to combine a gladiator and a wizard. Could be an interesting combo!

Description/Past is Prologue:

★ Reputation reflects that she has had her ass kicked publicly more times than anyone can remember, typically by coming up with hyper-overly complicated schemes that are wholly ineffective

★ Eats fish tacos exclusively (stubbornly refuses other fare)

★ Talks loftily about 'technique' but it all sounds more like BS

★ Hardcore gambling addict, willing to bet on just about anything...even the completely absurd. Cheats often but not on locals

★ Rarely seen without a black eye, singed eyebrows, partially transmuted limb, or busted lip, constantly training for the next underground brawl

★Associates/crashes with an exotic ex-pirate tribal woman that treats her like a daughter, named Rummy. Claims certain infused teas enhance her fighting abilities, which Crisp stupidly believes

★ Idolizes a character known as 'the Great Vicario' who most agree was not a real person, a fellow arcane duelist known for uncanny tactics

★ Crisp's eyes are ever looking halfway into her own imagination. Her hair is a quick afterthought, suspicious holes filled with patches of glamour magic. The Professor's skin carries a peculiar scent like vanilla and fish...

(@_@); This is all so . . .

It's not bad to be sure! Just . . . very . . . non-sequitur if I were to put a nice spin to it . . . or very random.

Yet, so descriptive.

Your Character’s Plothook:

Crisp heard a rumor that the Great Vicario learned his 'Over the Shoulder Boulder Thrower' technique from a semi-sentient talking stone which is now the namesake of Nightstone. Crisp has come eager to get the stone talking, and seeks to persuade it to spill the beans in exchange for what rocks love most: stability. She bears a (forged) written official document promising the rock a permanent position in the center of town.

I like that you made a hook of your own. So . . . SO . . . random!

Deity: Mask. The Blackheart's eternal tales of god-level intrigue have been Novyn's favorite stories since she was a little girl. Layers upon layers of deception, with effects and results so subtle that speculations fill tomes...from Crisp's perspective Mask is the greatest puzzle to solve, for at least magic gives up its secrets with enough effort.

image.png.f57627363bdf306ac37939d664791fb2.pngThis explains so much.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:10 AM, Cointhief said:

Also, full disclosure, I have been DM for this adventure in the past. Of course I can separate the two experiences. I play for the creative writing elements of pbp.

This isn't a problem for me. If anything, it means that you can metagame the correct way, which is to facilitate the game's flow when others are inadvertently pulling the game in a direction it isn't supposed to go.

Anyway, sorry, again, for the delay in reviewing. I'll unlock the Pre-Game IC-Thread for you.

Yes, I get it, nutty. ;) Basically I want to play a utility wizard, I love problem solving in tabletop. The absurdity is a way to justify her outside-the-box solutions which will almost always be equally absurd. Also, its just fun.

I am much better (I think anyways) building off in-game posts from DM and players than coming up with something from nothing like backstories require. Thanks for being ok with the bullet points style.

Hopefully my IC posts in the pre-game will bring some clarity to the general idea here.

Who dis???

Are you part of the selection committee?

Yeah, I don't really like listening to a bunch of music to find one I like. I make music with a synth similar to the ones used in that collection. So, if I ever play a song about a DnD character, it will be on that.

3 hours ago, Cointhief said:

Who dis???

Are you part of the selection committee?

Yeah, I don't really like listening to a bunch of music to find one I like. I make music with a synth similar to the ones used in that collection. So, if I ever play a song about a DnD character, it will be on that.

No, fellow player like yourself. I just like clicking on all the applications to see what music people have chosen. Sometimes I find new gems to add to my playlists. I didn't mean to come off as judgmental towards your music taste. As I said, I liked it.