Lidda Hilltopple - Ghostwise Halfling Rune Carver Druid

Ayeba

Curly halfling   Name: Lidda Hilltopple

Character Concept:

Roleplaying wise: A amiable halfling druid who seeks knowledge of runes, eager to help wherever she is needed.

Role wise: A swiss army knife character who from level 2 brings tanking, damage, crowd control, healing and plenty of utility to the party.

Lineage: Ghostwise Halfling (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p110)

Background: Rune Carver (Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants p14)

Planned Subclass: Circle of the Moon.

Description: Lidda may only be three feet tall, but she carries herself with confidence befitting a much larger person. She is friendly and respectful towards friends and strangers and eager to listen to others' tales of both good and bad. If push comes to shove, she is unafraid to stand up for what she believes in, even in the face of vastly larger opposition.

Her youthful face is topped by a nest of curly, unruly brown hair, which she occasionally adorns with whatever pretty flowers or leaves she finds. More often than not, she has an easy, inviting smile. Her golden eyes stand out as uncommon among her kin. She likes to dress in natural colors, punctuated by two pendants she has crafted and carved with runes herself.

A watchful observer might pick up on the fact that she never willingly reveals any skin outside her face and hands. This is not just modesty; she has issues with her own body. She is weak, even for a halfling, and does not want others to see her slender body. It is a sore point for her, and a place where her courage falls flat.

Lidda will rarely be the first person to resort to violence, but she has lines she does not want crossed. If anyone threads dangerous waters, she will politely let them know. If they keep going, her easygoing attitude fades in favor of a scornful expression that paints a clear picture of her displeasure.

Plothook: Lidda was following her mentor's advice to learn more about runes in the Savage Frontier to learn more about runes, when she heard the call for help against goblins. As long as she is in a position to assist, she would never turn down a cry for help. The reward is of les importance; her motivation is towards helping the people. If possible, she would like to find a peaceful solution rather than solve the problem through force.

curly-girl-surprised-eyes.jpg.205c75fa5ce8d8b14947c5724f2968c8.jpgPrologue: At the age of 21, Lidda observed a group of travelers making their way through her forest. When a bear attacked, an old dwarven woman grew into an even larger bear, and grappled the attacker into submission.

Spellbound by the feat, Lidda telepathically contacted the woman. Maybe the dwarf could help her with her crippling weakness? The woman accepted Lidda as her apprentice, provided her family would accepted her decision. Her father was encouraging, but her mother was devastated; why was she willing to throw away her mother's druidic teachings? Lidda assured her mother that was not her intention; she wanted to do continue her career while also learning from the dwarven woman.

In the end, her family let her go. That started a year-long apprenticeship to the dwarf woman, Torbera Stonescale. The old woman brought Lidda back to her ancestral home. The underground stone citadel did not agree with Lidda's desire for nature, but she endured as long as she could. She learned both of Torbera's trades: Her skill with carving runes, as well as her expertise in crafting jewels that could be used to hold said runes.

Torbera could clearly see that her apprentice was tormented by the life underground. As soon as Lidda had memorized all the runes, Torbera sent her north, to learn more of runes in the lands of their originators; the giants. It wasn't only for the runes themselves; Lidda would also need experience to learn to combine runes and achieve greater feats.

Loyalties: On her way to the Savage Frontier, Lidda came in contact with a bard that told her about the Harpers. The prospect of defending the innocent from Evil strongly resonated with Lidda's idealistic beliefs, and she would not be adverse to joining them if she got an invitation. Unbeknownst to her, the half-orc bard was an agent of the Harpers himself, and passed along notes on the prospecting candidate to others within his organization.

Is Might Right? As someone who was born physically weak, Lidda has been cowed plenty of times by her stronger brethren. She hates the implication that someone is right just because they are strong. In her ideal world, the strong would not use their strength to rule, but help those in need.

Deity: Lidda worships all of the halfling gods, but places particular emphasis on three gods: Yondolla, creator of the halfling race as well goddess of fertility and protection; Cyrrollalee, goddess of trust, friendship and hospitality; and Sheela Peryroyl, goddess of nature, song, dance, agriculture, and romantic love.

Music: Lidda feels at home in the wild, but is curious about other places as well. She understands that not every conflict can be resolved peacefully, but tries to maintain her calm even in the face of opposition. (Spotify links: nature, curiosity and opposition)

Edited by Ayeba
(Minor edits) (see edit history)
Name
Ability scores #1
repeat(keep(4d6,highest,3),6) 6,3,6,6,6,2,1,3,6,4,2,1,3,2,1,1,6,4,1,5,6,3,6,4
Ability scores #2
repeat(keep(4d6,highest,3),6) 3,3,2,2,1,1,5,3,3,1,1,5,1,3,6,1,2,4,3,5,5,6,5,6
Ability scores #3
repeat(keep(4d6,highest,3),6) 4,3,4,5,3,4,4,3,2,6,6,5,5,3,4,2,1,5,2,5,1,2,4,6

Posted (edited)

Lidda-Hilltopple-Portrait.png.46ed78ed5fd72380b9625c9b593577bd.pngLidda Hilltopple Ghostwise Halfling Rune Carver Druid 1

Strength: 6 (-2)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 20 (+5)
Charisma: 11 (+0)

AC: 17
HP: 11/11
PP: 17

Lidda looked at the others. "We're still alive, at least." I hope I'm not jinxing it.

OOC

Spells

Spellcasting

Modifier (Wis): +5
Spell Attack: +7
Save DC: 15

Cantrips

1. Guidance
  2. Thorn Whip

1st-Level

2 Spell Slots

1. [x] Comperehend Languages (rune)
  2. [x] Armor of Agathys (rune)
  3. [x] Absorb Elements
  4. [x] Healing Word
  5. [x] Entangle
  6. [x] Speak with Animals
  7. [x] Goodberry
  8. [x] Detect Magic (ritual)

Stat Block

%5Bb%5DLidda%20Hilltopple%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bi%5DGhostwise%20Halfling%20Druid%201%5B%2Fi%5D%20%0ASmall%20humanoid%2C%20Good%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAC%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%20%5Bb%5DHP%5B%2Fb%5D%2011%20%5Bb%5DSpeed%5B%2Fb%5D%2025%20ft%20%5Bb%5DInitiative%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B3%0A%0A%5Bb%5DStr%5B%2Fb%5D%206%20(-2)%20%5Bb%5DDex%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%20(%2B3)%20%5Bb%5DCon%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%20(%2B3)%0A%5Bb%5DInt%5B%2Fb%5D%2012%20(%2B1)%20%5Bb%5DWis%5B%2Fb%5D%2020%20(%2B5)%20%5Bb%5DCha%5B%2Fb%5D%2011%20(%2B0)%0A%0A%5Bb%5DSaves%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bi%5DStr%5B%2Fi%5D%20-2%20%5Bi%5DDex%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B3%20%5Bi%5DCon%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B3%0A%5Bi%5DInt%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B3%20%5Bi%5DWis%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B7%20%5Bi%5DCha%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B0%0A%0A%5Bb%5DSkill%20proficiencies%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bi%5DHistory%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B3%2C%20%5Bi%5DNature%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B3%2C%20%5Bi%5DPerception%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B7%2C%20%5Bi%5DSurvival%5B%2Fi%5D%20%2B7%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DTool%20proficincies%5B%2Fb%5D%0AHerbalism%20kit%2C%20Jeweler's%20tools%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAttacks%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bi%5DScimitar%5B%2Fi%5D%201d20%2B5%2C%201d6%2B3%20slashing%0A%5Bi%5DThorn%20Whip%20(30%20ft)%5B%2Fi%5D%201d20%2B7%2C%201d6%20piercing%0A%0A%5Bb%5DRacial%20Features%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bi%5DLucky%3A%5B%2Fi%5D%20Reroll%201s%20on%20d20s%0A%5Bi%5DBrave%3A%5B%2Fi%5D%20Advantage%20vs%20frightened.%0A%5Bi%5DHalfling%20Nimbleness%3A%5B%2Fi%5D%20Move%20through%20spaces%20of%20larger%20creatures.%20%0A%5Bi%5DSilent%20Speech%3A%5B%2Fi%5D%20Speak%20telepathically%20with%20creature%20within%2030%20feet.%20Must%20share%20language.%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DDruid%20Features%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%0A%5Bi%5DSpellcasting%3A%5B%2Fi%5D%201d20%2B7%20%2F%20DC%2015%2C%206%20prepared%20spells%0A%0A%5Bb%5DFeats%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0ARune%20Shaper%0A%0A%5Bb%5DLanguages%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0ACommon%2C%20Halfling%2C%20Druidic%2C%20Giant%0A%5Bi%5DSee%20also%20Silent%20Speech%20above.%5B%2Fi%5D
Lidda Hilltopple
Ghostwise Halfling Druid 1
Small humanoid, Good

AC 16 HP 11 Speed 25 ft Initiative +3

Str 6 (-2) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3)
Int 12 (+1) Wis 20 (+5) Cha 11 (+0)

Saves
Str -2 Dex +3 Con +3
Int +3 Wis +7 Cha +0

Skill proficiencies
History +3, Nature +3, Perception +7, Survival +7

Tool proficincies
Herbalism kit, Jeweler's tools

Attacks
Scimitar 1d20+5, 1d6+3 slashing
Thorn Whip (30 ft) 1d20+7, 1d6 piercing

Racial Features:
Lucky: Reroll 1s on d20s
Brave: Advantage vs frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: Move through spaces of larger creatures.
Silent Speech: Speak telepathically with creature within 30 feet. Must share language.

Druid Features:
Spellcasting: 1d20+7 / DC 15, 6 prepared spells

Feats:
Rune Shaper

Languages:
Common, Halfling, Druidic, Giant
See also Silent Speech above.

Inventory

Gp: 5 Sp: - Cp: -

Equipped

1. Scimitar
  2. Wooden Shield
  3. Leather Armor
  4. Common Clothes
  5. Druidic Focus
  6. Small knife
  7. Money pouch

Backpack

1. Jeweler's tools
  2. Herbalism kit
  3. Whetstone
  4. Explorer's Pack
    • Backpack
    • Bedroll
    • Mess Kit
    • Tinderbox
    • 10 torches
    • 10 days of rations
    • Waterskin
    • 50 ft of hempen rope

Edited by Ayeba
(Added link on picture) (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Wild Shapes

Forest:

Baboon - 0 - MM
Badger - 0 - MM
Cat - 0 - MM
Deer - 0 - MM
Hyena - 0 - MM
Owl - 0 - MM

Blood Hawk - 1/8 - MM
Flying Snake - 1/8 - MM
Giant Rat - 1/8 - MM
Giant Weasel - 1/8 - MM
Mastiff - 1/8 - MM
Poisonous Snake - 1/8 - MM

Boar - 1/4 - MM
Constrictor Snake - 1/4 - MM
Elk - 1/4 - MM
Giant Badger - 1/4 - MM
Giant Bat - 1/4 - MM
Giant Frog - 1/4 - MM
Giant Lizard - 1/4 - MM
Giant Owl - 1/4 - MM
Giant Poisonous Snake - 1/4 - MM
Giant Wolf Spider - 1/4 - MM
Panther - 1/4 - MM
Wolf - 1/4 - MM

Ape - 1/2 - MM
Black Bear - 1/2 - MM
Giant Wasp - 1/2 - MM

Brown Bear - 1 - MM
Dire Wolf - 1 - MM
Giant Hyena - 1 - MM
Giant Spider - 1 - MM
Giant Toad - 1 - MM
Tiger - 1 - MM

Cave Bear - 2 - MM
Giant Boar - 2 - MM
Giant Constrictor Snake - 2 - MM
Giant Elk - 2 - MM

Misc

(All of these can appear on
any other list, within reason)

Almiraj - 0 - ToA
Bat - 0 - MM
Crow - 0 - WDMM
Falcon - 0 - WDH
Fish - 0 - GoS
Flying Monkey - 0 - ToA
Fox - 0 - IDRotF
Frog - 0 - MM
Hare - 0 - IDRotF
Hawk - 0 - MM
Kingsport - 0 - IDRotF
Knucklehead Trout - 0 - IDRotF
Lizard - 0 - MM
Octopus - 0 - MM
Peacock - 0 - BGDIA
Pig - 0 - SKT
Rooster - 0 - JttRC
Sea Horse - 0 - MM
Seal - 0 - IDRotF
Sheep - 0 - SKT
Spider - 0 - MM
Weasel - 0 - MM
Wild Dog - 0 - ToA

Mountain Goat - 1/8 - IDRotF

Cave Badger - 1/4 - OotA
Giant Riding Lizard - 1/4 - OotA
Giant Snail - 1/4 - WBtW
Golden Stag - 1/4 - HotDQ
Reindeer - 1/4 - IDRotF
Sled Dog - 1/4 - RoT
Walrus - 1/4 - IDRotF
Yak - 1/4 - SKT
Zebra - 1/4 - ToA

Giant Canary - 1/2 - FTD
Giant Dragonfly - 1/2 - WBtW
Giant Sea Eel - 1/2 - GoS

Giant Flying Spider - 1 - WDMM
Giant Raven - 1 - SKT
Giant Rocktopus - 1 - OotA
Giant Swan - 1 - WBtW
Ice Spider - 1 - SKT
Snow Leopard - 1 - TftYP
Spider King - 1 - OotA
Young Winter Wolf - 1 - TftYP

Giant Crayfish - 2 - TftYP
Giant White Moray Eel - 2 - GoS
Huge Polar Bear - 2 - TftYP
Ice Spider Queen - 2 - SKT
Relic Sloth - 2 - SCC
Young Bulette - 2 - PotA

Giant Lightning Eel - 3 - TftYP
Giant Snapping Turtle - 3 - ToA
Spotted Lion - 3 - BGG

Giant Coral Snake - 4 - GoS
Giant Subterranean Lizard - 4 - TftYP
Giant Walrus - 4 - IDRotF

Elder Giant Lizard - 5 - TftYP
Hulking Crab - 5 - SKT
Titanothere - 5 - BGG

Hill:

Baboon - 0 - MM
Eagle - 0 - MM
Goat - 0 - MM
Hyena - 0 - MM
Raven - 0 - MM
Vulture - 0 - MM

Blood Hawk - 1/8 - MM
Giant Weasel - 1/8 - MM
Mastiff - 1/8 - MM
Mule - 1/8 - MM
Poisonous Snake - 1/8 - MM

Axe Beak - 1/4 - MM
Boar - 1/4 - MM
Elk - 1/4 - MM
Giant Owl - 1/4 - MM
Giant Wolf Spider - 1/4 - MM
Panther - 1/4 - MM
Wolf - 1/4 - MM

Giant Goat - 1/2 - MM

Brown Bear - 1 - MM
Dire Wolf - 1 - MM
Giant Eagle - 1 - MM
Giant Hyena - 1 - MM
Lion - 1 - MM

Aurochs (Cattle) - 2 - MPMM
Giant Boar - 2 - MM
Giant Elk - 2 - MM

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

On 3/21/2024 at 5:09 PM, Ayeba said:

Curly halflingName: Lidda Hilltopple

Cute name, and super cute picture! I play entirely too many cute characters. Cute is good.

Character Concept: A amiable halfling druid who seeks knowledge of runes, eager to help wherever she is needed.

Sounds good, if a tad vague-ish. I suppose I'll see more how you intend to fit her into a party and the adventure, below.

Description: Lidda may only be three feet tall, but she carries herself with confidence befitting a much larger person. She is friendly and respectful towards friends and strangers and eager to listen to others' tales of both good and bad. If push comes to shove, she is unafraid to stand up for what she believes in, even in the face of vastly larger opposition.

Her youthful face is topped by a nest of curly, unruly brown hair, which she occasionally adorns with whatever pretty flowers or leaves she finds. More often than not, she has an easy, inviting smile. Her golden eyes stand out as uncommon among her kin. She likes to dress in natural colors, punctuated by two pendants she has crafted and carved with runes herself.

A watchful observer might pick up on the fact that she never willingly reveals any skin outside her face and hands. This is not just modesty; she has issues with her own body. She is weak, even for a halfling, and does not want others to see her slender body. It is a sore point for her, and a place where her courage falls flat.

Lidda will rarely be the first person to resort to violence, but she has lines she does not want crossed. If anyone threads dangerous waters, she will politely let them know. If they keep going, her easygoing attitude fades in favor of a scornful expression that paints a clear picture of her displeasure.

Good description.

I suspect that no scenarios will occur that would encroach on those lines, if I'm reading what you wrote right.

Plothook: Lidda was following her mentor's advice to learn more about runes in the Savage Frontier to learn more about runes, when she heard the call for help against goblins. As long as she is in a position to assist, she would never turn down a cry for help. The reward is of les importance; her motivation is towards helping the people. If possible, she would like to find a peaceful solution rather than solve the problem through force.

Sounds good. Just to be clear, she's heard rumors of goblins attacking Nightstone, but she's just arrived in Daggerford, which is a few days ride from Nighstone.

curly-girl-surprised-eyes.jpg.205c75fa5ce8d8b14947c5724f2968c8.jpgPrologue: At the age of 21, Lidda observed a group of travelers making their way through her forest. When a bear attacked, an old dwarven grew to more than twice her size, and grappled the bear into submission despite her age.

Spellbound by the feat, Lidda telepathically contacted the woman. Maybe the dwarf could help her with her crippling weakness? The woman accepted Lidda as her apprentice, provided her family would accepted her decision. Her father was encouraging, but her mother was devastated; why was she willing to throw away her mother's druidic teachings? Lidda assured her mother that was not her intention; she wanted to do continue her career while also learning from the dwarven woman.

In the end, her family let her go. That started a year-long apprenticeship to the dwarf woman, Torbera Stonescale. The old woman brought Lidda back to her ancestral home. The underground stone citadel did not agree with Lidda's desire for nature, but she endured as long as she could. She learned both of Torbera's trades: Her skill with carving runes, as well as her expertise in crafting jewels that could be used to hold said runes.

Torbera could clearly see that her apprentice was tormented by the life underground. As soon as Lidda had memorized all the runes, Torbera sent her north, to learn more of runes in the lands of their originators; the giants. It wasn't only for the runes themselves; Lidda would also need experience to learn to combine runes and achieve greater feats.

Another adorable picture!

So her mother was a druid, too, but a different kind, I guess?

I like that she's a crafter, too! Make sure to look for excuses to do your craft in the game! As a jeweler, that should put her in contact with nobles—the kinds of people who can afford to buy jewels regularly. Or does she let merchants purchase her jewelry in bulk and sell it at a profit elsewhere?

Anyway, good, plausible explanation for why she's headed to the savage frontier.

Loyalties: On her way to the Savage Frontier, Lidda came in contact with a bard that told her about the Harpers. The prospect of defending the innocent from Evil strongly resonated with Lidda's idealistic beliefs, and she would not be adverse to joining them if she got an invitation. Unbeknownst to her, the half-orc bard was an agent of the Harpers himself, and passed along notes on the prospecting candidate to others within his organization.

Interesting choice. I'm surprised that she didn't opt for the emerald enclave, but then again, maybe she doesn't interact with nature in the same way they do?

Is Might Right? As someone who was born physically weak, Lidda has been cowed plenty of times by her stronger brethren. She hates the implication that someone is right just because they are strong. In her ideal world, the strong would not use their strength to rule, but help those in need.

Sounds like someone who needs to level up and get strong so she can be the change she wants to see in the world!

Deity: Lidda worships all of the halfling gods, but places particular emphasis on Yondolla, Sheela Peryroyl and Cyrrollalee.

Nice. I must confess that I'm not strong on all the gods in FR, so I'll have to look them up to see what about them has attracted her to them.

Music: Lidda feels at home in the wild, but she is curious about other places as well. She understands that not every conflict can be resolved peacefully, but tries to maintain her calm even in the face of opposition.

I don't have a spotify account and I'm not planning on opening one. I don't suppose you could give me youtube links, instead?

Anyway, app reviewed. I'll add your name to the Pre-Game IC-Thread!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Cute name, and super cute picture! I play entirely too many cute characters. Cute is good.

Guilty as charged. I find name Hilltopple a bit hilarious, considering we're almost certainly going to topple hills... or at least hill giants.

Sounds good, if a tad vague-ish. I suppose I'll see more how you intend to fit her into a party and the adventure, below.

Is the character concept supposed to be more on the mechanical side? The term 'Character concept' is a big ambiguous, so I've added a description of role as well:

A swiss army knife character who from level 2 brings tanking, damage, crowd control, healing and plenty of utility to the party.

Good description.

I suspect that no scenarios will occur that would encroach on those lines, if I'm reading what you wrote right.

I suspect you are reading more into it than I intended. Lidda has issues, but I, as a player, wouldn't mind exploring topics that Lidda would find mighty uncomfortable. As long as they don't cross into the realm of sexual assault, I'm all for appropriate roleplaying challenges.

Another adorable picture!

curly-girl-surprised-0.5.jpg.417f0afbe8bc032cfd2c592673eb7f2a.jpgHere's the original, but since it's AI generated there are some weird glitches there. See how the earring on her left don't look right, as well as the weird headband that defies the law of physics. I just cut out the middle part, where it avoids all the weirdness. It is super cute, though.

So her mother was a druid, too, but a different kind, I guess?

That's kind of undefined, but yes, Lidda mixes runes with her mother's druidic teachings, creating a blend unique to her.

I like that she's a crafter, too! Make sure to look for excuses to do your craft in the game! As a jeweler, that should put her in contact with nobles—the kinds of people who can afford to buy jewels regularly. Or does she let merchants purchase her jewelry in bulk and sell it at a profit elsewhere?

Anyway, good, plausible explanation for why she's headed to the savage frontier.

You are literally the first GM to encourage me to apply my trade. I can think of literally one previous case where I found use for an artisan tool; to win a cooking contest. Thieves' tools? Sure, but they're not artisan tools.

Interesting choice. I'm surprised that she didn't opt for the emerald enclave, but then again, maybe she doesn't interact with nature in the same way they do?

I looked them up on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, and under Initiation it reads

Initiates were required to serve neither good nor evil (...)

Yeah, no. Lidda would like their focus on nature, but not their ideas that it's bad to be good. She's an idealist, even if it is tempered by some pragmatism.

Sounds like someone who needs to level up and get strong so she can be the change she wants to see in the world!

Level 2 is a huge milestone for her; Wild shape will provide her the strength she has always wanted. I look forward to roleplaying it.

Nice. I must confess that I'm not strong on all the gods in FR, so I'll have to look them up to see what about them has attracted her to them.

I've expanded with more details:

Lidda worships all of the halfling gods, but places particular emphasis on three gods: Yondolla, creator of the halfling race as well goddess of fertility and protection; Cyrrollalee, goddess of trust, friendship and hospitality; and Sheela Peryroyl, goddess of nature, song, dance, agriculture, and romantic love.

I don't have a spotify account and I'm not planning on opening one. I don't suppose you could give me youtube links, instead?

I thought you could listen to Spotify tracks even without an account. Never mind; used YouTube links instead. Here are the updated links, for your convenience:

Lidda feels at home in the wild, but is curious about other places as well. She understands that not every conflict can be resolved peacefully, but tries to maintain her calm even in the face of opposition

Anyway, app reviewed. I'll add your name to the Pre-Game IC-Thread!

Cheers!

Edited by Ayeba
(Minor edits) (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

A swiss army knife character who from level 2 brings tanking, damage, crowd control, healing and plenty of utility to the party.

Thank you! The first description felt like "Gap-filler". This one feels more definitive and goal-oriented. Helps me decide where to put her when I start putting together parties.

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

You are literally the first GM to encourage me to apply my trade. I can think of literally one previous case where I found use for an artisan tool; to win a cooking contest. Thieves' tools? Sure, but they're not artisan tools.

I'm actually sorry to hear that! I use my painters' supplies all the time with Wendy in Gregorotto's game, and he goes out of his way to incorporate her art into the story, too! But like I said, you'll also need to look for excuses to insert it into the game.

So, how do you envision being a jeweler to affect her social circles? Like I said, if she's selling direct, that should put her in contact with a lot of nobles and allow her to navigate social circles that she might not otherwise have had access too.

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

Lidda worships all of the halfling gods, but places particular emphasis on three gods: Yondolla, creator of the halfling race as well goddess of fertility and protection; Cyrrollalee, goddess of trust, friendship and hospitality, and Sheela Peryroyl, goddess of nature, song, dance, agriculture, and romantic love.

Awesome, thanks!

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

curly-girl-surprised-0.5.jpg.417f0afbe8bc032cfd2c592673eb7f2a.jpgHere's the original, but since it's AI generated there are some weird glitches there. See how the earring on her left don't look right, as well as the weird headband that defies the law of physics. I just cut out the middle part, where it avoids all the weirdness. It is super cute, though.

Adorable! I do a lot of AI art gen'ing and I've completely lost the ability to see 'wrong' details. LOL Nothing looked amiss until you pointed it out, specifically!

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

I thought you could listen to Spotify tracks even without an account. Never mind; used YouTube links instead. Here are the updated links, for your convenience:

Lidda feels at home in the wild, but is curious about other places as well. She understands that not every conflict can be resolved peacefully, but tries to maintain her calm even in the face of opposition

Ooh! Thanks! I hear these, look at your character art, and read your BG and it all feels very cohesive and solid.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Thank you! The first description felt like "Gap-filler". This one feels more definitive and goal-oriented. Helps me decide where to put her when I start putting together parties.

May I suggest you change the description in the application guideline to better reflect what you're looking for?

Character Concept. Pitch your character in one sentence.

On the top of my head, something like "Write a one sentence pitch for what kind of roles you see your character fulfilling in a party."?

So, how do you envision being a jeweler to affect her social circles? Like I said, if she's selling direct, that should put her in contact with a lot of nobles and allow her to navigate social circles that she might not otherwise have had access too.

She is a rune crafter first and a jeweler second. Gems are her canvas; she needs them to carve her runes. But there's a mechanical question here; what does her carved runes do? Here's the description of the feat:

• Rune Magic. You know a number of runes equal to half your proficiency bonus (rounded down), chosen from the Rune Spells table. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can inscribe each rune you know onto one nonmagical weapon, armor, piece of clothing, or other object you touch. You temporarily learn the 1st-level spells that correspond to the runes you inscribed, as specified on the Rune Spells table, and you know those spells until you finish a long rest, when the runes fade. While you are wearing or carrying any rune-marked object, you can cast the spells associated with those runes using any spell slots you have.
    You can also invoke a rune inscribed on an object you are wearing or carrying and cast its associated spell without expending a spell slot or using material components. Once you cast the spell in this way, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest. Your spellcasting ability for this feat is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
    Each time you gain a level, you can replace one of the runes you know with another one from the Rune Spells table.

So, according to this, I can't actually carve permanent runes; they all fade at the next long rest. Does that mean that my physical carving into a physical gem just magically disappears? Apparently, yes. I also can't give them away to others, or rather, others gain no benefit from my runes.

That's not how I envisioned the character, so I'm going to just invent some fluff. She needs gems to carve on in order to practice and improve. Since gems are anything but free, she wants to sell the finished jewelry to others, in order to buy more raw material. The runes sold offer minor blessings; no game effect unless you decide to include it.

She has no inherit interest in dealing with nobles or getting into their circles, neither does she have a reason against doing so. In other words, she could deal with nobles to get her desired raw material or sell finished goods, but she would not want to get entangled in the business of nobles for any ulterior goal... except in scenarios in which that might help her solve a problem the party struggles with.

Awesome, thanks!

Fingers crossed that I get picked! But no hard feelings if you decide to select others; there are plenty of solid candidates and interesting concepts.

Edit: Did you lock the second post? I can't edit it anymore, apparently. Not used to these forums, so I didn't know that might be a problem. Just added a link in statblock to a dnd5e . wikidot . com, which I just noticed is not a secure page. Perhaps that the problem? Or are URLs in general discouraged/problematic? I tried to revert it to the old version without the feat, but it stays hidden.

Got an answer from a moderator: Apparently wikidot is a IP violating page, so no linking to them anymore.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)