Character Creation - James Smith (the Nobody)

Pangea

JAMES SMITH (the Nobody)

Issue: No one gives a crap if I live or die, not even myself... Life is effing pointless. Even more so now.

Drive: With the Outbreak, everything is upside down. This is my shot at becoming... what? Well, something!

3 Strength 4 Agility 3 Wits 3 Empathy
1 (4) Close Combat 1 (5) Mobility 1 (4) Scout 1 (4) Leadership
1 (4) Endure 1 (5) Ranged Combat 1 (4) Survival 1 (4) Manipulation
1 (4) Force 1 (5) Stealth 1 (4) Tech 1 (4) Medicine

Talent: Wallflower
You do not have a single NPC Anchor. The whole group is your Anchor. You do not handle your fear if any die, so long as at least one of them is left standing.

Gear (2-1/2 out 5 slots):
• Binoculars (1/2) +2 Scout
• Sleeping bag (1) +1 Survival
• Ice tea and cornbread (1) 1 ration

"Margherita"
Pizza delivery car
Maneuverability:
+2
Damage:
Hull:

Armor:

Issue:
Will run out of gas

Relationship to PCs (in general): I do what you say... but I will show you!

Haven: Eagle's Roost (though not everyone knows James lives there!)

Backstory: who is James? (though I doubt you care!)

James is from Fort Smith, Arkansas. Of course he knows who is mom is, but his parents? With all the divorces, step-moms, step-dads and such, it is hard to pinpoint. Brothers & sisters? That's even tougher... ranging from siblings, to step-siblings, via 1/2 bros' & sis'... Anyhow, James bounced around from place to place, always welcome to stay, without anyone really wanting him to, or truly noticing when he left.
An underachiever, James did graduate and make it to college, well, a couple colleges, but he never stuck with one thing, so he knows a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lot of not much!
Job-wise? Yes, you know how it went. When the world turned to crap for everyone else (James felt people finally realized what it was to be like him!) he was working for Papa John's, so he just drove off with the delivery car - that he calls "Margharita" -, and lived off pizza for a while as the world burnt...
spacer.png
How did he survive? James thinks that even the fricking zombies did not notice him. Silver lining.
Now he's ended up at this Eagle's Roost. It's an okay place, though he's sure the people will kick him out of the nest at some point. But... maybe not. Not if he shows them who he can become. If he proves to himself there always was more to James Smith than he and everybody else felt. After all, the world is dead, everything that was is gone... there is finally room for him to stand up!

Portrait: do you really think you can describe James? Come on, you've already forgotten what he looks like. Yeah, he's White. Male. With blue... or green? ...brown? Are his eyes brown? His hair is... kind of long? He's in his 20's, or 30's... something like that. Okay, he does wear a cap, that's for sure!

spacer.png

Creation Process

The Nobody (AGI + Stealth)

James Smith (most common 1st & last name combo' in the U.S.)

Issue: No one cares if I live (including me... what's the point?)

Drive: This is my chance (to change, to mean something... to exist)

Attr' 13 points -> 3 Str ; 4 Agi ; 3 Wits ; 3 Emp

Skill 12 points -> (Str) 1 CC, 1 End, 1 Force ; (Agi) 1 Mobility, 1 RC, 1 Stealth ; (Wits) 1 Scout, 1 Surv, 1 Tech ; (Emp) 1 Med ; 1 Manip ; 1 Lead

Talent: Wallflower, all group NPCs are NPC anchor (they're all the same to me, and I'm nothing to them)

Gear: rolls (3d6 = 1, 4, 5 & 1d666 = 441) Pizza delivery car, binoculars, sleeping bag & ice tea and cornbread (one ration)

Relationship, Anchors, Haven: at start of game, I imagine

Edited by Pangea (see edit history)

Definitely playing up the everyday everyone feel, I like. :)

Why did he come up north to NWA/SW Mo.? Was it just a "eenie meenie miney moe" kind of a decision? Or did he have friends/family/relatives in the area? How does he feel about not being as "average" anymore?

Thanks.

« Why did he come up north to NWA/SW Mo.? Was it just a "eenie meenie miney moe" kind of a decision? Or did he have friends/family/relatives in the area? »

In general I prefer to detail my PC as the game progresses to better fit with other PCs and NPCs. So, if there are links to be made with others, or if it is interesting for all to create relatives in the area I’d go with that. Otherwise my default idea was that the area was a place he vacationed at during childhood, and has rare great memories there. I would go w. some emotional reason for driving there over happenstance.

« How does he feel about not being as "average" anymore »

Again, I prefer to get into RP choices as the game moves along (to maybe choose something that resonates w. another character etc.) but my idea right now is along the lines of a moral dilemma: he becomes happy and likes the fact he is gaining confidence and coming into his own… yet feels bad that he is somehow « profiting » from all the loss, horror and death…