Edit History

KingGoblin

KingGoblin

3 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

So, like with others, I'm going to guess at this name's pronunciation. This one is pronounced "Kwan-duh-lah-SHAM-buh-LAN", right?

No?

"Choo"? "Koo"? "Kwoo"? "Kwuh"?

20 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Qu would just bob his head with an enigmatic expression on his face, and say, ‘Mmm, yes, that’s right.’

He is happy with whatever people call him. He uses the Qu spelling in numerous puns and word games, because that entertains him, but honestly, we can’t get his name right. Our mouths are wrong.

I am imagining the initial sound as a sort of hollow click inside his beak. I tried looking up the notation for click languages, but there are so many, and they all have to do with where your tongue is in your mouth, and have very little to do with beaks, so that doesn’t work. For the second sound, I was imagining something we probably could do, but I don’t have the words to describe, like between oo and ewe and you and que, but not quite the oo for either of them, and with a slight rolling sound like when people roll their Rs, or like a dove talks. I imagine the whole Tortle language as being like that, like they sound like what parrots would sound like if they didn’t like screeching so much and wanted to invent a language.

In any case, yes, he is fine with whatever people call him, and will play with the sounds to his own amusement for as long as they continue associating with him.

Ah. I see. So maybe Qu is making his way back to Stormantha from further down south (just for the sake of reference, Nightstone lies a little south of halfway between Waterdeep and Daggerford, off the highroad. In other words, if you go down from Waterdeep, there's no reason to keep going further down to Daggerford and then back up.).

I probably got my geography mixed up. Will check a map tonight, and straighten the towns out in the application, but yes, he went south to somewhere to deliver the letter, and is going north now.

Reviewed! I'll open up the Pre-Game IC-Thread for you.

Sounds great!

KingGoblin

KingGoblin

So, like with others, I'm going to guess at this name's pronunciation. This one is pronounced "Kwan-duh-lah-SHAM-buh-LAN", right?

No?

"Choo"? "Koo"? "Kwoo"? "Kwuh"?

20 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Qu would just bob his head with an enigmatic expression on his face, and say, ‘Mmm, yes, that’s right.’

He is happy with whatever people call him. He uses the Qu spelling in numerous puns and word games, because that entertains him, it honestly, we can’t get his name right. Our mouths are wrong.
I am imagining the initial sound as a sort of hollow click inside his beak. I tried looking up the notation for click languages, but there are so many, and they all have to do with where your tongue is in your mouth, and have very little to do with beaks, so that doesn’t work. For the second sound, I was imagining something g we probably could do, but I don’t have the words to describe, like between oo and ewe and you and que, but not quite the oo for either of them, and with a slight rolling sound like when people roll their Rs, or like a dove talks. I imagine the whole Tortle language as being like that, like they sound like what parrots would sound like if they didn’t like screeching so much and wanted to invent a language.
In any case, yes, he is fine with whatever people call him, and will play with the sounds to his own amusement for as long as they continue associating with him.

Ah. I see. So maybe Qu is making his way back to Stormantha from further down south (just for the sake of reference, Nightstone lies a little south of halfway between Waterdeep and Daggerford, off the highroad. In other words, if you go down from Waterdeep, there's no reason to keep going further down to Daggerford and then back up.).

I probably got my geography mixed up. Will check a map tonight, and straighten the towns out in the application, but yes, he went south to somewhere to deliver the letter, and is going north now.

Reviewed! I'll open up the Pre-Game IC-Thread for you.

Sounds great!