Omar Baldul

BalorDaghulpicsmall.png.9cbfad877608f22ba6ab3f5662f861c9.png

Name: Omar Baldul

Character Concept: Omar Baldul dedicted his life to become a Master Wizard, but it takes more than book learning to do so, he has to quest for knowledge and experience.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Human, Sage, Evocation Wizard

Description: Omar's dusky face is gaunt and hook nosed, intelligent grey eyes watch carefully for any opportunity to exploit. He wears a black tunic and pants embroidered with gold thread, and accentuated with a red sash and purple cape with red lining. If you say one thing of Omar Baldul, say he doesn't try to blend with the background.

Your Character’s Plothook: The North with his unexplored lands and dangers is the kind of new frontier a wizard in the making has to seek out. To hone his craft and discover new secrets to add to the lore of the College.

Past is Prologue: Growing up as the son of a Spice Merchant in the South, Omar Baldul was excited when he learned that he had enough of a magical spark, to be accepted at the Collegio Magica or College of Wizardry. The ancient repository of magical knowledge. He entered it's doors as a youth of 13 and was swallowed whole. Quickly learning that his natural talents could be improved by steady study and practice, he dedicated every waking moment to the study of the arcane knowledge and mysteries of creation and the universe. Driven by the desire to become a master of those forces. He made and lost friends along the way, and after 12 years of intense study, he passed his examinations to be one of the few to be allowed entry to the assembly of Master Wizards. The Grandmaster of the College, informed the graduates that they had completed the first step in their Journey, but that they needed to face the unknown, to grow their knowledge and art. They should consider themselves Journeymen and if they wished could return after 5 years, to show the assembly that they could add to the host of knowledge maintained by the College.

For the first time in over a decade Omar stepped through the gates to the outside world. Choosing where to go. He had heard rumors about the wild and mysterious North. It seemed to be the right place to begin his journey to the future, after all the south was his past. On his way North he heard rumors about Nightstone and directed his way there.

Deity: Corellon. Once Omar began studying the magical arts it became obvious to him, that full dedication to his art would never achieved if he didn't also embrace Corellon. With the same devotion he had spent on reading old tomes and practicing the arcane hand movements he dedicated his beliefs to the God or magic and art. Shedding the beliefs he might have held before entirely.

Is Might Right? The might coming from magical power does not excuse it's wielder form standing up for what is right. It just makes it more important to do so.

Music: Omar is lacking subtlety but is a power house, you see him when he makes an entrance. Queen Princes of the Universe not taking no for an answer Queen Don't stop me now But he is following his vision

(sorry if you expected more variety, but all that needs to be said can be said with said with Queen)

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Attribute 1
repeat((keep(4d6,highest,3)),6) 4,3,3,6,6,3,5,4,2,3,3,6,6,6,5,4,4,6,1,3,1,2,2,6
Attribute 2
repeat((keep(4d6,highest,3)),6) 2,3,1,1,2,2,5,1,3,1,5,2,5,6,3,2,4,4,4,5,3,6,1,6
Attribute 3
repeat((keep(4d6,highest,3)),6) 2,3,6,3,6,5,2,3,5,5,4,4,5,3,1,6,3,4,5,5,5,2,4,5

Posted (edited)

tokenOmarBaldul.png.313a680dd8b5f60122a387589e484577.pngOmar Baldul

Human Sage Evocation Wizard

AC: 11 | HP: 9/9 (1d6) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15
StrSaving throw +0
Athletics: +1
: 10 (0) | DexSaving throw: +1

Acrobatics: +1
Stealth +1
Sleight of Hand: +1
:
 12 (+1) | ConSaving throw +3: 16 (+3) | IntSaving throw: +6

Arcana: +6
History: +6
Investigation: +4
Nature: +4
Religion +4
:
 18 (14) | WisSavbing throw +5

Animal Handling +2
Insight +5
Medicine +5
Perception: 5
Survival: 2
:
 14 (+2) | ChaSaving throw +2

Deception +2
Intimidation +2
Performance +2
Persuasion +2
:
 14 (+2)

IC: “My words are bold ”  | 'My thoughts slanted"  | My actions are plain . . .

Actions

OOC

To Whom It May Concern . . .

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Omar Baldul

BalorDaghulpicsmall.png.9cbfad877608f22ba6ab3f5662f861c9.png

Name: Omar Baldul

Ooh, I like the image and the name!

Character Concept: Omar Baldul dedicted his life to become a Master Wizard, but it takes more than book learning to do so, he has to quest for knowledge and experience.

I very much like this raison d'etre.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Human, Sage, Evocation Wizard

Description: Omar's dusky face is gaunt and hook nosed, intelligent grey eyes watch carefully for any opportunity to exploit. He wears a black tunic and pants embroidered with gold thread, and accentuated with a red sash and purple cape with red lining. If you say one thing of Omar Baldul, say he doesn't try to blend with the background.

Short, simple, and to the point. Awesome! I like that he wants to stand out! Ahaha! Nice!

Your Character’s Plothook: The North with his unexplored lands and dangers is the kind of new frontier a wizard in the making has to seek out. To hone his craft and discover new secrets to add to the lore of the College.

Ooh. Nice! You made one of your own! And it gives him an impetus to continue adventuring.

Past is Prologue: Growing up as the son of a Spice Merchant in the South, Omar Baldul was excited when he learned that he had enough of a magical spark, to be accepted at the Collegio Magica or College of Wizardry. The ancient repository of magical knowledge. He entered it's doors as a youth of 13 and was swallowed whole. Quickly learning that his natural talents could be improved by steady study and practice, he dedicated every waking moment to the study of the arcane knowledge and mysteries of creation and the universe. Driven by the desire to become a master of those forces. He made and lost friends along the way, and after 12 years of intense study, he passed his examinations to be one of the few to be allowed entry to the assembly of Master Wizards. The Grandmaster of the College, informed the graduates that they had completed the first step in their Journey, but that they needed to face the unknown, to grow their knowledge and art. They should consider themselves Journeymen and if they wished could return after 5 years, to show the assembly that they could add to the host of knowledge maintained by the College.

For the first time in over a decade Omar stepped through the gates to the outside world. Choosing where to go. He had heard rumors about the wild and mysterious North. It seemed to be the right place to begin his journey to the future, after all the south was his past. On his way North he heard rumors about Nightstone and directed his way there.

Also a good, solid, if simple BG. I like that "south is past, north is future".

Deity: Corellon. Once Omar began studying the magical arts it became obvious to him, that full dedication to his art would never achieved if he didn't also embrace Corellon. With the same devotion he had spent on reading old tomes and practicing the arcane hand movements he dedicated his beliefs to the God or magic and art. Shedding the beliefs he might have held before entirely.

Very nice! Also, very interesting and intriguing sounding.

Music: Omar is lacking subtlety but is a power house, you see him when he makes an entrance. Queen Princes of the Universe not taking no for an answer Queen Don't stop me now But he is following his vision

Great music!

Reviewed. I'll unlock the Pre-Game IC-Thread for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Background: Sage

Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Tool Proficiencies: None
Languages: Elvish, Giant
Equipment: used 100GP to buy equipment

Personality:

There is nothing i like more than a good mystery
I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.

Ideals

Self-Improvement. The goal of a life of study is the betterment of oneself. (Any)

Bonds

(I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.)
I prefer: Has dedicated his life to the study of magic, to be able to join the ranks of Master wizard of Collegio Magica (but it's essentially the same flair)

Flaws:

I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

Posted (edited)

Class:

As a wizard, you gain the following class features.

Hit Points

Hit Dice: 1d6 per wizard level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 6 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) + your Constitution modifier per wizard level after 1st

Proficiencies

Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Choose two from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, and Religion

Equipment

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

a dagger
a Staff as arcane focus
an explorer's pack
A spellbook

Spellcasting Ability

Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your wizard spells, since you learn your spells through dedicated study and memorization. You use your Intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a wizard spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier: 8 + 2 + 4 = +14

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier 2 + 4 = +6

Ritual Casting

You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don't need to have the spell prepared.

Spellcasting Focus

You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.

Learning Spells of 1st Level and Higher

Each time you gain a wizard level, you can add two wizard spells of your choice to your spellbook. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots, as shown on the Wizard table. On your adventures, you might find other spells that you can add to your spellbook.

Arcane Recovery

You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Posted (edited)

Feats:

Variant Human:

Keen Mind

Source: Player's Handbook

You have a mind that can track time, direction, and detail with uncanny precision. You gain the following benefits.

• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • You always know which way is north.
  • You always know the number of hours left before the next sunrise or sunset.
  • You can accurately recall anything you have seen or heard within the past month.

bonus Feat:

Magic Initiate

Source: Player's Handbook

Choose a class: bard, cleric, druid, sorcerer, warlock, or wizard. You learn two cantrips of your choice from that class's spell list. (Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp)

In addition, choose one 1st-level spell to learn from that same list. Using this feat, you can cast the spell once at its lowest level, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. (Feather Fall)

Your spellcasting ability for these spells depends on the class you chose: Charisma for bard, sorcerer, or warlock; Wisdom for cleric or druid; or Intelligence for wizard.

Researcher

When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Posted (edited)

Inventory:

Worn:

• Traveler's clothes 4 lb
  • Staff: 4lb
  • Dagger at belt (1 lb)
  • coin purse (0.68 lb)

Stored

• backpack: 5lb
  • Spellbook: 3lb
  • ink pen:
  • bottle of black ink
  • bedroll: 7lb
  • mess kit: 1lb
  • tinderbox: 1lb
  • Torches (10): 10 lbs
  • rations (10d): 20 lbs
  • Waterskin: 5lb
  • 50ft hempen rope: 10 lb

Coins (0.68 lb)

• CP 8
  • SP 9
  • EP
  • GP: 17
  • PP

weight:

Worn 9.68lb + loaded backpack (63lbs) total 82.68 lbs

max load 10 x 15 = 150 lbs (unencumbered)

@Kamishiro_Rin I decided to go with Traveling clothes because that's essentially what Omar is wearing, albeit fancier ones. Fine clothes as described did not fit this, But if you feel 2GP is to cheap I'm willing to up the buying price to 5 to keep the balance reasonable. I did go with the 100GP and bought everything that class or background would have given me.

Spellbook

Cantrips

• Mage Hand
  • Light
  • Prestidigitation
  • Fire Bolt
  • Shocking Grasp

1-Level spells (0/2 spell slots used)(5 prepared (bold))

• Detect Magic
  • Mage Armor
  • Chromatic Orb
  • Identify
  • Frost Fingers
  • Disguise Self
  • Feather Fall

Stats & Skills

Str: 10 (0) Dex: 12 (+1) Con: 16 (+3)* Int: 18 (+4)** Wis: 14 (+2)* Cha: 14 (+2)*

Saving throws INT (+6) WIS (+5)

* Increased by 1 with racial trait

** Increased by 1 with Keen Mind

Athletics: 0

Acrobatics: 1

Stealth: 1

Sleight of hand: 1

Arcana 6

History: 6

Investigation: 4

Nature: 4

Religion: 4

Animal Handling: 2

Insight: 5

Medicine: 5

Perception: 5

Survival: 2

Deception: 2

Intimidation: 2

Performance: 2

Persuasion: 2

tokenOmarBaldul.png.313a680dd8b5f60122a387589e484577.pngOmar Baldul

Human Sage Evocation Wizard

AC: 11 | HP: 9/9 (1d6) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (14) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 14 (+2)

IC: “My words are bold ”  | 'My thoughts slanted"  | My actions are plain . . .

Actions

OOC

To Whom It May Concern . . .

23 hours ago, Shocker said:

@Kamishiro_Rin I decided to go with Traveling clothes because that's essentially what Omar is wearing, albeit fancier ones. Fine clothes as described did not fit this, But if you feel 2GP is to cheap I'm willing to up the buying price to 5 to keep the balance reasonable. I did go with the 100GP and bought everything that class or background would have given me.

That's fine with me. I'm not a BIG stickler for how you want to fluff your traveling clothes. The mechanics of the clothes--i.e., what benefits they give you are more important to me. For example, if you buy fine clothes needing them to attend a nobles' gala, then even the fanciest of traveling clothes just won't do. But on the same token, the benefits your traveling clothes give you will not come from wearing fine clothes.

Everything looks good.