Edit History

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

I'll try to keep my comments brief...but you know me.

CLI Mode

Probably my favorite mode of the four presented here.  I am used to typing rolls on OGMW, and I would really love the ability to keep doing that here in Baldr.  And being able to add multiple rolls at once is a true game-changer on Baldr, so that's awesome.  My questions on this mode:

1. No line terminators might cause some problems in the long run if someone fails to hit enter after a given string.  It is more aesthetic than anything else, but bbCode forced us to terminate the tag so the roller knew where the end was.  Is that not needed here?
  2. Will we be given a drop down or some button to insert types of rolls with this?  Remembering all the syntaxes and new commands at first won't be easy, so some way of clicking to add a given roll type would be nice.

Table/Spreadsheet Mode

My least favorite mode here.  It simply looks clunky and unwieldy, with no real descriptors.  To my untrained eyes it just doesn't look like it would be very useful.

GUI Mode

Damn, is that ever pretty.  While I prefer CLI, I can see this mode being the gold standard of dice rolling here, especially for new users who are trying to find their way.  Seeing dice types, and being able to add rolls, and having advantage and damage and everything right there to be seen is awesome.  This would be my 2nd way of doing dice rolls here.

Sheetroll Mode

I don't use sheetrolls on OGMW, so I really can't comment on this.

One Final Thought

Will we be given the ability to flip from mode to mode as we see fit?  Or do we get 1 option and that's it?

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

CLI Mode

Probably my favorite mode of the four presented here.  I am used to typing rolls on OGMW, and I would really love the ability to keep doing that here in Baldr.  And being able to add multiple rolls at once is a true game-changer on Baldr, so that's awesome.  My questions on this mode:

1. No line terminators might cause some problems in the long run if someone fails to hit enter after a given string.  It is more aesthetician than anything else, but bbCode forced us to terminate the tag so the roller knew where the end was.  Is that not needed here?
  2. Will we be given a drop down or some button to insert types of rolls with this?  Remembering all the syntaxes and nes commands at first won't be easy, so some way of clicking to add a given roll type would be nice.

Table/Spreadsheet Mode

My least favorite mode here.  It simply looks clunky and unwieldy, with no real descriptors.  To my untrained eyes it just doesn't look like it would be very useful.

GUI Mode

Damn, is that ever pretty.  While I prefer CLI, I can see this mode being the gold standard of dice rolling here, especially for new users who are trying to find their way.  Seeing dice types, and being able to add rolls, and having advantage and damage and everything right there to be seen is awesome.  This would be my 2nd way of doing dice rolls here..

Sheetroll Mode

One Final Thought

Will we be given the ability to flip from mode to mode as we see fit?  Or do we get 1 option and that's it?

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

CLI Mode

Probably my.favorite. ode of the four presented here.  I am used to typing rolls on OGMW, and I would really love the ability to keep doing that here in Baldr.  And being able to add multiple rolls at once is a true game-changer on Baldr, so that's awesome.  My questions on this mode:

1. No line terminators might cause some problems in the long run if someone fails to hit enter after a given string.  It is more aesthetician than anything else, but bbCode forced us to terminate the tag so the roller knew where the end was.  Is that not needed here?
  2. Will we be given a drop down or some button to insert types of rolls with this?  Remembering all the syntaxes and nes commands at first won't be easy, so some way of clicking to add a given roll type would be nice.

Table/Spreadsheet Mode

GUI Mode

Damn, is that ever pretty.  While I prefer CLI, I can see this mode being the gold standard of dice rolling here, especially for new users who are trying to find their way.  Seeing dice types, and being able to add rolls, and having advantage and damage and everything right there to be seen is awesome.  This would be my 2nd way of doing dice rolls here..

Sheetroll Mode

One Final Thought