Ezra Dyn'Thalos, Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric of the Raven Queen

spacer.png

Name: Ezra Dyn'Thalos

Character Concept: As the Raven Queen welcomes souls at midnight, Ezra guards the boarder of death at twilight, ensuring souls make it to the Lady of Graves peacefully and any undead are swiftly prevented from harming the living.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Shadar-Kai, Acolyte, Cleric, Twilight Doman

Description: Ezra stands at 5' 3" tall with long white hair and ashen skin that is common with the Shadar-Kai. Her eyes a deep crimson that is rare among her kind. By most standards solemn and taciturn. She is far more outgoing then most Shadar-Kai, hoping to learn as much of the world as she can. Her devotion to the Raven Queen is without question, however, she also strives to learn more about the peoples around her and protect the light of this world for as long as the living can remain in it. She often wears her clergy robes over her fine ring mail armor and carries a Long sword and a shield with the holy symbol of the Raven Queen upon it's surface. An amulet is also worn of the the holy symbol.

Your Character’s Plothook: A vision calls Ezra to Daggerford, in search of answers. Tremors of unrest have begun that might escalate further destroying the balance of life and death. Even if the worst does not come to pass. Her service to the Raven Queen is absolute, and she will be needed to guide the dead to the lady of graves care.

Past is Prologue:

Ezra was born to a settlement in the misty forest over two hundred years ago. The settlement was home to a group of the Shadar-kai who stood vigil over a particularly large area where the Shadowfell and Prime Material plane intersect. Tacturn as the Shadar-Kai are, the community was…brighter…then most considering the villages purpose. Safeguarding the material plane from undead invasion. Ezra became an acolyte of the Raven queen when she was only six and performed most duties in the temple as one would. She learned the use of the sword and shield as well as her natural gifts as a Shadar-kai. However, her link to the divine the power of the Raven Queen was weak.

Ezra for the most part was a very positive youth for a Shadar-Kai and perhaps it was due to that, she was not blessed with magical abilities. At least early on in her life. Her faith in the mission of the Raven queen was beyond question and she looked at the deity as one of glad tidings. For it was the raven queen who ensured the souls of the departed safely made it to the afterlife and their mortal husks return to the soil without fear of undeath’s corruption taking hold. Because of her unique outlook on her service to the Raven Queen, the head temple Cleric received a vision for Ezra to travail abroad. Learn of the world and spread the message of Raven Queen.

Ezra’s mission is to bring understanding of the Raven Queen to those who may not understand her purpose. It is through her pilgrimage that Ezra will grow and eventually be one of the Raven Queens Twilight Clerics. Ezra would eventually feel the divine spark of her Matron of death after a one-hundred-year journey across Fae `run. On her way back a vision would come to her to travail to Daggerford. A troubling event is felt on the horizon and it is here that Ezra is beckoned to grow further as a cleric and ensure the balance between life and death are not disrupted.

Deity: The Raven Queen. Raised as an acolyte to the Raven Queen from an early age. Ezra followed her belief without question or complaint, even when she was not gifted with her patrons blessing. She did her duties all the more fervently recognizing that her Matron of Death, knows the machinations of the world better then she. Her faith is rewarded when given a mission to traverse the world beyond the village in the Misty Forest, travailing from temple to temple and learning greater lessons of the true reason for her go into the world. Many event's have transpired throughout her years of travailing. She knew, however, that she would be called to action when the time was correct reflecting on the peace of mind she can offer to those nearing the end of their life's journey.

Music that Fits Ezra's Outlook.

Life is Beautiful : This is more so how Ezra views things. Being positive for the life you are given and not stressing over the end. There is the belief that while the soul is passing over that they will find peace and happiness in the afterlife.

I am the Fire: Ezra's resolve to move forward in life. While she has faith the Raven Queen had a plan for her. Ezra was still prone to some doubt. This is the reflection of her moving past that doubt to do the service of her patron regardless of not having power before and now more fervent to show her goddess that Ezra can see her task through for her.

I get Wicked: This is on Ezra as a person. She is kind, even if serious. Though she will not shy away from challenges set before her or her faith. She will give unto others as they give to her.

See Who I Am, Bonus song because it felt appropriate for Ezra's travails.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Attribute Rolls
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 2,2,5,2,4,5,1,3,5,3,3,3,6,4,5,1,2,6,5,3,6,4,6,1
Attribute 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 5,3,1,2,2,6,6,4,4,2,1,4,3,5,5,5,1,1,5,1,5,3,6,3
Attribute 3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 5,1,5,5,3,6,4,2,2,6,2,6,5,1,2,6,5,3,4,4,4,2,2,1

Posted (edited)

FnmB2FcfOX2Oe95w2Q2S--1--rgq1w.png.8f4145fde2636f51b4d5dc858f928fb4.pngEzra Dyn'Thalos Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric

Ezra

HP: 10/10, AC:Chainmail Armor: AC 16
Shield: AC +2
18, Hit Die 1d8, Passive: Perception: 16, Insight: 16, Investigate: 13

Str:Base: 15, +1 Racial bonus

Save: +3

Athletics: +3
16, Dex:Base: 11

Save: +0

Acrobatics: +0
Sleight of Hand: +0
Stealth: +0
11, Con:Base: 14

Save: +2
14, Int:Base: 12

Save: +1

Arcana: +3
History: +3
Investigation: +3
Nature: +1
Religion: +3
12, Wis:Base: 16, +2 Racial bonus

Save: +6 (Proficient)

Animal Handling: +4
Insight: +6
Medicine: +6
Perception: +6
Survival: +4
18, Cha:Base: 9

Save: +1 (Proficient)

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1

Blessing of the R. Q.As a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Starting at 3rd level, you also gain resistance to all damage when you teleport using this trait. The resistance lasts until the start of your next turn. During that time, you appear ghostly and translucent.
  Fey AncestryAdvantage to saves against the Charmed Condition  Eyes of Night1st-level Twilight Domain feature
You have darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, you can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

As an action, you can magically share the darkvision of this feature with willing creatures you can see within 10 feet of you, up to a number of creatures equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of one creature). The shared darkvision lasts for 1 hour. Once you share it, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest, unless you expend a spell slot of any level to share it again.
Vigilant Blessing1st-level Twilight Domain feature

The night has taught you to be vigilant. As an action, you give one creature you touch (including possibly yourself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if you use this feature again.
  TranceYou don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in a trancelike meditation, during which you retain consciousness.

Whenever you finish this trance, you can gain two proficiencies that you don’t have, each one with a weapon or a tool of your choice selected from the Player’s Handbook. You mystically acquire these proficiencies by drawing them from shared elven memory, and you retain them until you finish your next long rest.
 LanguagesCommon, Elven, Sylvan, Undercommon.  Proficiency and ToolsWeapon: Simple and Martial,
Armor: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
Tool: None
Tools from Trance: Cartographers Tools, Calligraphy
Prof from Trance: none

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,| My actions . . .

Ezra. She said some things. She did some more things.

TO WHOM It MAY CONCERN....

Content

OOC
  • Ongoing Effect:
  • Concentration:
  • Reaction/Ready Action:
  • Swift Action:
  • Action:
  • Move Action:

Spell Att: +6, Spell Save DC: 14, Wisdom.

Spells 

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Slots 2/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0
  • Bless
  • Command
  • Cure Wounds
  • Faerie Fire
  • Healing Word
  • Shield of Faith
  • Sleep

Cantrips: Guidance, Toll the Dead, Word of Radiance.

Clerics have access to all spells on their spell list. The spells shown are the spells prayed for to have access to for the day.

Edited by Seardon (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seardon said:

I worked on the in game character sheet. I will work on everything else when I can. Please let me know if I will need to adjust anything or missed anything.

Thanks! The MW sheet really only needs the numbers and languages on it because supposedly, I will be able to select your character and what I want to roll and just do that here, but lol, it doesn't seem to work, yet.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit generous and have time at work right now, so I'mma post the parts I want in this particular thread for you to save some time and effort on your part, and so you can get to posting as soon as possible.

Your token is, on the map in my last game post, where Zhasi's is, so you can react from there.

The stuff I'll post in here is mainly for my own quick reference, though, when you get a chance, make an individual post after mine for your Inventory (you only need the items themselves, no list of weights, costs, or locations--again, saving time and effort!), as well as your spell list.

Lineage: Shadar-Kai

• Ability Scores: Choose one of: (a) Choose any +2; choose any other +1 (b) Choose three different +1
  • Size: Medium
  • Speed: 30 ft.

Creature Type. You are a Humanoid. You are also considered an elf for any prerequisite or effect that requires you to be an elf.

Blessing of the Raven Queen. As a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Starting at 3rd level, you also gain resistance to all damage when you teleport using this trait. The resistance lasts until the start of your next turn. During that time, you appear ghostly and translucent.

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness only as shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.

Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.

Necrotic Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage.

Trance. You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in a trancelike meditation, during which you retain consciousness.

Whenever you finish this trance, you can gain two proficiencies that you don’t have, each one with a weapon or a tool of your choice selected from the Player’s Handbook. You mystically acquire these proficiencies by drawing them from shared elven memory, and you retain them until you finish your next long rest.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for your character (Sylvan).

Source: MPMM, page 31

Background: Acolyte

• Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion
  • Languages: Two of your choice
  • Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book or prayer wheel, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.

You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.

Suggested Characteristics

Acolytes are shaped by their experience in temples or other religious communities. Their study of the history and tenets of their faith and their relationships to temples, shrines, or hierarchies affect their mannerisms and ideals. Their flaws might be some hidden hypocrisy or heretical idea, or an ideal or bond taken to an extreme.

d8    Personality Trait
1    I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example.
2    I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
3    I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
4    Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
5    I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
6    I am tolerant (or intolerant) of other faiths and respect (or condemn) the worship of other gods.
7    I’ve enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temple’s elite. Rough living grates on me.
8    I’ve spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.

d6    Ideal
1    Tradition. The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld. (Lawful)
2    Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
3    Change. We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)
4    Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith’s religious hierarchy. (Lawful)
5    Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
6    Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my god’s favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings. (Any)

d6    Bond
1    I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
2    I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.
3    I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
4    Everything I do is for the common people.
5    I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.
6    I seek to preserve a sacred text that my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy.

d6    Flaw
1    I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
2    I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy.
3    My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.
4    I am inflexible in my thinking.
5    I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
6    Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Source: PHB, page 127. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.

Class: Cleric

Spell Slots per Spell Level
Level Proficiency Bonus Features Cantrips Known 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
1st +2 Spellcasting, Divine Domain 3 2

Hit Points

Hit Dice: 1d8
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per Cleric level after 1st

Proficiencies

Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: simple weapons
Tools: none
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Choose 2 from History, Insight, Medicine, Persuasion, and Religion.

Starting Equipment

You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background.

• (a) a mace or (b) a warhammer (if proficient)
  • (a) scale mail, (b) leather armor, or (c) chain mail (if proficient)
  • (a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
  • (a) a priest’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
  • A shield and a holy symbol

Alternatively, you may start with 5d4 × 10 gp to buy your own equipment.

Spellcasting

PHB p56

As a conduit for divine power, you can cast cleric spells. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for a selection of cleric spells.

Cantrips

At 1st level, you know three cantrips of your choice from the cleric spell list. You learn additional cleric cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Cleric table.

Preparing and Casting Spells

The Cleric table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your cleric spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

You prepare the list of cleric spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the cleric spell list. When you do so, choose a number of cleric spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your cleric level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

For example, if you are a 3rd-level cleric, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn’t remove it from your list of prepared spells.

You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of cleric spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list.

Spellcasting Ability

Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your cleric spells. The power of your spells comes from your devotion to your deity. You use your Wisdom whenever a cleric spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a cleric spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Ritual Casting

You can cast a cleric spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Spellcasting Focus

You can use a holy symbol as a spellcasting focus for your cleric spells.

Divine Domain

PHB p56

Choose one domain related to your deity from the list of available domains. Each domain is detailed in their own feature, and each one provides examples of gods associated with it. Your choice grants you domain spells and other features when you choose it at 1st level. It also grants you additional ways to use Channel Divinity when you gain that feature at 2nd level, and additional benefits at 6th, 8th, and 17th levels.

Domain Spells

Each domain has a list of spells—its domain spells—that you gain at the cleric levels noted in the domain description. Once you gain a domain spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn’t count against the number of spells you can prepare each day.

If you have a domain spell that doesn’t appear on the cleric spell list, the spell is nonetheless a cleric spell for you.

Twilight Domain

TCE p34

The twilit transition from light into darkness often brings calm and even joy, as the day’s labors end and the hours of rest begin. The darkness can also bring terrors, but the gods of twilight guard against the horrors of the night.

Clerics who serve these deities-examples of which appear on the Twilight Deities table-bring comfort to those who seek rest and protect them by venturing into the encroaching darkness to ensure that the dark is a comfort, not a terror.

Twilight Deities
Example Deity    Pantheon
Boldrei    Eberron
Celestian    Greyhawk
Dol Arrah    Eberron
Helm    Forgotten Realms
Ilmater    Forgotten Realms
Mishakal    Dragonlance
Selûne    Forgotten Realms
Yondalla    Halfling

Domain Spells

1st-level Twilight Domain feature

You gain domain spells at the cleric levels listed in the Twilight Domain Spells table. See the Divine Domain class feature for how domain spells work.

Twilight Domain Spells

Cleric Level Spells
1st faerie fire, sleep
3rd moonbeam, see invisibility
5th aura of vitality, Leomund’s tiny hut
7th aura of life, greater invisibility
9th circle of power, mislead

Bonus Proficiencies

TCE p34

You gain proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armor.

Eyes of Night

TCE p34

You can see through the deepest gloom. You have darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, you can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

As an action, you can magically share the darkvision of this feature with willing creatures you can see within 10 feet of you, up to a number of creatures equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of one creature). The shared darkvision lasts for 1 hour. Once you share it, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest, unless you expend a spell slot of any level to share it again.

Vigilant Blessing

TCE p34

The night has taught you to be vigilant. As an action, you give one creature you touch (including possibly yourself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if you use this feature again.

Inventory

Item  Weight Location Worth

• Chainmail 55 Worn 75 GP
  • Shield 6 Right Arm 10 GP
  • Long Sword 3 Right Hip 15 GP
  • Back Pack 5 Back 2 GP
  • Bedroll 7 Backpack 1 GP Rolled in Tent
  • Blanket 3 Backpack 5 SP Rolled in Tent
  • Rations (2Day) 4 Backpack 1 GP
  • Tinder Box 1 Backpack 5 SP
  • Water Skin 5 Hip 2 SP
  • Tent 20 Backpack 2 GP Under Slung