sxeBUDDHA's Thread

sxeBUDDHA

Posted (edited)

1. What is your experience with the Hero System Rules?
            None. I've only completed character creation for a couple of applications.

2. What is your experience with PbP?
            I'm relatively new to PbP. It's been almost 18 months for Buffy the Vampire Slayer PvP.

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?
            The majority of my TTRPG has been online as a player for the past 15 years. For me, it's definitely been player agency to progress the main story and reveal plot twists adhering to the Golden Rule, "Don't be a d*ck." Or is that Wheaton's Rule?

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.

Sample #1

Christa Linda ChristaLindaportrait2.png.36fc59092e732a3b72246e53a486358a.png

image.png.cc6d5b20d77fd7168d7503b819d1027d.png Hit Points: 10/10 | Lucky icon Luck: 35/35 | Sanity icon Sanity: 65/65

Outside the campus security office, a serene silence enveloped the empty surroundings as Christa Linda and her entourage waited patiently for Chief Williams to arrive. With the campus deserted, only the occasional rustle of leaves disturbed the quietude.

Christa Linda, seated calmly in front of the closed door, had taken charge of the situation, her personal assistant Sophia having been dispatched to fetch breakfast from a local eatery. Merlin, the myna bird, perched gracefully on Christa's outstretched hand, while her three obedient dogs remained stationed outside the office, their patience unwavering.

As the minutes ticked by, anticipation hung in the air, and when Chief Williams finally arrived, opening the door to the office, Christa Linda greeted him with a composed nod, ready to proceed with her witness account in her usual professional manner.

"Good morning, Chief Williams! Have you had breakfast yet? Indulge in a sinker with your morning Joe."

Despite the unexpected delay, Christa Linda remained poised and considerate, treating the situation with the same professionalism and punctuality she would bring to any movie shooting schedule. Her thoughtful gesture had certainly left a positive impression on those present in the office.

Sample #2

Suzy Bae image.png.1a38a333b03fd6a91af2f9ab3e8ebabf.png

image.png.cc6d5b20d77fd7168d7503b819d1027d.png Life Points: 26/26 |image.png.ffa4c63ebc4f6b17331af0de87d7ef2f.png Drama Points: 13/10

Location: Harborton High School (underneath science building in sewer tunnels) | Conditions/Effects: None

"Hey, Alicia," Suzy began, turning to her senior witch companion as they moved forward after dispatching the Thcurf demon guards. "I've been thinking about our next steps."

With a confident smile, she continued, "The utility cart serves multiple purposes. Right now, it's transporting supplies that could prove useful in the near future." She gestured towards the cart, indicating the tanks of combustible gas and the lights. "The gas tanks will be invaluable for igniting a Thcurf demon nest, diverting attention away from the demon eggs and allowing us to target the demon queen."

Suzy's eyes sparkled with determination as she outlined her plans. "And of course, the lights are essential for visibility in the dark tunnels," she added. "Plus, the cart can also be used to transport survivors with less effort. There's one more bag of salt on there too, just in case." With a nod of satisfaction, Suzy felt ready to face whatever challenges awaited them as they continued their search for the Thcurf demon queen's lair.

"Listen up, everyone," Suzy began, her tone firm as she emphasized the intricacies of her warding spell. "Nothing can penetrate this magical barrier, not explosions, smoke, silly string, or even shaving cream flying from a popped balloon. And high-pitched deafening noises? Forget about it."

With a confident nod, she continued, "I've done extensive experimenting to become familiar with all my spells. I may only know a handful, but I know them like the back of my own hand." Suzy's eyes gleamed with determination as she reassured her companions of the effectiveness of her magic, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead with unwavering confidence in her abilities.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.
It's been almost a year playing Mira. The group has had many struggles in this SWADE zombie apocalypse. Everyone has their roles. Our party lacks a proper face as the one player has the worst luck dying repeatedly and having to make a new character. Very colorful cast, fun loving players, and very well written game adventure ran by a very fair GM.

Dr. Mira Jones

Mira Jones is a survivor like no other in the bleak landscape of a zombie apocalypse. Despite the horrors she's witnessed and the psychological toll it has taken, she stands as a beacon of resilient humanity. Her character is marked not by brutality or desensitization but by a steadfast commitment to preserving morality and reason in the face of unimaginable darkness.

Physically, Mira might be unremarkable at first glance, blending into the ragtag survivors that populate the post-apocalyptic world. But her strength lies in her unwavering moral compass and her ability to maintain her humanity amidst chaos.

The trauma of seeing a teenage boy slaughter a group of younger children for supplies left a deep scar on Mira's psyche, leading her to rely on morphine to cope with the psychological damage. However, she refuses to let this trauma define her actions or dictate her moral code. While others may have succumbed to despair or cruelty, Mira remains resolutely committed to upholding the values of compassion and decency.

Despite her aversion to violence, Mira is far from helpless. She has proven herself invaluable in keeping her group alive and healthy, offering practical solutions to survival challenges without sacrificing their humanity. Her resourcefulness, intelligence, and empathy make her a natural leader, earning the trust and respect of both allies and adversaries alike.

Mira's kill count is remarkably low, a testament to her reluctance to resort to violence except when absolutely necessary for self-defense or the protection of others. Instead, she focuses on finding peaceful solutions and building connections with fellow survivors, recognizing that cooperation and solidarity are their best chances for survival in a world overrun by the undead.

One of Mira's most significant contributions is her survival journal, a chronicle of her experiences, insights, and moral principles. By sharing this journal with others, she hopes to inspire them to hold onto their humanity and resist the temptation to abandon reason and morality in the face of adversity. In a world where the line between survival and savagery grows increasingly blurred, Mira Jones stands as a shining example of what it means to be truly human.

Scout is a new pc for TWDU PbP campaign. We started prior to the outbreak in 2010. She's a Girl Scout leader who assumed the role of a leader during the fall of modern civilization in a small podunk town. No real fighters in the group but we have lots of skills to survive, especially social skills. Early on, things are going well. We just need to add to our numbers. Everything else has been easy. Scout's Aunt Aylin has been the chosen leader who is just a grown up NPC version of Scout. Scout has yet to kill anyone yet.

Scout

Scout, also known by her Turkish name Sevgi Can, is a remarkable teenager thrust into the role of a leader amidst the chaos of a zombie outbreak in Rockport, Massachusetts. Despite her youth, she possesses a keen intellect and a level-headed demeanor that serves as a beacon of hope for those around her. With a natural knack for organization and strategy, Scout has rallied the growing community together, urging them to prepare for the uncertain future that lies ahead.

Her leadership style is reminiscent of historical figures like Alexander the Great, as she fosters a community of tolerance and unity among the survivors. By framing the walkers as a common enemy, Scout has successfully unified the diverse group of individuals, forging bonds that transcend differences and bolstering their collective strength.

With a steady hand and a resolute spirit, Scout navigates the challenges of their new reality, always thinking several steps ahead to ensure the safety and well-being of her people. Her determination and courage inspire those around her, instilling a sense of hope and purpose in the face of adversity. As the de facto leader of their community, Scout's unwavering resolve and strategic vision serve as the driving force behind their efforts to survive and thrive in a world overrun by the undead.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players (Other than yourself, obviously you want to be accepted or you'd just withdraw) into this game and why you would like to play with them here. (example reasons. Good Character concept that fits well with yours, Played with them before and they are a good RPer, They are Helpful, whatever). Please be sure to put this response in a private tag for myself (if left blank, private tags are still viewable by the GM). Please use the Private tags. I don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt. Also, you may need to come back to this later after seeing who has applied. 'applying' for this game ("Shadows of the City") whom you would like to be accepted.
            n/a

7. Describe your desired character for me.

Character Concept

**Name:** Foxy

**Alter Ego:** Fox

**Description:**

**Fox:**
Fox is the embodiment of the conservative, self-absorbed male reporter persona. He exudes confidence and charisma, wielding a sharp tongue and a knack for captivating his audience. As a normal NRA member, Fox is deeply entrenched in his beliefs, often scrutinizing Foxy, his female alter-ego, in the public eye. Despite his conservative leanings, he harbors a fascination with Foxy, constantly extending invitations for a one-on-one interview, which she consistently refuses.

**Foxy:**
Foxy stands as the antithesis to Fox's persona. She is a strong-willed, independent, and attractive liberal woman, driven by a belief in morality and the salvation of humanity. Despite her virtuous intentions, she is vilified by many, largely due to Fox's representation of the ignorant masses. Foxy resides in the blue zone of Sovereign City, where she battles against power-hungry individuals and organizations vying for her advanced technology inventions, particularly her patented healing nanobots.

**Dynamic:**
Though two sides of the same coin, Fox and Foxy are hindered by each other's efforts. Their interactions are a constant push and pull, with each striving to assert dominance over the other. Despite their inherent conflict, they are irrevocably linked, making it nearly impossible to find them together in one place.

**Abilities:**
Foxy is a clever genius as an inventor and as a financial guru, specializing in the manipulation of time and space. Her exposure to her own experiments has granted her heightened spatial sense, a mental shield, and the ability to create teleportation portals at will. However, she believes her teleportation ability is flawed, resulting in random temporal blackouts in her memory, complicating her endeavors and adding an element of unpredictability to her actions.

Edited by sxeBUDDHA (see edit history)