Chatter

Nerian

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked over both of your sheets, and everything looks good. I'm just giving some more time for hopefully another couple people apply.

Hello! This is a really neat system you're cooking here, I'm excited to try it out :)

All my numerical/stat stuff is done (feel free to take a look and let me know if I've made any errors), gonna roll for gold and flesh out my equipment info tomorrow.

Happy to meet everyone!

What do our dudes know about the setting? So far we have at least one city. Since we can come up with any reason for going there, it must be a thriving major city full of opportunities and planned events, and possibly with a seedy underbelly if we get a thief in the party. I added a "Holy See" in my background, but I can change that to the church for a state religion, or simply the Crown. I want my guy to come from a land like a medieval European equivalent.

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

Now indeed a little bit of details might be handy, even if this is obviously mostly a game for experimental purposes.

I'm playing a Monk, so obviously there must things like Monastic Orders, or Monasteries, or something like that.

And we have a Pixie and two Nobles, so it makes for an interesting caravan to say the least !

Sorry weekends are bit slower for me, since that is the time I get to spend with my family.

Let me look over sleepydogboys' character then we can talk a bit about the setting.

Posted (edited)

I like it sleepydogboy going against norms of a particular race.

Just an FYI the Xp multipliers for half orc I changed them not sure what I was thinking when I was setting up the race.

You do not have to change your character at this time, just be aware of the charges for the future.

The world is pretty malleable at this time. There are Monastic Orders and Monasteries, and kingdoms and deities and all that stuff.

Yuvia is the capital of the Celestrial Empire. So yes it is a pretty big city.

Ya'll are all travelers so you have seen parts of the world, feel free to make up cities or whatever ya'll want as far as places ya'll have visited, I'm pretty easy going with my games.

Most of the world is a medieval European equivalent, except magick is a bit more prevalent considering most people can learn or have a slight form of magick. Most people can do a few parlor tricks, maybe help clean, very specialized magick to do 1 or maybe 2 jobs.

Do ya'll have particular questions about the world?

Edited by Nerian (see edit history)

I don't know if it will be relevant or not, but could you tell us a bit about the area we are in ? Are we travelling from peaceful lands to peaceful lands through peaceful lands ? Are we leaving a warzone and going to a capitol at war ? are there very relevant and widely known things that our character should know about the area we are in right now, please ?

3 hours ago, Thot said:

I don't know if it will be relevant or not, but could you tell us a bit about the area we are in ? Are we travelling from peaceful lands to peaceful lands through peaceful lands ? Are we leaving a warzone and going to a capitol at war ? are there very relevant and widely known things that our character should know about the area we are in right now, please ?

Currently the areas that you have traveled through have been at peace.

Normal medieval areas, you've heard farming was good last year, although this year doesn't appear to be doing as great.

The Caravan hasn't been attacked, which is a bit unusual since there are monsters, and Caravans do get attacked from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be making a post sometime later today. Weekends are a slow time on the forums for me, since it's the only time I really get to spend with my family.

You can always hit the Clone button to copy, then the little icon that looks like two squares in the top of the post you are making to put it in the post. For the pictures, if you go to the bottom of the new post, there is an option to add a file. Tap that, pick the picture, add it in. To make it float right, double click the picture and it comes up with options to resize or move it right or left. Otherwise, the user guides forum thing is helpful, or just experimenting with buttons. It takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it things start to feel intuitive.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)