Chatter

Nerian

Makial got both the Awareness Perk, and Danger Sense Perk. I don't mind being taken by surprise for the sake of the story, but I thought I would mention it anyway in case it becomes relevant at some point.

I am assuming the offer to roll Cunning + Perception extends to all of us ? Also, I am assuming a standard difficulty of 8, so actually 7 for Makial thanks to the Awareness Perk. Please correct me if any of this is wrong, of course.

Name
Cunning 3 + Perception 1
success(4d10,7,above,no,no) 9,3,10,5

Aside from whether or not we know if this prince (or any prince) is on the caravan, do we recognise the name at all or have any background on them? Looking for some kind of in game rationale as to why we wouldn't just shrug and let them search (beyond the fact that the bandits seem like the bad guys. But how knows, maybe the prince is an evil selfish noble and these are the glorious revolutionaries fighting for the common man)

Edit: Oh does dropping the difficulty change the number rather than just reducing the number of required successes. That makes sense otherwise it would just be the same as an extra dice.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

a reduction in the difficulty is as follows.

So currently difficulty is an 8 or higher, so only 8 or above is a success, a reduction in difficulty means that you succeed on that die if it is a 7 or more

As far as the prince, the name might be familiar, but you would have never seen him or know what he looks like.

You don't know much about the prince, so... These guys don't look like bandits. You can roll a knowledge + history or a different skill if you have good justification. To tell if you know where their clothes come from, since there are insignias and things on their clothing.

I'll roll for History in my next post, but whether or not the Prince is a good guy or a meanie, Alfrid has no intentions of giving him up. He assumes that the forest people are bandits.

They don't really have a look of mercenaries, they almost look like knights, or some kind of armed forces.

Is there a Lore thread I've missed? Because none of these names are ringing any bells for me, so I've just rolled with Taunus home town being an isolated forest village that got on by itself.

You may know that Aurelia is a neighboring kingdom of the Celestrial Empire, which is where ya'll are heading

I'm sorry I misspoke you are a few miles from the capital. I was speaking of when the Caravan started. Ya'll are firmly within the Celestrial Empire.

My point I was trying to get across, was that Aurelia is a neighboring kingdom