Discussion about rules

Nerian

The Tabaxi bonus to stealth and perception are dice, not a XP multiplier

So effectively if a tabaxi puts 1 in stealth, they have 3 dice to roll for the stealth skill. This does not reduce the amount of XP they have to pay for the skill

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear - my point was that giving free dice seems much much more "powerful" than an XP reduction in terms of XP saved. Unless I've interpreted the core rules incorrectly.

It seems similar to WoD system, so I understood Each point you purchase with XP gives you one additional d10 to roll? So if you've 2 points in perception you would roll [attribute]+2 dice. If you're a Tabaxi, you would roll an extra 2 dice on top of that for perception and stealth, which is the equivalent of having two extra free points of the most expensive end for each of those skills, which is equivalent to a lot more XP than a 1 point reduction (that tops out at 15XP saved only for all 5 points?)

The intent is it to be more powerful at the beginning levels, but less powerful as the game progresses.

I think I understand what you are saying and I think I have come up with a better way to do what I was hoping to accomplish

What do you think about a -1 Difficulty to those dice... I think that might fit better with what I'm thinking, thanks for your input.

Oh If everybody is complete with their character sheets ya'll are welcome to start posting.