Edit History

2 hours ago, ArtamenaV said:

@Ziminar I think I did my attack right? not sure as it is officially my first ever attack (YAY :D)

How do we know when the wolves are dead?

I hate to be the bearer of "bad" news, but the bless die (d4) goes on the attack. In this case, it's purely academic, as you hit with that 22 regardless.

Instead of 12 radiant damage, you only did 9.

For the sake of clarity in your rolls, you might want to label them a wee bit more thoroughly, and you don't need to write the dice expression:

"Guiding Bolt Ranged Spell Attack vs Wolf 4 + Bless" and you can combine the damage rolls into that if you like, or roll separately to see if you hit in the first place (like you did), and then when you roll damage:

"Guiding Bolt Radiant Damage".

My personal style is to do all three rolls at once (the third roll is if you crit, so you roll extra damage dice), as you can see in my example below.

Guiding Bolt Ranged Spell Attack vs Wolf 4 + Bless; Radiant Damage; Crit -> 17; 8; 14.

Here, I probably hit with the 17, so I deal 8 radiant damage. If I had crit, then I'd add the 14 to the 8.

1 hour ago, ArtamenaV said:

@Ziminar I think I did my attack right? not sure as it is officially my first ever attack (YAY :D)

How do we know when the wolves are dead?

I hate to be the bearer of "bad" news, but the bless die (d4) goes on the attack. In this case, it's purely academic, as you hit with that 22 regardless.

Instead of 12 radiant damage, you only did 9.

For the sake of clarity in your rolls, you might want to label them a wee bit more thoroughly, and you don't need to write the dice expression:

"Guiding Bolt Ranged Spell Attack vs Wolf 4 + Bless" and you can combine the damage rolls into that if you like, or roll separately to see if you hit in the first place (like you did), and then when you roll damage:

"Guiding Bolt Radiant Damage".

My personal style is to do all three rolls at once (the third roll is if you crit, so you roll extra damage dice)