Edit History

7 hours ago, ArtamenaV said:

What is the attack for Guiding Bolt if not the 4d6 radiant damage? Is there another attack roll I need to add in order to add the d4?

Cointhief beat me to it, but yes, Guiding Bolt requires you to roll a Ranged Spell Attack (which you did in your post, so no problem there, I believe!). When I said that Bless (d4) goes on the attack, not the damage, I meant that you add the d4 from Bless to your attack roll: 1d20+4+1d4, not your damage, which remains a straight 4d6 and does not get an extra 1d4.

On your post, you rolled an 18+4=22

Your damage was 1+1+6+1=9

the 1d4 from bless rolled a 3, so your attack roll is actually 18+4+3=25 to hit. That's why I said adding the bless was academic. There are only 8 creatures in the game (ignoring 3rd-party material) that a 22 wouldn't hit. The 3 from bless doesn't turn your die-roll into a critical success, so you just hit more gooder.

7 hours ago, ArtamenaV said:

What is the attack for Guiding Bolt if not the 4d6 radiant damage? Is there another attack roll I need to add in order to add the d4?

Cointhief beat me to it, but yes, Guiding Bolt requires you to roll a Ranged Spell Attack (which you did in your post, so no problem there, I believe!). When I said that Bless (d4) goes on the attack, not the damage, I meant that you add the d4 from Bless to your attack roll: 1d20+4+1d4, not your damage, which remains a straight 4d6 and does not get an extra 1d4.