Chapter 1: A Great Upheaval

Date

24 Ches 1490 DR,
The Claw of the Sunsets,
the Year of the Star Walker's Return

Early Afternoon

Temperature: 18 F (−7.8 C)
Winds: Very Strong, at 50 mph (80.5 kmph).
Precipitation: Moderate snow
Relative Humidity: Moderate
Selûne: 2nd Qtr

image.png.a122128ff06423200479e761d1e2890a.png

This chapter is designed to advance a party of 1st-level characters to 5th level. The characters gain levels by accomplishing various goals.

Nightstone is a fortified settlement located a few miles south of the Ardeep Forest, in the untamed hills between Waterdeep and Daggerford. A lonely wooden signpost, standing where the trail to Nightstone meets the High Road, points the way to the settlement.

Nightstone’s closest neighbors are the elves of the Ardeep Forest. Hunters from Nightstone have incurred the elves’ wrath on multiple occasions. However, elves are the least of the settlement’s problems, as fledgling heroes who come to Nightstone in search of adventure quickly discover.

You all set out on the morning of the 21st day of Ches, 1490 DR. A lot of the people you spoke with the previous evening are eating a breakfast and slowly making their way out and on with their lives. Even those that said they were headed to Nightstone, for whatever reason either change their minds, or perhaps spend the a few days more in Daggerford, instead, before they head to your destination.

The six of you are all that is left of the huge group last night, and off you go, each heading to Nightstone for your own reasons.

It takes you three days, and anyone with any knowledge of the geography can surmise that you have just 15 more miles to go—but you just can’t. After twenty-four miles per day for three days, you’re all absolutely exhausted and simply must make camp for the night.

On the morning of the 24th day of Ches, you awaken from your camp and continue up the high road. Around 10 in the morning you spot a wooden signpost next to a trail that heads north into the hills. Nailed to the post are three arrow-shaped signs. The two marked “Waterdeep” and “Daggerford” follow the High Road but point in opposite directions. The third, marked “Nightstone,” beckons you to follow the trail. If memory serves, Nightstone is roughly 12 miles up the trail—another four hours . . . the final four hours.

After following the trail for 12 miles, you hear the ringing of a bell. The sound grows louder as Nightstone comes into view around 2 in the afternoon. A river flows around the settlement, forming a moat. The village itself is contained within a wooden palisade, beyond which you see a windmill, a tall steeple, and the high-pitched rooftops of several other buildings. Apart from the ringing of the bell, you detect no other activity in the village. The trail ends before a lowered drawbridge that spans the moat. Beyond the drawbridge, two stone watchtowers flank an open gap in the palisade.

South of the village and surrounded by the river moat is a cone-shaped, flat-topped hill on which stands a stone keep enclosed by a wooden wall. The keep, which overlooks the village, has partially collapsed. A wooden bridge that once connected the keep to the village has also partially collapsed.

DC 13 Intelligence (History) Check   Nightstone got its name from a massive chunk of obsidian that once stood in the middle of the village square. The obsidian megalith had strange glyphs carved into it and radiated magic under the scrutiny of detect magic spells, but its properties and purpose couldn’t be ascertained. The villagers assumed it was a relic of some bygone age or kingdom and left it alone.

The following warning signs indicate that all is not well in Nightstone:

• The drawbridge (area 1) is lowered, and the perimeter watchtowers (area 2) are unguarded.
  • The temple bell (area 5) won’t stop ringing.
  • The keep (area 14) and the bridge that connects it to the village (area 11) have partially collapsed.

1. Drawbridge

The drawbridge is lowered when the party first arrives. It is 20 feet long, 10 feet wide, and made of sturdy oak planks. Iron chains bolted to the drawbridge connect to winch mechanisms in the nearby watchtowers (area 2a).

Footprints

Characters who search the area west of the drawbridge see several humanoid tracks in the grass and dirt.

A successful DC 15 Wisdom (Survival) check reveals . . .. . . that most of the tracks (made by several dozen fleeing villagers) lead north. A successful check also reveals smaller humanoid tracks (made by roughly a dozen goblins) heading from the north toward the drawbridge, as well as two sets of unusually large wolf tracks heading in the same direction.

2. Watchtowers

Seven stone watchtowers stand along the village perimeter. Each tower is 20 feet tall, with a roof enclosed by crenellated battlements. Inside each tower is a wooden ladder that leads to an unlocked trapdoor in the roof.

Worgs2a. West Towers

Two watchtowers flank the entrance to the village, forming a gatehouse of sorts. Each tower contains a winch, and both mechanisms must be turned to extend or retract the chains that raise and lower the drawbridge. If both winches are operated simultaneously, it takes 1 round to raise or lower the drawbridge by 30 degrees. In other words, the fully lowered drawbridge can be fully raised in 3 rounds.

3. Square

Two worgs slaughtered a dog and are feasting on its remains in the northeast corner of the village square (near the cart).

The square is a muddy open area with a 5-foot-deep hole in the middle of it. North of the hole is a covered well. Other features of the village square include an empty wooden cart and a couple of tethering posts planted firmly in the ground. From the square, characters can see signs identifying the Nightstone Inn (area 8) and the Lionshield Coster trading post (area 9).

Nightstone: General Features

Nightstone is a motte-and-bailey fortification built on the Ardeep River. The settlement’s general features are summarized here.

Bailey. A 15-foot-high wooden palisade encloses the village bailey. The palisade’s logs rise to sharpened points, and the gaps between the logs are sealed with tar. The palisade and its stone watchtowers (see area 2) can’t be climbed without the aid of climbing gear or magic, such as a spider climb spell. All the buildings in the village, except the watchtowers, are made of wood and have steep, shingled rooftops. Muddy paths connect them.

Moat. Water from the river fills the moat to a depth of 15 feet. The moat is 30 feet wide, narrowing to a width of 20 feet under the drawbridge (area 1). The moat is home to schools of trout.

Motte. The keep overlooking the village stands atop a constructed, funnel-shaped hill called a motte. The rocky slopes of the motte are covered with loose shale, and scaling these slopes without climbing gear requires a successful DC 20 Strength (Athletics) check. Encircling the motte’s keep is an 8-foot-high stone parapet with a 15-foot-high outer curtain wall made of thick wooden planks perforated with shuttered archer windows. The outer walls of the keep are made of smooth, tightly fitted stone bricks. The keep and the outer curtain wall can’t be climbed without the aid of climbing gear or magic, such as a spider climb spell.

Rocks. As the characters explore Nightstone, they see rocks embedded in the earth, holes punched through rooftops, shattered wreckage, and dead villagers buried under piles of debris. The rocks are 3 feet in diameter and weigh 500 pounds each.

image.png.e6aaf435c832930897d26213c2f1d847.png

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

spacer.pngDuala

Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin

HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 1d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Str: 16 | Dex: 11 | Con: 14 | Int: 13 | Wis:14 | Cha: 16

Darkvision | Relentless Endurance: 1/1 | Savage Attacks | Languages

Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 5/5

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

Duala is not a difficult person to figure out, as she's open and upfront. She is no mysterious stranger in the shadowy corner of a room. She strides into the light of day, the good, the bad, even the ugly. During their journey, the others learn several things about her.

• Confidence: She is the kind of person who is comfortable in her own skin. Willing to speak up, to laugh, even to admit when she's wrong such as how much longer they'd need to travel, she did so without reservation.
  • Obsession with learning and growing: There's a hunger in Duala to pick up on new knowledge, experience new things, and to improve. She exercises, she reads, she practices her violin, she wants to be a well-rounded, strong person and strives to make it a reality.
  • Faith: She worships Lathander, but also feels like one's faith is a personal matter, unless they choose to spread it. She doesn't try to convert anyone, but happily states that her faith helps her stay positive and focused on the bad days, to be humble and grateful on the good ones.
  • Grace: For as much as she seems to push herself, she gives others grace. Extroverted or introverted, happy or sad, she accommodates people not expecting them to meet her where she's at.
  • Tough past: She is honest that she was in chains as early as she can remember, used as a pit fighter and laborer. She was freed by good people, and hopes to pass it down. She cannot change the past, but she feels she can control her own future now.

At first as they arrive Duala is relieved, admittedly her feet are sore with blisters. However, it becomes quick to see something is terribly wrong, and her face is stone cold. "This is... we should stay together? Check the bell? Kill us some worg?" She takes a step up front her sword and shield brought to bare, but defers to others' judgement on how to proceed.

Internally Duala is afraid. Less so herself, at least for the moment, and more on what's happened to the people? She came to do good... are they already too late?

OOC

xxx

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
History Check (DC 13)
1d20+1 18
Survival Check (DC 15)
1d20+2 8

spacer.pngThordin Galorspyd

Human Giant Foundling Rune Knight Fighter

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

Thordin silently took point and inspected the tracks to the west. He found…

“This is the only way into the village? The ubudenin did not break through the palisades. Some one must have let them in. The rocks however…” he looked to where the church bells sounded at Duala’s suggestion. “Perhaps the survivors are there, ringing the bell to call for help. Smalvolken use those as shelters, correct?”

OOC

Movement:

Interaction:

Bonus Action:

Action: Checking the foot prints

Reaction:

| AC: 16 | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30' | Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 11 | Initiative: +2 |

| STR: 18 (+4) | Dex: 15 (+2) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1) |

| Hill Strike 2/2 | Greater Weapon Fighting | Second Wind 1/1 |

To Whom It May Concern . . .

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)
Name
Survival
1d20+5 11

tokenOmarBaldul.png.313a680dd8b5f60122a387589e484577.pngOmar Baldul

Human Sage Evocation Wizard

AC: 11 | HP: 9/9 (1d6) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (14) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 14 (+2)

IC: “My words are bold ”  | 'My thoughts slanted"  | My actions are plain . . .

The trip has been long and tiresome, Omar doesn't mind the long march, as it allows him plenty of time to look around and think about the things he sees. Yet the arrival at the village makes him uneasy, are those bells chiming an alarm or just calling all the faithful believers to the temple.

"How strange to see those watchtowers deserted. In my homelands this is very unusual, is it common in the north for also the watch to congregate all at the same and leaving the gate open?" he asks in general.

Then suddenly upon spotting the feasting worgs, his grip tightens around his staff "Stay calm Omar, remember the words of Master Braufix. Nobody wants to see a wizard frightend.".

He hears Duala's suggestion to slay the worgs "I don't much care for those beasts either Duala, but perhaps we should see first what the bell ringing is about. Perhaps somebody is in need of our immediate help. Thordin has a point there"

He turns toward the temple and looks closely for any signs of the citizens of Nightstone

OOC

I will add a history check as well

Edited by Shocker
included RedDingo into my comment (see edit history)
Name
History
1d20+6 15

cowboy3.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

AC 18 | HP 12/12 (1/1d10 +2) | Sense 4/4 | LoH 5/5
Str 16 | Dex 12 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 12 | Cha 16

Spellcasting +5 DC 13 | Cantrips | Shield 1/1

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,'  | My actions

Garon travels with the crew as an equal, although it's pretty clear he is a noble. While polite and respectful with everyone, he keeps his business to himself. During their journey, the others learn several things about him:

• Respect. He believes that all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
  • Sadness. He lives beneath a cloud of some kind that he won't share.
  • Heroes. He believes in heroes. He wants to become a hero. But he probably doesn't how people become heroes.
  • Faith. He follows Chauntea and can repeat her dogma and blessings but has not put much thought into.
  • Past of luxury. It's pretty clear that he's always lived in relative luxury.

Upon arriving, he is immediately anxious. "This is not right. The drawbridge should be up or at least guarded. The temple bell rings in alarm, and the keep's bridge is partially collapsed." He draws his sword to punctuate his alarm.

He follows his new companions into the square preparing for melee. The two creatures feasting on a dog are as large as a horse. Garon stops analyzing the scene. Pointing his sword at the worgs, he declares, "those monsters must die."

He swivels his head to look at his companions for consensus. Some said they wanted to go to the nearby temple first. He would prefer not to let know enemies behind them.

OOC

Right hand: Longsword
Left hand: Shield

Put Player mention tags, and any particular notes in here.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
History DC 13
1d20+2 15
Survival DC 15
1d20+1 5

spacer.pngDuala

HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 1d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Duala, it is only natural for people to disagree. Life is not one path, but many. And people will each take a route according to their will. A leader does not choose one path for all. They see the many paths before and plans for it.

A deep, gravel-toned, woman's voice echoes in Duala's mind, a lesson from one of her mentors. Of course as she asked where to go to, even with two choices, there is a split vote. So be it.

"You speak true, Garon. And it will be so. Give me a moment to check the church. Yod, Thordin? One with me, one with Garon. Omar, Zhasi? Be ready to be our anchor and keep us all safe."

She slowly moves towards the church doors to see what may be ringing the bell. With her chainmail on, she is not stealthy, nor does she try to be, her focus more on spotting danger than hiding herself. She's been in many a fight before, but not like this. No, for all her matches growing up, for all her training with the Harpers... this is a true fight and she does her best to steel herself, to push down the swelling of worry and panic that threatens to take her.

OOC

Perception Check

Name
Perception Check for inside church
1d20+2 5

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

Thordin meditated on the ways of the krig, his mentor had taught him. Then he marched forward to Garon’s side and readied his halberd.

“We are stronger unsplit, Duala. This was a siege that breached the towns defenses,” Thordin said. “Those beasts merely serve the ubudenin…the invaders, but they were likely stationed there. If there are survivors, they are holed up in the keep or other shelters the invaders cannot yet reach. Either one of them is ringing the bell or it is an ubudenr trap to lure us. If it’s the former, they can wait for us to kill the worgs. If the latter, we are better off dispatching the worgs before springing their snare. In both cases, killing those creatures first behooves us.”

OOC

Movement: Moving East and following Garon

Interaction:

Bonus Action:

Action:

Reaction: if any worg gets within my reach, I make an attack with my Halberd as per the pole arm master feat

| AC: 16 | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30' | Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 11 | Initiative: +2 |

| STR: 18 (+4) | Dex: 15 (+2) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1) |

Player mention tags, and any particular notes in here.

cowboy3.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

Garon furrows his brow. While agreeing with him, Duala disagreed with him and headed toward the temple first. He had see that tactic countless times at the supper table or his family's hall.

The giant fighter closed to his side preparing to fight the worgs, but Garon agreed with him that they should stick together. Who knows where the invaders are in here?

He nods toward the giant and sidesteps toward the temple keeping his shield facing the monsters that needed to die. However, he wants to be close enough to Duala to reach her if she called for help.

OOC

Right hand: Longsword

Move closer to the temple trying to hold the same distance to the worgs.

Action Perception

Name
Perception
1d20+1 17

ce872034a624bc5059627dd657a21870.jpgYod Ironbeard

Shield Dwarf Folk Hero Ancestral Guardian Barbarian

AC: 15 | HP: 18/18 (1d12) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 19 (+5) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 13 (+1) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Rage: 2/2 |

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Along the journey to Nightstone, Yod is a bit grumpy still not happy that he somehow missed making it to Nightstone the FIRST time he went this way. With the weather continue to be poor with snow and cold, the dwarf puts on a shirt and complains the whole time how hot he is. Of course, he's probably just lying.

• Tireless. Yod is a font of endurance and never complains about the harsh conditions or snow.
  • Spirit warrior. It's clear that he receives guidance from his dwarven ancestors. He doesn't talk much about it, yet. But it's clear that he gains incites from those who came before him.
  • Mason. He talks about stone and masonry all the time. He will comment on any stonework that he sees and will note the kinds of stone he sees.
  • Reluctant Hero. He isn't sure how he feels about being called to be a hero. Now that he has the tools, Yod feels a certain obligation to honor the wishes of his ancestors.

As they finally come upon Nightstone, Yod nods briefly that their journey is finally over. As the others note the oddness of the drawbridges and the watchtowers, the dwarf strokes his beard searching it for answers. He listens to what the others say and considers that to do. Yod says, "That damn bell ringing is really annoying, but I'm thinking those worgs are a bigger thing to worries about. I'll go with Duala to the temple, but let's take out those beasties before going in. But giving it a good listen seems like a good thing. Maybe hit them critters from afar before we close in on 'em."

Yod doesn't like this one bit. He was supposed to be heading to the Nightstone Inn, but this is nothing like what he expected. He points to the big rock in the middle of the road and adds, "Damn. Just...damn. That would sting to land on your noggin."

He moves with Duala to the temple door.

OOC

I like the summary of things learned on the trip there and am mimics that for Yod's post. Good idea!

I like the idea of listening at the temple door to see if we can't figure out what's on the other side. But the worgs are a known enemy. He'd like to throw a javelin at the worgs first and hope that they chase towards. them.

spacer.pngZhasi

Yuan-Ti Life Cleric

ACChainmail 16 + Shield 2 18 | HP1D8+3
No damage
 11/11 (1/1D8+3) Darkvision 60ft | Resistances Poison/Magic
Str 16 | Dex 12 | Con 16 | Int 16 | Wis 18 | Cha 14

Spellcasting +6 DC 14 | CantripsAnimal Friendship (snakes only)
Guidance
Mending
Poison Spray
Sacred Flame
| 1st Level SpellsBless
Cure Wounds
Healing Word
Create/Destroy Water
2/2

Primary: Mace (+5, 1D6+3) | Secondary: Shield

IC - “My words,” Zhasi said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Zhasi thought. | My actions.

Zhasi had been somewhat miserable for most of the day. Apparently, the time in the cold and wet didn't get resolved with a single night's sleep in the inn, no matter how good the food was. And as such, he had been fighting a fever and a series of sniffles that made him both look and feel pathetic despite his size and well-cared-for body. He kept his misery to himself, however, no one cared for a whiner and Zhasi had survived harsher, even if it had been in distant memory. But truth be told, he was in his own little world when the group arrived at the village of Nightstone.

With a sniffle he draws himself back to the world and retightens his cloak around his shoulders. With a practiced motion he draws his mace and starts strapping on his shield. "Dangerous times." With that, Zhashi mutters something to himself and then makes a deep inhale before spitting behind the rest of the group with a spit that leaves a burning acidic weep on the ground. That was neither polite nor proper, but Zhasi felt that he would need to be able to breath with how this village looked, and propriety and respect could wait when others were in need.

"I agree with Yod. We stay together, handle the wargs so we don't get pincered, and then rescue the church folk."

OOC

Knowledge History Check

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20+5 4

Posted (edited)
Date

24 Ches 1490 DR,
The Claw of the Sunsets,
the Year of the Star Walker's Return

Early Afternoon

Temperature: 18 F (−7.8 C)
Winds: Very Strong, at 50 mph (80.5 kmph).
Precipitation: Moderate snow
Relative Humidity: Moderate
Selûne: 2nd Qtr

Temple

Duala and Garon enter the temple to find out what’s going on with the ceaselessly ringing bell. When they enter, the two can see beautiful rugs along the stone floor. These thick, wool rugs are inviting and soft to walk on, and show signs of many people sitting on them for many years during services. At the east end, next to a door, is an altar with two large, heavy, lit braziers on it—though no fuel in the braziers seems to feed the flames that light up the temple’s nave.

worgs art   Duala can’t seem to hear anything other than the cacophonous mixing of bell clangs and resounding overtones that give bells their unique, alluringly dissonant sound. Garon, however, listens carefully and craning his neck, he can hear two goblins yipping and yapping in glee as they ring and ring the bells again and again.

“Ee hee hee~! Yank it again, Vark!” one says. CLANG!

“Ah ha ha~! Your turn, Beedo!” the other responds. KONG!

“Woohoo,” two voices whoop in unison.

You can shut and lock the temple doors.

Of Note: There are no goblins riding these worgs. That’s just the art.

Worgs

I say we feast like kings on those humans over there!” worg 1 seems to be saying to the other.

I think that snakish man looks delectable!” the other one replies.

The worgs begin stalking closer to you, salivating. At fifty feet from you, they run towards you.

Initiative!

The party’s average initiative of 11.7 beats the worg’s average initiative of 9.0. The party has the initiative!

Maps

image.png.ec969dfd6f7eb37cb5c66688ab32eaff.png

image.png.aa84627bd1997e55d543289255b792f2.png

Statblocks

worgsWorg

Large Monstrosity, Neutral Evil
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 26 (4d10 + 4)

Worg HP Max-HP % Remaining Notes
1 29 29 100%
2 32 32 100%

Speed 50 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 13 (+1) 13 (+1) 7 (−2) 11 (+0) 8 (−1)

Skills Perception +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Goblin, Worg
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Keen Hearing and Smell. The worg has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

• Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

Environment: Forest, Grassland, Hill

Source: MM, page 341. Also found in PotA; SKT; WDMM; ERLW; IDRotF; CM; BMT; DoDk. Available in the SRD.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Duala's Initiative
1d20+0 20
Garon's Initiative
1d20+1 5
Omar's Initiative
1d20+1 7
Thordin's Initiave
1d20+2 16
Yod's Initiative
1d20+1 9
Zhasi's Initiative
1d20+1 7
Worg 1's Initiative
1d20+1 7
Worg 2's Initiative
1d20+1 9

Thordin ran forward to meet the beasts in battle. He took up a defensive stance, waiting to dodge and strike the first creature to attack.

Grunbairn…Goblins,” he said, remembering the tracks.

OOC

Movement: move 30’ towards worgs to Z17

Interaction:

Bonus Action:

Action: Dodge Action

Reaction: Opportunity Attacking the first one within 10’ of me as per Polearm Master

Player mention tags, and any particular notes in here.

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)

cowboy3.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

Garon's face turns a shade paler when the worgs dash toward them. 'This is it.' He thinks to himself.

Then, his legs weaken when the giant charges them! 'What is he doing?' screams in his mind.

He takes a deep breath and sheathes his longsword. He calls into the temple to Yod and Duala, "I hear two goblins in there playing with the bell, and the monsters out here are charging!"

Garon strides out of the temple positioning himself between the worgs and Zhasi and Omar. After another deep, centering breath and remembering his lessons from his arcanist tutor, he shouts, "Fuego!" sending a bolt of fire at one of the monsters. The bolt hits with a splash and burns the monster.

OOC

Right hand: Empty

Use Object sheath Longsword

Move to Z12

Action Cast Fire Bolt

Reaction Cast Shield if hit and worth it

Name
Fire Bolt vs 1
1d20+5 11
Fire damage to Worg 1
1d10 6

spacer.pngDuala

Duala turns her head, hearing Garon's warnings. She can't hear any Goblins, but then again, hearing is not her strong suit. More important than that, the beasts did charge, and Duala has to accept the moment and reflect upon what she could've done differently after. For now, she has to act.

Knowing the Goblins may just spill forth from deeper in the temple any moment, but also trying to get back to the worgs, she moves back, just outside, her eyes going wide seeing that Thordin is already out ahead. So long as he can hold out for a few minutes, she can move to help.

Just a few more moments...

OOC

Movement: Move back to Y11 outside where Thordin started the turn

Action: Readying an attack with reaction if an enemy gets within 5 feet

Bonus Action: -

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

ce872034a624bc5059627dd657a21870.jpgYod Ironbeard

Shield Dwarf Folk Hero Ancestral Guardian Barbarian

AC: 15 | HP: 18/18 (1d12) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 19 (+4) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 13 (+1) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Rage: 2/2 |

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Barely hearing Garon's caution over the constant clanging of the bells just over his head, Yod glances at the half-orc who immediately starts moving outside the temple. He was afraid that those worgs would be the bigger threat. Moving outside the door, he quickly assesses the situation, seeing Garon's hand flash quickly with fire. He says, "Yeah, enough of this crap. Someone's gonna get killed! Goblins in the tower, worgs in the town square."

Reaching back across his back, he pulls out a single javelin and tosses it at that same now-singed worg. The weapon flies from his hand and wobbles in the air feebly before slamming into the ground well in front of the creature. The dwarf looks curiously at the weapon like it surely must be cursed because there's just no way he could miss so badly.

OOC

Move: Move to Y12. That should be just in front of Duala

Attack:  Make a ranged javelin attack vs. worg 1.

• Attack - Missed with a 1!

Edited by Shadeus (see edit history)
Name
Javelin attack vs. Worg 1
1d20+6 1