Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

4 hours ago, Trish_the_Nugg_Queen said:

I think it'd be interesting from a narrative perspective to have squad mode kick in for the first time at an appropriately cinematic moment - the odds are stacked against the squad, and regardless of cultural differences or disagreements on tactics, everyone knows the only way any of them are surviving is by trusting each other. This doesn't mean you'll all get along ever after from that point; half the fun of Deathwatch is having these larger-than-life characters butting heads but still saving the day in the end. I'm certainly not going to be restricting the group from initiating squad mode for story reasons, i.e. "You're not getting along well enough so no squad mode for you", but I do like to have a synergy between roleplay and rollplay.

That'd be awesome!

I faintly remember something about oaths? If we're not a well coordinated kill-team, do we still elect a leader and give an oath?

By the way, I don't get the comic. Can someone explain it to me?

Ayeba

Ayeba

4 hours ago, Trish_the_Nugg_Queen said:

I think it'd be interesting from a narrative perspective to have squad mode kick in for the first time at an appropriately cinematic moment - the odds are stacked against the squad, and regardless of cultural differences or disagreements on tactics, everyone knows the only way any of them are surviving is by trusting each other. This doesn't mean you'll all get along ever after from that point; half the fun of Deathwatch is having these larger-than-life characters butting heads but still saving the day in the end. I'm certainly not going to be restricting the group from initiating squad mode for story reasons, i.e. "You're not getting along well enough so no squad mode for you", but I do like to have a synergy between roleplay and rollplay.

That'd be awesome!

I faintly remember something about oaths? If we're not a well coordinated kill-team, do we still elect a leader and give an oath?