Edit History

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

2 hours ago, EDTA said:

There was a precursor to that in a blog post that is also popular here. Actually somewhat more popular, that's basically the core of it.

It isn't really an issue if something "works" with it or not. It's more basic stuff like whether or not someone needs to take Weapon Finesse at level 1 in order to not be terrible at fighting because you're dexterity based, or getting to take something more exciting than Power Attack at level 1. It's a way to cut down on prerequisite feats and feat taxes that plague certain (martial) types of characters at low levels.

There's even an even further stripped down from I've seen where just Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, and Combat Expertise simply don't exist and are just things everyone can do with the proper weapon for Finesse or with 1 BAB for the others.

Liked this version more but making my own version:

Added:

• Feats that can be bought as Background Traits (And 2 Background Traits can be bought as a feat):
    • Weapon Finesse
    • Agile Maneuvers
    • Combat Expertise
    • Power Attack
    • Powerful Maneuvers
    • Point-Blank Shot
    • Deadly Aim
    • Mobility
    • Dodge

bloodsprite

bloodsprite

1 hour ago, EDTA said:

There was a precursor to that in a blog post that is also popular here. Actually somewhat more popular, that's basically the core of it.

It isn't really an issue if something "works" with it or not. It's more basic stuff like whether or not someone needs to take Weapon Finesse at level 1 in order to not be terrible at fighting because you're dexterity based, or getting to take something more exciting than Power Attack at level 1. It's a way to cut down on prerequisite feats and feat taxes that plague certain (martial) types of characters at low levels.

There's even an even further stripped down from I've seen where just Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, and Combat Expertise simply don't exist and are just things everyone can do with the proper weapon for Finesse or with 1 BAB for the others.

Liked this version more but making my own version:

Added:

• Feats that can be bought as Background Traits (And 2 Background Traits can be bought as a feat):
    • Weapon Finesse
    • Agile Maneuvers
    • Combat Expertise
    • Deft Maneuvers
    • Power Attack
    • Powerful Maneuvers
    • Point-Blank Shot
    • Deadly Aim
    • Mobility
    • Dodge