Edit History

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Heather did notice Karl's parents in the crowd...buuuut she also noticed how they were definitely more "in the crowd" than "part of the crowd". Part of her wanted to say to Karl, "Well, at least they're here!" Fortunately, Heather had by this point stuck her foot in her mouth with Josef often enough that she was able to recognize when a well-intended statement of support would probably not have the desired result, so she kept quiet.

Although evidently those lessons, though well-learned, were somewhat selectively applied, because she couldn't help leaning over to say quietly to Josef, eyes dancing with amusement, "Your Dad's the best," with a little giggle. I mean come on, the guy had dressed up as a burning stick to show support for his son! How could you not love that?

--

Heather cheered and applauded all the speeches of her fellow Recruits with her normal and expected levels of enthusiasm. Err...mostly. She could admit it, Karl's speech drew a kind of wide-eyed look of surprise from her, and when he finished her applause was maybe half a second slow and slightly more subdued. I mean, good on him for saying what was in his heart but...oh snap!

--

Little surprise, her reactions to the power displays was similarly effervescent, after each new Page had rejoined the group. "Dude the fire thorns are wicked!" she told Josef excitedly. "Demons gonna get their faces wreecked~!"

The look she gave Remy was one of flat astonishment. "You can fly!?" she said immediately. I mean okay sure hover but was she moving laterally while not touching the ground? Yes, yes she was. That was flying as far as Heather was concerned. "Jealous!" she said with a laugh, and though she was certainly at least half-joking, even that was actually a pretty big deal for her. Heather was one of those people who tended to be just honestly happy for the good fortune of others. Remy had a noble heritage, a full and supportive family, access to wealth and luxury, a (I'm guessing) huge house, and still got to enjoy the same sort of personal day-to-day freedom as Heather did at least on most days. And this was still the first time she had expressed any sense of jealousy towards her whatsoever.

{Gushing about Gen and Lily's powers will be edited in here or possibly added to a future post!}

And for the second time in a row Karl got the most muted reaction from Heather. "Sooo...yeah, blood spear's looks pretty badass!" she said, with a slightly nervous laugh. "Um...tad creepy, not gonna lie, but still! Badass!" She considered asking where the blood for it came from and decided she neither needed nor desired to know.

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Heather did notice Karl's parents in the crowd...buuuut she also noticed how they were definitely more "in the crowd" than "part of the crowd". Part of her wanted to say to Karl, "Well, at least they're here!" Fortunately, Heather had by this point stuck her foot in her mouth with Josef often enough that she was able to recognize when a well-intended statement of support would probably not have the desired result, so she kept quiet.

Although evidently those lessons, though well-learned, were somewhat selectively applied, because she couldn't help leaning over to say quietly to Josef, eyes dancing with amusement, "Your Dad's the best," with a little giggle. I mean come on, the guy had dressed up as a burning stick to show support for his son! How could you not love that?

--

Heather cheered and applauded all the speeches of her fellow Recruits with her normal and expected levels of enthusiasm. Err...mostly. She could admit it, Karl's speech drew a kind of wide-eyed look of surprise from her, and when he finished her applause was maybe half a second slow and slightly more subdued. I mean, good on him for saying what was in his heart but...oh snap!

--

Little surprise, her reactions to the power displays was similarly effervescent, after each new Page had rejoined the group. "Dude the fire thorns are wicked!" she told Josef excitedly. "Demons gonna get their faces wreecked~!"

The look she gave Remy was one of flat astonishment. "You can fly!?" she said immediately. I mean okay sure hover but was she moving laterally while not touching the ground? Yes, yes she was. That was flying as far as Heather was concerned. "Jealous!" she said with a laugh, and though she was certainly at least half-joking, even that was actually a pretty big deal for her. Heather was one of those people who tended to be just honestly happy for the good fortune of others. Remy had a noble heritage, a full and supportive family, access to wealth and luxury, a (I'm guessing) huge house, and still got to enjoy the same sort of personal day-to-day freedom as Heather did at least on most days. And this was still the first time she had expressed any sense of jealousy towards her whatsoever.

{Gushing about Gen and Lily's powers will be edited in here or possibly added to a future post!}

And for the second time in a row Karl got the most muted reaction from Heather. "Sooo...yeah, blood spear's looks pretty badass!" she said, with a slightly nervous laugh. "Um...tad creepy, not gonna lie, but still! Badass!" She considered asking where the blood for it came from and decided she neither needed nor desired to know.

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Although evidently those lessons, though well-learned, were somewhat selectively applied, because she couldn't help leaning over to say quietly to Josef, eyes dancing with amusement, "You're Dad's the best," with a little giggle. I mean come on, the guy had dressed up as a burning stick to show support for his son! How could you not love that?

--

--