Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

Thanks a lot for the invitation.

I'm a 42 year old programmer from Norway. Married, with 3 daughters ranging from 6 to 16. I enjoyed roleplaying games immensely during my student years, though mostly the tabletop variant. With my current lifestyle, I can't afford the time investment required to maintain a stable weekly meetup, so I turn to forum-based roleplaying games again. I spent a good amount of time here on Myth-Weavers almost ten years ago, and now I'm back.

I don't remember if I started with D&D or Shadowrun first, but both have been long staples of my roleplaying career. I used to play a lot of computer games too, but it has been less of that lately. Apart from that, I like to read comics and novels. Most of the amateur novels I currently enjoy are published on royalroad.com. I also write a bit myself, but I have yet to complete a single novel. My latest project is on chapter 28, but has barely been touched since I started applying for roleplaying games.

While doing housework and other repetitive tasks, I enjoy listening to what essentially amounts to mini-podcasts. Typically YouTube videos where a single person dives into a topic I have some interest in, which spans a pretty wide range. Examples include history, speedrunning, technology, storytelling tropes, programming, theorycrafting in roleplaying games, current politics, obscure games, construction, accidents, economics, movies and more. If an enthusiastic and knowledgeable person talks about something in a way I can understand, I don't mind listening to it. Recently, for example, I took a deep dive into Warhammer 30k lore because of a different game here on Myth-Weavers.

I'd also like you to know that I invite opinions and criticism on my gameplay and posts. I know I have a tendency to be a besserwisser. While I try to keep it down, please let me know when I slip up.

Edit: Just an FYI; I find writing in-character posts from my phone to be extremely tedious and annoying. There are times when I might quickly answer OOC but delay an IC post because I'm unable to sit down in front of a computer.

Ayeba

Ayeba

I'm a 42 year old programmer from Norway. Married, with 3 daughters ranging from 6 to 16. I enjoyed roleplaying games immensely during my student years, though mostly the tabletop variant. With my current lifestyle, I can't afford the time investment required to maintain a stable weekly meetup, so I turn to forum-based roleplaying games again. I spent a good amount of time here on Myth-Weavers almost ten years ago, and now I'm back.

I don't remember if I started with D&D or Shadowrun first, but both have been long staples of my roleplaying career. I used to play a lot of computer games too, but it has been less of that lately. Apart from that, I like to read comics and novels. Most of the amateur novels I currently enjoy are published on royalroad.com. I also write a bit myself, but I have yet to complete a single novel. My latest project is on chapter 28, but has barely been touched since I started applying for roleplaying games.

While doing housework and other repetitive tasks, I enjoy listening to what essentially amounts to mini-podcasts. Typically YouTube videos where a single person dives into a topic I have some interest in, which spans a pretty wide range. Examples include history, speedrunning, technology, storytelling tropes, programming, theorycrafting in roleplaying games, current politics, obscure games, construction, accidents, economics, movies and more. If an enthusiastic and knowledgeable person talks about something in a way I can understand, I don't mind listening to it. Lately, for example, I took a deep dive into Warhammer 30k lore because of a different game here on Myth-Weavers.

I'd also like you to know that I invite opinions and criticism on my gameplay and posts. I know I have a tendency to be a besserwisser. While I try to keep it down, please let me know when I slip up.

Edit: Just an FYI; I find writing in-character posts from my phone to be extremely tedious and annoying. There are times when I might quickly answer OOC but delay an IC post because I'm unable to sit down in front of a computer.

Ayeba

Ayeba

While doing housework and other repetitive tasks, I enjoy listening to what essentially amounts to mini-podcasts. Typically YouTube videos where a single person dives into a topic I have some interest in, which spans a pretty wide range. Examples include history, speedrunning, technology, storytelling tropes, programming, theorycrafting in roleplaying games, current politics, obscure games, construction, accidents, economics, movies and more. If an enthusiastic and knowledgeable person talks about something in a way I can understand, I don't mind listening to it. Lately, for example, I took a deep dive into Warhammer 30k lore because of a different game here on Myth-Weavers.

Edit: Just an FYI; I find writing in-character posts to be extremely tedious and annoying from my phone. There are times when I might quickly answer OOC but delay an IC post because I'm unable to sit down in front of a computer.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Edit: Just an FYI, I find writing in-character posts to be extremely tedious and annoying from my phone. There are times when I might quickly answer OOC but delay an IC post because I'm unable to sit down in front of a computer.

Ayeba

Ayeba

I'd also like you to know what I invite opinions and criticism on my gameplay and posts. I know I have a tendency to be a besserwisser. While I try to keep it down, please let me know when I slip up.