Edit History

Ayeba

Ayeba

21 minutes ago, Newcomer said:

Finally, I'd like the team's thoughts. My usual druid spells right now are entangle, faerie fire, goodberry, healing word, and speak with animals. If I swap one of those out for create and destroy water, I'll need to drop something. I think I remember seeing someone else had faerie fire? If someone else is casting it, then I probably can skip it. It's a great spell, but I also don't want to lose the option of ritually speaking with any animals we encounter (druids can ritually cast prepared spells; wizards can ritually cast from their spellbook). Meanwhile, I think entangle, goodberry, and healing word will probably see regular use.

I think you can safely drop Faire Fire. Both Faerie Fire and Entangle affect the same area (20 foot cube/square), so you'll be forced to choose between the two in a combat situation. I think Entangle is the superior spell in most situations. Entangle imposes restrained, which grants advantage to attackers, disadvantage on the enemies' attack, and immobilization to add insult to injury. There are scenarios in which the anti-invisibility from Faerie Fire is useful, but for the most part it only provides advantage to attackers.

Ayeba

Ayeba

10 minutes ago, Newcomer said:

Finally, I'd like the team's thoughts. My usual druid spells right now are entangle, faerie fire, goodberry, healing word, and speak with animals. If I swap one of those out for create and destroy water, I'll need to drop something. I think I remember seeing someone else had faerie fire? If someone else is casting it, then I probably can skip it. It's a great spell, but I also don't want to lose the option of ritually speaking with any animals we encounter (druids can ritually cast prepared spells; wizards can ritually cast from their spellbook). Meanwhile, I think entangle, goodberry, and healing word will probably see regular use.

I think you can safely drop Faire Fire. Both Faerie Fire and Entangle affect the same area (20 foot cube/square), so you'll be forced to choose between the two in a combat situation. I think Entangle is the superior spell in most situations. Entangle imposes restrained, which grants advantage to attackers and immobilizes the enemy. There are scenarios in which the anti-invisibility from Faerie Fire is useful, but for the most part it only provides advantage to attackers.