Edit History

Newcomer

Newcomer

1 hour ago, Ayeba said:

I think you can safely drop Faire Fire. Both Faerie Fire and Entangle affect the same area (20 foot cube/square), so you'll be forced to choose between the two in a combat situation. I think Entangle is the superior spell in most situations. Entangle imposes restrained, which grants advantage to attackers, disadvantage on the enemies' attack, and immobilization to add insult to injury. There are scenarios in which the anti-invisibility from Faerie Fire is useful, but for the most part it only provides advantage to attackers.

That's all true, though faerie fire targets Dex saves, while entangle targets Str saves. That anti-invisibility part can be very helpful when it does come up, of course

Then I also have web, which is mostly an upgrade on entangle (though not exactly), and which targets Dex saves (but allows Str checks to escape).

1 hour ago, bwatford said:

Ritual spells risk the same effects as if you used bonus action. So today they have a 46% chance of a mishap. You don't need create water today so if you are going to cast two spells, just roll the chance here, anything 46 and below will trigger, and I will determine what effects happen.

It is best to limit spellcasting on "stormy" days.

If we're using the hut, maybe we'll skip alarm on "stormy" days, unless there's some passage we want to keep an eye on. I'll try rolling for the night's goodberry, though. This is my first time trying this dice roller...

Storm Check

Newcomer

Newcomer

59 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

I think you can safely drop Faire Fire. Both Faerie Fire and Entangle affect the same area (20 foot cube/square), so you'll be forced to choose between the two in a combat situation. I think Entangle is the superior spell in most situations. Entangle imposes restrained, which grants advantage to attackers, disadvantage on the enemies' attack, and immobilization to add insult to injury. There are scenarios in which the anti-invisibility from Faerie Fire is useful, but for the most part it only provides advantage to attackers.

That's all true, though faerie fire targets Dex saves, while entangle targets Str saves. That anti-invisibility part can be very helpful when it does come up, of course

Then I also have web, which is mostly an upgrade on entangle (though not exactly), and which targets Dex saves (but allows Str checks to escape).

1 hour ago, bwatford said:

Ritual spells risk the same effects as if you used bonus action. So today they have a 46% chance of a mishap. You don't need create water today so if you are going to cast two spells, just roll the chance here, anything 46 and below will trigger, and I will determine what effects happen.

It is best to limit spellcasting on "stormy" days.

If we're using the hut, maybe we'll skip alarm on "stormy" days, unless there's some passage we want to keep an eye on. I'll try rolling for last night's goodberry, though. This is my first time trying this dice roller...

Storm Check